You added Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 North Third Street, Columbus, OH 43215 (Formerly Adam's Mark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #42 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Meh.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

First, the hotel IS in walking distance to the Arena District -- but it is quite the hike. We picked the hotel because it was 'close' to the concert venue, but we passed many other hotels that were closer in proximity. We were so far from the Arena District that it wasn't even listed on the handy pedestrian street map signs located around the hotel. Luckily, walking around vacant downtown Columbus in the middle of the night is pretty safe and we made it back to the hotel without incident. Based solely on location, we would not stay at this hotel again if we're only in town for a concert.

Second, I was not impressed with the service I received at the hotel. We booked the romance weekend getaway package directly from their website and not a third party room reseller. We were promised champagne, breakfast and late check out. At check-in we were told that the champagne would be right up. We sat in our room - captive - for about 45 minutes before the champagne made it up. We just wanted to leave the room and grab some dinner, but we had to stick around because 'the champagne would be right up.' The next morning, I called the front desk to ask what time our late check out was scheduled for. The associate on the phone was quite rude and told me a late check out was not in my "portfolio." I explained that I booked the package with the late check out and she said that they could not honor it because the hotel was overbooked. At this point I was upset and ready to walk down to the front desk to show them my reservation on their website. The ONLY reasons we booked the hotel was for closeness to the concert venue and late check out. Finally, the woman on the phone relented and told us we could stay until 1pm, but if we did not check out by then we would be charged for an additional day and the rate she quoted was double what I paid for the room. Displeased with the service I received, I left the room by 11am -- which was too late for the breakfast we were promised. Based solely on the rude associate, we will not stay in this hotel again.

Third, I hate to leave a negative review because I am not a negative person, so let me list the things that were 'good.' Our room was neat and clean (though I was turned off by the $12.95 internet usage fee). I really liked the Aveda products stocked in the bathroom. The staff in the bar were friendly and quick with the drinks.

I would not recommend this hotel to a friend. Sorry.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chersollycinci

Alliance, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

To start, the staff at the hotel was phenominial, very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, well kept but on the small side. The bathroom was especially small. Typical noisey hallways with doors slamming every two minutes. The beds were comfortable, and clean (no bugs, my wife checked). Great view of the city due to the fact that it's in a great location in the city. We walked to the Nationwide Arena from the hotel in a matter of minutes. We also had several good meals at Latitude 41. There is an excellent selection of very nice restaurants nearby. One thing that I noticed was they like to nickel and dime you to death with features that are usually free at other hotels. Overall experience was very good and we would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stay here periodically when I travel on business.

I really enjoy the location downtown Columbus, there are many really great pubs and restaurants within a short walk.

I find the bathrooms to be quite small, but they are clean, modern, and functional. The fitness center better than many hotels, but as with most hotels it is missing a few things I would like to use.

The decor in the lobby and lounge areas downstairs are very nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Far unlit unknown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance for two nights when I attended an event in Columbus over the summer. I'd booked a suite, which was a great value, well-sized, and very clean. The staff was helpful and courteous, and housekeeping was friendly and very efficient. I utilized room service for a couple of meals and the service was fine, but the food was a bit disappointing. I was also a little put off to discover that a breakfast buffet was the only option available in the restaurant when all I really wanted was a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee. Overall, a good stay and the hotel provided pleasant accomodations for the weekend I was there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I have stayed here many times. Very nice hotel. Great people, great service, nice location, and a very good restaurant...not a typical hotel dining experience. As for the people who complain about a lack of ammenities or service, all I can say is if you want 5-star service, don't book through Priceline. Do you REALLY think you're going to get anyone to go above and beyond when you're paying $80/night and others are paying $150/night? If you're booking through Priceline, you'll probably get exactly what you pay (or don't pay) for.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Second time I have booked the Renaissance via Priceline (i.e. did not know for sure what hotel I would wind up with). Via Priceline wound up paying $80/night for Thanksgiving weekend and the place qualifies as an excellent value at that rate. But overall just did not seem to be a top level experience - would have been frustrated to have paid full cost. Examples of problems: Arrived late in the evening. Room with two double beds just had fairly light blankets on them. One extra blanket in the room for the two beds. Person in second bed thought she would be OK, but actually was a little cold during the night. Next AM we called to get an extra blanket, which they brought - but with two beds, you would think they would supply extra blanket for both. Relative staying down the hall mentioned that they had quilts on their beds. I would have expected our room to have been made up with quilts. Called from their room to request quilts. Came back in the evening to find one bed with a quilt and nothing added to second bed. Had to call again to get second quilt. There were other problems of this level. Nothing terrible; but just not the kind of attention to detail that I would expect from a place that is marketing itself as an elite hotel. Previous visit in March of this year had similar problems. Would have no problems staying here if I make a Priceline bid at a cheap price and Renaissance accepts it - but I'll be hoping the Hyatt says yes to that bid instead of the Renaissance

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Nice hotel, clean & surprisingly very quiet. Great Location, in the heart of down town Columbus... close to all amenities. Beautiful city... doesn't feel like a large city, yet has large streets to get around easily. I would stay again... if I'm ever back that way again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends