“"Needs Updating"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 North Third Street, Columbus, OH 43215 (Formerly Adam's Mark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #44 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Akron, Ohio
“"Needs Updating"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Hotel rooms are in dire need of updating. The bathroom was so small that two people could barely fit. The door they had on the bathroom was a folding type door and was just very strange. We found a green apple on our floor upon entering and the border wallpaper was peeling off. On a positive note, the staff is wonderful and very helpful. Also, we ordered room service and the food was good and service was fast. The rooms were not up to par, therefore we will find another place to stay while visiting Columbus next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Holly H, Executive Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordiinator at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello, thank you so much for reviewing your stay at our hotel. We are so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your room while staying with us. We are in the planning phase for a rooms refresh early next year which we are hoping will address some of the concerns you expressed, particularly the bathroom. Thank you so much as well for the compliments regarding our staff as well as our quality of food. We pride ourselves on our customer service and love to hear that we were able to deliver in that area. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Englewood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

TIP: Ask for a room at the far end of the hall away from any elevators and to reduce the guest traffic noisily passing your door.

Unfortunately, Columbus is short of truly first class downtown accommodations. There are a few candidates but most hotels there are like the Renaissance - a bit tired, fairly basic in amenities, and nothing particularly special.

This property was (I think) refreshed not too many years ago (within the last ten?) but the bones still look worn and in need of some sprucing. My room was adequate but overstuffed with furniture in an effort to make it seem more luxurious. There was an arm chair and ottoman shoe-horned by the bed right where I was likely to trip over them when navigating the room in the semi-dark. And I did trip over them more than once.

The bathroom was small but this is a downtown hotel, after all. The door was hinged in the middle from top to bottom creating an odd bi-fold action. I guess otherwise there might not have been any way to fully open the door into the small space? Small point: the toilet sits so close to the ground it might be better sized for a kindergartener than an adult.

The bed and pillows were very comfy and I was easily able to regulate A/C to my liking complete with my favorite run-all-night background-noise A/C fan. Good.

I was located near the elevator and the door was thin enough to allow me to hear every elevator ding, most guests as they walked down the hall, and door closings on all sides. I suggest you request a room at the very end of the hall on whatever floor you stay to reduce intrusion into your room of outside noise.

The staff was solid and check-in and check-out ran very smoothly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Holly H, Executive Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello Phil, thank you so much for taking a moment to give feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests! We also would like to apologize that you experienced some unsatisfactory issues during your stay. We would like you to know that we are currently in the planning phase of a refresh for our hotel public space as well as guest rooms in the coming year and beginning of next year. With that said, it is very helpful that you provided specific feedback regarding the room as we can take that information into consideration during our refresh planning phase. We are also sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced but are glad to hear that you we still able to get a good nights sleep. We hope you will visit us again. If you would like to discuss the issues you experierienced further with our General Manager please contact us at ColumbusManagement@renaissancehotels.com
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I cannot express how fantastic the customer service is over on 3rd street. Susan, Megan, Tim and Yordi all were so accommodating to me during my stay. I can honestly say this is my new Columbus hotel. I travel very frequently and have yet to be this impressed with this staff. Special thanks to Jorden for going out of his way for me. I truly appreciate all he did to help me with all of my special requests.
Also very much enjoyed the bar and Latitude for great food and drink! I highly recommend this hotel!
Great location and easy walk to everything!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Three straight years of traveling and this is my favorite spot. Any one of the valet staff, Ritchie, Adam or Ten, is available and ready to help. The front desk staff, Reid, Megan, Elyse, Amanda, Jernaine, or a personal favorite Yordi, always have a smile and add the extra touch of home. Kevin, Ted, Susanna, and Julie are always ready in the Club to make the stay personal and exceptional. Definitely a must for any road warrior.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel staff is wonderful! I have been staying at this property for 4 years and am treated like family when I visit. The concierge service is one of the BEST in the Marriott family. Susana and Kevin go out of their way to be accommodating, greet guests by name, remember guest preferences, make you feel valued and appreciated, and truly enhance the guest experience. Ebony at the front desk always remembers me and that also makes for a nice touch.

Would like the fitness center to be updated. A coffee shop downstairs would be a nice addition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Just a quick review for those who travel for business.

The Columbus - Marriott Renaissance has been my home away from home weekly for the past 20 weeks and the staff and facility are fantastic.

With the brutal Winter we had it was nice to have a home away from home whilst on the road.

Special thanks to Karen in the office, Austin at the Front Desk, and Kevin up in Club 21.

Thanks again to the whole staff for all they do to make The Columbus Renaissance a GREAT place for us road warriors to lay our heads.

Steve L.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Recently stayed here following a wedding. From start to finish we felt like valued customers! Fast and courteous valet, quick and attentive check in, amazingly comfortable and well cared for accommodations, and pleasant check out. Would stay here over and over again. Hated leaving.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!