CHECK IN: I arrived in the evening around 7, and there was one attendant at the front desk. Check-in took a while, and there was a considerable line of people behind me by the time I was checked in. The attendant was apologetic and attentive, but the desk probably should have been staffed better. For me, this wasn't a big issue, but it certainly could be for someone with children, or a person unable to stand for a long while. There isn't seating in the lobby area for one to wait for availability.
POSTED: If you are a smoker, there is a designated spot outdoors for smoking, and there are NO smoking rooms. There are postings all over that the hotel is 100% smoke free now.
(I think Ohio just passed a city smoke-free initiative?)
I am not a smoker, but if you are, this is important news.
ROOMS: I stayed in a King size room. It was beautifully appointed in red, black, white, and silver, with luxurious bedding, lots of comfortable seating, and nice amenities. There was a discreet cabinet with all the glassware one could need, a small fridge, a digital safe, and coffeemaker. The room boasted a great bed - the mattress was firm enough for support but soft enough for comfort, and there were six! pillows provided. (If six isn't enough for you, oh my, but there are two more pillows available in the closet.) The bedding was clean, plush, and new...very nice. The bathroom was updated in marble and glass with high end fittings. Plenty of clean towels, and the mint-thyme shampoo/conditioner was a pleasant "upgrade" over the generic hotel gimmes. Despite being located near the elevator and soda/ice machines, my room was quiet. In overview, I just loved the room, and felt very pampered and comfortable in it.
SERVICE: While I can't comment on the restaurants, I can share my room service experience. I enjoyed dinner and breakfast through the service, and am happy to share that both were prompt and hot, with all the little extras provided without asking. The service attendants were wonderful. Both attendants offered to help with any other needs - my breakfast server even offered to arrange my taxi. She said to name the time, and they would call me on its arrival.
CHECK OUT: Very quick and courteous. I had no problems, and my taxi was right there waiting for me, courtesy of the valet service.
NOTE: If you are coming from the airport, the taxi fare to this location is about $20-25, depending on traffic.
I had a great stay at this Marriott hotel, and would certainly recommend it to others!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover rejuvenated luxury at this Columbus, Ohio hotel fresh off an impressive $16 million renovation. Relax in over 400 luxurious rooms with upscale amenities and contemporary styling while enjoying stunning views of downtown. Let the colorful art of local artisans guide you to the rooftop terrace for relaxation in a uniquely urban poolside oasis. During your stay, explore nearby top attractions; Nationwide Arena, Columbus Convention Center, and The Ohio State University. Tantalize your palate at Latitude 41, a Dean James Max destination restaurant using local products and naturally-raised meats to create uniquely-simple dishes, or wind down with bar selections at the chic and vibrant Bar 41. For exclusive gatherings, enjoy tastefully renovated indoor and outdoor event space that provides an ideal backdrop for business functions and wedding celebrations. Feel the energy of the state’s capital at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Tingo and Priceline so you can book your Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Columbus Renaissance Hotel
- Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel Ohio
- Columbus Renaissance