“Good location, pleasant room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel

You added Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 North Third Street, Columbus, OH 43215 (Formerly Adam's Mark Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #40 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Michigan
“Good location, pleasant room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

4 nites for a business conference in late April, 2013. Since I was alone, the room was good sized, but would most likely be a bit snug for 2. Lots of good closet space. Good fitness room open 24 hrs. Nice walking distance to most downtown attractions. My big gripe is the cost for parking $25/day, especially since there are a lot of covered public lots within easy walking distance. Admittedly, this is in/out valet parking, but I never took my car out during my stay. Also, there is free Wi-Fi in the lobby but not in the guest rooms and not always available in the meeting rooms. $12 a day for Wi-Fi. I got a good price break for the room. If I were paying "rack" rate, adding an additional almost $40 per day for parking and internet seems inappropriate for me considering this is Columbus, not Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance for a wedding we attended in Columbus. The hotel was spotless, and the decor was sleek and clean; surprisingly updated for an old property. We did like our room - especially the bathroom shower. The bathroom configuration was very imaginative - great use of available space and layout. The in-room safe was a nice touch as well. We did not eat at the hotel's restaurants, simply because they were too pricey, we felt. There's a ton of Starbucks within walking distance of the hotel, so a cup of coffee is not a problem, if you choose not to seek one at the hotel. All in all, the hotel was a very nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for my best friend's wedding. Check-in was easy, rooms were clean, and the staff was accommodating. We had breakfast downstairs the next morning and they were a bit understaffed so breakfast took almost two hours so my suggestion to management is to staff up when there is a large wedding group staying at the hotel. Overall, a very positive experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Liberty Township, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for a meeting I had co-coordinated for our department. The rooms were spotless, the bedding extremely comfortable, and the customer services from everyone was just amazing. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel is an old Adams Mark luxury hotel that has been completely remodeled. Big rooms with fun furniture. Full desks with lots of electrical sockets. The bathrooms tend to be showers only. Out door pool and hot tub. Gym is decent sized with a sauna. The Concierge lounge for Gold and Platiunum is top floor with good staff.

All in all a very solid upscale hotel. Nicer than your average Marriott and not so cookie cutter you lose track of which city you are in.

Make sure you book at negotiated corporate rate.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have a better view than even.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel en route to Tennessee from Toronto. We stopped in Columbus in order to catch a hockey game (which is HIGHLY recommended. Having been to 11 NHL arenas, the CBJ experience ranks in my Top 3!) We got the Renaissance on Priceline and I like the chain so was pleased. Especially for the price.
Upon arrival there was very helpful staff, a friendly front desk, we made it up to our room quickly. The rooms are good - general Renaissance. A little strange they don't have free wifi but since my Priceline package said free wifi when I spoke to the front desk about this they adjusted my bill.
The hotel is a good spot, close to venues, entertainment & restaurants.
We did have an extremely unpleasant experience at the hotel bar post-game. We wanted to go downstairs and get a bottle of wine and the service was TERRIBLE. And I mean TERRIBLE. We picked a seat, the server brought us the wine list, and then we sat there. And sat there. And sat there. I approached the bar and stood there. And stood there. And stood there. There were bartenders & servers passing by us/me. There was a female bartender who would just look at me and then continue you and even when I said "Excuse me" got the "He will help you" from her. I was just looking to order a bottle of wine... It found it so unprofessional and really so rude. I'm not sure if it's because my boyfriend & I are visibly in our late 20s and the rest of the crowd was visibly late 30s and up, but we are paying guests and probably more polite then many of people who were obviously intoxicated.
This put a weird taste in our mouths and after finally receiving our bottle felt like we wanted to rush through it instead of sit & have a fun couples treat.
Next time we will venture outside for service and not visit the bar.
In the morning we had an easy check out and a friendly goodbye from the parking team which included proper directions back to the highway.

Room Tip: Showers are a bit weird... they are like glass enclosures instead of proper bath tubs with a shower...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Natick, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Renaissance in downtown Columbus OH is ideally situated close to all the businesses in Columbus. The rooms are good size and bed was comfortable. They provide a refrigerator along with the room but is housed within a wooden cabin (may be to reduce the noise output?) A microwave is available close to the front desk, if you want to heat some food.
The room rate is nominal.
The lighting in the room is ordinary and the TV/remote are not state of the art(could not browse menu, you have a TV Guide book that has the various channel numbers and corresponding TV Channels(not the way I prefer. I prefer to look it up on the TV)
If you are a gold/platinum member with Marriott you get to have breakfast and Dinner at the lounge situated at the top of the Hotel.
The rest rooms have folding doors, the toilet is really low...(not my favorite)
The gym is ordinary and needs heavy upgrade, the pool is closed for winter, hopefully they reopen soon.
Convenience is the one that drives me to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!