“Pleased With Our Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
ohio
“Pleased With Our Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight at this hotel and were pleased with our choice. The staff was very friendly, and the suite was spacious and laid out very well. There is a sleeper sofa, small refrigerator, microwave, desk, full length mirror and a nice king size bed. The bathroom had a walk in shower and modern fixtures. We didn't use the pool or workout room, but they looked very nice. The location of the hotel is great if you are planning to do a lot of shopping. The Polaris Mall is nearby, along with numerous other stores and restaurants, which makes for heavy traffic at times. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are planning to visit this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about our hotel. I'm happy we proved to be a good choice for you. Perhaps on your next visit you will be able to take advantage of our indoor pool and hot tub. Thanks again for staying at Cambria Suites and visiting the Polaris area.

Sincerely, Dean Rump

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoy this chain of hotels. They are newer, super clean, comfortable, and roomy. The workout room is much nicer than most hotel chains and the pool/hot tub are very nice. The breakfast is too pricey for what it is. Other Cambria's (like Noblesville, IN) have better breakfast than this one and make fresh omelettes. There better options in the area for breakfast. The staff at this hotel has changed quite often because I stay here a lot for business. Some are great, some-not so much.. But overall, the hotel is well kept and one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: They are semi-suites, not ALL suites with separate rooms. Most rooms have a separated little living...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DeanRump, Owner at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and we appreciate your feedback. I am happy you liked our fitness center and pool area and will take your other comments into consideration.
Thank You and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Bolivar, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel for his birthday this past weekend. We have been to Columbus many times but have never stayed at the Cambria Suites. We decided to stay here because it was one of the choices to redeem our Airline points on. We were a bit leery when we first got to the exit for the hotel because it was closed due to the Cabella's grand opening (cabella's is pretty much in there parking lot) but we were happy to see a hotel attendant blocking their lot entrance and only letting hotel customers park there so we had a good experience right from the start. The lobby was very clean and modern and the room the same, for the price, it was one of the cleanest & modern room we have ever stayed in. It had a king size bed, separated by a decorative wall and a couch and chair in the he living area. It also had a small fridge to keep drinks in. The bathroom was also clean and modern, with a vessel sink and tile walk in shower...also they had nice little bath and body works soaps. Over all this will be our new place to stay when we visit Columbus, and for first timers you can't beat the location, easy to find of I-71, close to Polaris mall and a ton of delicious restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the pond
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, Owner at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. We are pleased that we were able to make your experience a pleasant one and that you were able to make it through the traffic. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit with us.

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I want to first say I am an Elite Diamond member of the choice brand and have nothing but love for the brand, never been happier even as I am an equal member at 2 other brands. I point this out to describe the excitement I was feeling to get to stay at the Cambria Suites I have had heard so much about. So much that I planned this to accomodate the romantic plans for my wife and I as well as the neat accomodations I could provide a 7 year old with the mirage of her own big girl room. This was to be a trip of memories for the whole family and I was going to look like a champ. Instead I was made to look like the Chump. I booked this room over 2 months in advance knowing we would be in town for a national championship competition for my daughter. I asked management to help arrange a customary upgrade at my level to a particular room,either the hot tub"for romantic purposes" or the room with the additional bedroom for the daughter to feel like a big girl. Either one was assured to me by Chad the manager, all I had to do was call in to choice and book it first and spend 50,000 points( this =$7500 I have spent on business for the last 5 months) and book a regular room and they would upgrade it at time of arrival. I took a leap of faith and did so. 2 months go by and its the big trip, we are all excited. I get to check in and the fun begins. Kerry the front desk personel, has me in a regular room for the wrong amount of nights. I bring the notes that "are on the copy of the confirmation" to her attention, and that I was supposed to get another room. She develops a rude attitude and proceeds to tell me that" Cambria Suites" wouldnt consider upgrades. I explained I was an elite diamond member and already spoke to management, she cut me off and said " we have our policies and being a diamond member doesnt matter here this isnt something we are going to do. I told her she was wrong and it was in the notes, she continued to argue and said we have our policies and we stick to them. I suppose she read the notes and saw that I wasnt a liar and proceeded to backtrac and say we already gave you an upgrade, we gave you a room with a pull out couch. I replied an upgrade, as compared to my daughter sleeping on the floor? She asked did I want that or not, at this point, I couldnt see straight and just wanted my family to get settled. We get to the room and the upgrade to the pull out couch didnt have bedding, so I called down and never guess who brought it up. At this time my wife pointed out to her that the fridge didnt work and this was a concern given we had the competition to attend at 4 am and had no time to purchase the hotels $10 breakfast, she stated, its fine "All of our fridges work perfect in our hotel, give it time", we know what happened, the fridge didnt work and now I was looking for breakfast for my child at 4 am due to everything going bad. I contacted choice after our stay, they are awesome, they got on it, talked to the manager which was the original one chad, and said he is calling me back tonight to resolve this, they are ashamed and their policy says if anything isnt pleasing its on them. He never called until the next day afternoon after I called to choice back to let them know he never called as they instructed. when he did, He actually took kerrys side saying he spoke with her, she claimed to offer us other rooms, none of this happened, they always give upgrades, and sorry for any miscommunication but nothing I can do for you "but promise if I ever stay with them again he would continue to provide me with the service they take pride in" obviously I will not give them the option to serve me again with that stance as I explained to him. Side note maybe this is a bad one in the bunch, choice did take care of me out of respect, which is obvious not what you will receive from this destination.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank You for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Cambria Suites Polaris, I appreciate your patronage to Choice Hotels as well.
Once again, we apologize that you were disappointed with your stay, and any confusion about the upgraded Tower Suite that you received. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly by calling 614-841-9100.
We strive hard to ensure all of our guest have an enjoyable experience for which Cambria Suites Columbus / Polaris is famous for.

Fairfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Cambria Suites near Polaris in Columbus and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nice, spacious room with a king-sized bed and a separate sitting area. The staff at the desk was also very helpful. We got a good price because we stayed on Friday and Saturday. I think they target business travelers who stay during the week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, General Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back on your next visit to Columbus.

Sincerely, Dean Rump
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked this for my husband's HS reunion, and travelled with our two girls.

The place is fairly new, so looked very nice. Attractive lobby, attractive rooms.

Breakfast in the lobby was very mediocre, especially for the price. Shells in the scrambled eggs always turn me off, and the rest wasn't much more exciting.

My biggest beef was the fact that these are not actual "suites". No separate bedrooms, no door closing off the rest of the room. Just a partition to section off the bed area. Not ideal when your kids are on the sleeper sofa in the other area.

When "Suites" is part of the title, you'd expect them to be just that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DeanRump, Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our breakfast . I have spoken to our kitchen staff to ensure this does not reoccur. I would also like to apologize that our standard suite was not what you expected. We do offer a two room suite and hope that when you return you will try one these.

Sincerely:
columbus, ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and i came to this hotel over Presidents Day long weekend, we checked in and had to wait while they were busy answering their telephones...we got a room on the first floor, amd walked i to the room and it smelled like crap, literally.. Went out to front desk and husband explained either someone had used the facilities or there was a sewer problem. Front desk contacted the housekeeping dept. and they verified all rooms on first floor had an odor.. I was so grossed out, i wanted to leave and change hotels but gave another room a try.. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, and we wont be back.. Especially since they didnt offer to upgrade our room for free or nothing. Disturbed they know about sewer problem but still rent out first floor rooms..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DeanRump, Manager at Cambria Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It is always helpful and we appreciate all of our customer reviews. Please rest assured that the problem you encountered has been rectified. I would also like to apologize for your wait upon check-in. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you the next time you visit Columbus.

Sincerely; Dean Rump

Been to Cambria Suites? Share your experiences!