“Great hotel experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Lambertville, Michigan, United States
“Great hotel experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Wow! Stayed at Cambria suites Mar. 6 - Mar. 9. Rooms and good sized and very modern. Our room had 2 very comfy queen beds and a full sized sleeper sofa( just a standard mattress ). Bathroom was very clean with lots of towels. Pool area was very nice. Wish I would have had time to try the whirlpool. It looked nice too. Very close to Polaris mall. Cabela s is just across the parking lot and Costco is right across the street. Tons of restaurants nearby. Front desk staff were all friendly and efficient but Jessica was super personable , friendly and helpful. Helped us find addresses to restaurants we wanted to go to,answered all our other questions and was genuinely interested in how my son was doing at the swim meet we were in town for. Will definately stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was my family's first experience at Cambria, and afraid it will be our last. We encountered a few troubling things during our stay.

First, several months prior to our stay, I called a toll free reservation line listed on Cambria's website and booked a full family suite for an attractive rate. But upon checking in, I was told that the res I made was through a 'non-authorized agent' and the hotel would not honor the quoted rate. Even after pleading our case with several managers, I was charged 30% more for the room I thought I had reserved. Funny how the hotel doesn't mind those same agents making their bookings, but quickly distances itself from any commitments made over room type. Moreover, the suite I thought I had reserved was not available for the 2nd of our 3 night stay, so we were compelled to pack and move twice over the course of 3 days. Not exactly comfortable.

Second, the 'suites' were incredibly cramped, little more than a small bedroom and adjoining, open sitting area. Despite being called a suite and with 4 of us checking in, the room was ill-equipped with linens, so I had to shuffle down to the front desk and pick up towels, blankets, pillows. In our second suite (2nd night), the fold-out sofa frame was terribly broken and would not bear any weight. Our children slept on the floor that night, and the sofa was replaced next day.

Third, the 'indoor heated pool' (which our children were excited about) was just a few degrees north of ice water.

Fourth, the breakfast buffet was understocked and overpriced. I understand that most hotels of this caliber include a decent and complimentary breakfast buffet. We paid approx $40 each day.

All in all, the experience was a real let down, and I can't reconcile our experience with the majority of positive reviews. Again, it was our first visit and we don't normally frequent budget hotels, so perhaps this was an anomaly. But suffice to say that we won't be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DeanRump, Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We find all feedback is useful, and we apologize that we were not able to please you.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Service was excellent and hotel was spotless, front desk help out with questions. We did not eat the breakfast so I cannot has several great amenities. Location is also ideal with shopping, restaurants and much much more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for the nice review! I'm happy you enjoyed the hotel as well as the Polaris area. We look forward to your return.

Dean
Sulphur Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My stay was wonderful. They has an excellent breakfast and everything there that you would need through out the day. The Staff was very helpful and always smiled. What a great place to stay in Columbus Ohio.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I am happy that your stay was so enjoyable and that we were able to provide for all your needs. Thank you for your great comments and we look forward to your return.

Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've now stayed at this hotel almost a dozen times (a great recommendation item in itself), and it's been a highly consistent experience highlighted by a nice location, helpful and attentive staff, and surprisingly good amenities. Having stayed both for business and personal trips, I love the access to everything at Polaris, but the food and service in the hotel itself are actually very good, and it has a great little bar area downstairs to meet people and grab a drink at the end of the day. The oversized rooms have always been very clean and are laid-out so that you've got multiple areas to do work or watch TV. There is also a well-appointed workout area downstairs and a terrific pool and hot tub. I've never had issue one at this hotel, but instead have left feeling good about my stay every single time. It's a little different now that the giant Cabela's has gone in next door - I actually liked it better when the hotel was off by itself a little bit. For the price and the overall experience, a place to which I'll return with frequency.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your continued business! We really appreciate it and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was here for business, but my family decided to come along with me to enjoy the room, pool and surrounding area for a couple days.

I pay extremely close attention to details, and this place was spotless. I would definitely stay here again. Everyone from the people in the lobby, to the maids, everyone was just so friendly and attentive. The bed's were really comfortable along with the pillows.

My family loved the pool and had a blast in all the areas around the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice review. I'm happy that we could provide the service you expect, and I'm glad your trip worked out for both your business and family time. We look forward to your next visit.

Trenton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've lost count of the number of times we've stayed at this hotel. We travel to Columbus often, and can always rely on the Cambria to provide us with good accommodations and amenities. The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway, close to all the action on Polaris, but it's situated away from the mess of traffic.

We've stayed as just a couple, and also with our now 3-year-old son. When he was still a baby, the hotel provided a pack 'n play upon request, but now that he's older, he sleeps on the sofabed. We've had both TVs going at the same time and never had a problem with the volume. They also have a very nice pool area with a hot tub, and a fitness center.

The Cambria has always been first on my list when traveling to the Polaris area, and so far, it looks like it's going to stay that way!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We value our repeat guests' and I'm happy we can be your home away from home for your family. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sincerely
Dean

Been to Cambria Suites? Share your experiences!