“I would definitely stay here every time I'm in columbus!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel

You added Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 North Third Street, Columbus, OH 43215 (Formerly Adam's Mark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Gift for You
Ranked #40 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“I would definitely stay here every time I'm in columbus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

The staff at the hotel were the absolute best! I stayed for two nights and everyone I came in contact with went out of their way to be helpful. They were very knowledgeable about places to go and where to eat. The room was gorgeous and the bed was super comfortable. It is right in the center of downtown and walking distance to lots of great attractions. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hilliard, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We live nearby, but opted to stay here one night mid-week, because we were attending a concert at Nationwide Arena. This hotel is beautiful. It is clean. The room completely met our expectation. Marriott beds are the best! We had awesome weather during our stay and enjoyed the rooftop pool and spa. It is also convenient in that it is right downtown, so most everything is minutes away.

There was one negative during our stay and I do have to give kudos to the hotel staff for acknowledging and seeming genuinely sincere in addressing my issue. We had gotten in late from the concert and the housekeeping staff (I'm sure in an effort to be proactive and efficient) knocked on our door at 8:20. When I got out of bed and answered, they said they'd come back later, and they did...at 9:45. I can appreciate the effort to be efficient, after all, I'd been able to check in early the day before, so there's obviously an upside, but I didn't want to leave the hotel without saying something. The hotel's Housekeeping Manager spoke to me directly, and I do think my comments were well received, so I'm glad I spoke up. This may not even end up being an issue for future travelers, but if you want to be extra super careful, throwing that "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door before bed certainly can't hurt.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and I wish we'd have been able to stay longer.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Berea, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I picked this hotel because of the location right downtown and overall it was nice. Bed was super comfy and I was on a cycling trip and the valet suggested we park the bikes in room and the staff was super pleasant and helpful! I must say our waiter the following day for brunch in the hotel restaurant was really great too! I was just pretty disgusted with the bathroom. It was my first experience in a handicap accessible bathroom which basically made the whole bathroom the shower. Call me shallow but I was grossed out and for the money I paid expected to have a regular room/bathroom.

Room Tip: Specify a non handicap bathroom
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello, thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We are so glad to hear your excellent feedback on our staff service during your stay. We would like to apologize for the issues you experienced with the room type you were given. We are sorry that the room was not what you had expected and can understand where that would be disappointing. We thank you again for your feedback and hope you will stay with us again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Just spent two nights there on buisness.was greeted at door with a smile and bottle of water and a cookie. .must of all a frindly staff All was great all was clean..gym and pool were fine..great steak restaurant across the street..nice place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is far bar the best hotel I've stayed for business and occasional pleasure. The level of detail they put in is superb; the people are fabulous; the service is unmatched. You ask for anything and you get it; they truly make you feel special and appreciated.
Been travelling for over 4 years and been at this hotel on and off for about a year now and I wouldn't trade this hotel for anything.
-C.L

Room Tip: Higher floor has great
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Holly H, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hello Charlie, thank you so much for telling us about your stay. We are so delighted that you had such a wonderful time. We hope you will visit again soon!
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Enjoyed a quick trip to Columbus for a weekend wedding. Staff here exceptionally nice and helpful.
Walking distance to nice restaurants, quick trip to airport. Check out The Ohio State University campus very impressive!

• Stayed August 2014
columbus, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family stays at this hotel every year for Red, White, and Boom. The staff is top notch and very considerate to our needs. I'm a platinum premier member and they always provide us with a junior suite (without asking). A few years ago my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary there and they had champagne for us. Great views of the city as well.

If I could give any critique it might be with the age of the furnishings. They could use an update especially since the Hilton moved in and Marriott will be opening an Autograph hotel at the Leveque Tower. I can live with a slightly dated hotel for all of the conveniences of the Renaissance.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!