I stayed here with my team for business, and we all had a good laugh at this hotel. The rooms are a joke. The only good things (and there are truly only three) is that the bed is very comfortable, and there are outlets -- at least nominally -- near the bedside table. I say nominally, because there is a multi-outlet plug on the floor near the bedside table -- however, I feel like there should be an outlet on the table or at table level to account for plugging in laptops, tablets and smartphones. The third good thing is that it's well-located for downtown Columbus.
The desk is huge -- it takes up the entire width of the room. However, the armchair is wedged in between the bed and the wall and turned at an angle away from the TV, rendering it unusable.
The biggest joke by far was the bathroom, which is about 2/3 smaller than it should be. It has a normal door that has been turned into a bi-fold door. I've never seen anything like it. You have to close this door in order to enter the shower, which is completely glassed-in except for a small opening for you to step through. However, the showerhead controls are located at the opposite end, guaranteeing that you'll get a blast of cold water when you turn it on in the morning so you'll be shot WIDE AWAKE if you weren't been before.
The lobby area is kind of cheesy and cheaply outfitted, and service lacks polish, to put it nicely. This is a property that requires loads of improvement in order to meet the standards set by this hotel class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in over 400 luxurious Columbus hotel rooms with upscale amenities and contemporary styling while enjoying stunning views of downtown. Let the colorful art of local artisans guide you to the rooftop terrace for relaxation in a uniquely urban poolside oasis. During your stay, explore top attractions from this hotel in Columbus, OH near Nationwide Arena, Columbus Convention Center, and The Ohio State University. Tantalize your palate at Latitude 41, a Dean James Max destination restaurant using local products and naturally-raised meats to create uniquely-simple dishes, or wind down with bar selections at the chic and vibrant Bar 41. For exclusive gatherings, enjoy a Columbus, OH hotel with tastefully renovated indoor and outdoor event space that provides an ideal backdrop for business functions and wedding celebrations. Feel the energy of the state's capital at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Columbus Renaissance Hotel
- Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel Ohio
- Columbus Renaissance