“Restaurant with a unique menu and a good vibe.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #535 of 1,994 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Seafood, Brasserie
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Description: DeepWood is the balanced experience of living and dining well: sincere hospitality, personal connections, inviting atmosphere, local responsibility and a fresh evolving menu. The restaurant is an invitation into a home and is to be as much about its people and the way its guests are made to feel as the dishes defining the meal
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
“Restaurant with a unique menu and a good vibe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a cocktail with gin, pimm's 1 and some fruit juices that was delicious. Tried the trout special which came with shrimp potstickers and it was very good. My colleague ordered the duck and enjoyed it very much. The bread basket was also good with three different types of bread. The pumpkin bread was especially tasty. I wish I could have brought some home.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“We actually walked out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I agree with some of the earlier reviews. The service here was so bad that we left after having a cocktail. We encountered a very arrogant staff it took far to long to ask if we would like a drink and then we had to ask for menus. Then we sat and sat and the restaurant was not busy. No one came back to us Finally I left money on the table to cover one cocktail and one glass of wine and we left

Tate, Georgia
“Superb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was traveling and happened to stumble upon this gem in Columbus just 2 doors down from my hotel. Let me just say, "I wanted one of everything on the menu". But, that wasn't feasible. LOL.

I ordered the tomato soup- fantastic! It was thick, had a little cream in it, I believe puréed roasted red pepper and it was topped with shredded cheddar cheese. Very, very satisfying and delicious!

2nd course. The house salad and I asked them to add roasted beets. The beets were scrumptious! The salad itself didn't thrill me. If I were to dine here again, I would not order the salad.

3rd course and show stopper. The scallop appetizer. Out of this world! Amazing! Devine! I wish I lived closer so I could get that more often. 2 scallops wrapped in phyllo dough, baked, played with foie gras and mushrooms. Holy moly, it was incredible!

The atmosphere was quite nice as well.

Cheers!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grove City, Ohio, United States
“In search of a great burger....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We live in Columbus and subscribe to 'Columbus Monthy' magazine which recently showcased local restaurants who had 'Great Burgers'. Being the 'foodies' that we are, we immediately embarked on a 'quest' to decide for ourselves who has the best burgers. We ate at quite a few establishments and had a wide variety and though we have yet to complete the list, I feel compelled to comment on the 'American Burger' at 'DeepWood'...in a word WONDERFUL! Unfortunately this half pound Angus burger is only available on the lunch menu. A bit pricy for a burger ($10.50), none the less we found it to be well worth it. It comes with red onion, lettuce and tomato with a choice of cheese. I had it broiled with blue cheese crumbles- yum. They serve it up with whole grain mustard and ketchup they make themselves. The bun is pretty decent too...I have to say that this is best burger I have EVER had at a restaurant. The only negative I can come up with is its location. If you are a downtown worker it would be ok; but if not parking could be a problem.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Not paying attention”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have been here twice now and the same complaints apply to both meals. The food is visually stunning. The taste is underwhelming. At least one item on each plate was just wrong, either poorly sourced or poorly cooked. Which leads us to the idea of "fussy" food. Why don't they just concentrate on one salient item on each plate and surround it with flavors the compliment and enhance, not hide and confuse? It may be the exec. chef is excellent and his help is lacking. Not going back a third time

• Visited November 2012