“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed here on business for 4 days. Very spacious and great breakfast. Free wifi, only negative was when I turned on the heater, it was very loud. Right across the street from the mall, close to restaurants.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Akron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My one night, business stay at this hotel was plesent and unremarkable. Check in was a breeze, my room was clean and spacious. I'm super paranoid about bed bugs so I put my bag in the bathroom and searched every nook and crany of that room with a flashlight, even stripped the bed and inspected every seem and came up clean. This will be my top choice for return trips to Columbus.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side of the building look out over a lake and into a housing ellotment. Which is...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We had a 1am arrival into Columbus and after a brief cab ride spent a relaxing evening at Cambria Suites. The room was nice - clean and pretty basic but had what you needed to comfortably stay for a few days. What sold me on this hotel was the staff - they were helpful, professional, and clearly focused on the premise that the customer is always right. I would stay here again in a heart beat and definitely will recommend others stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I live in Akron and come to Polaris periodically just to get away. I was so impressed with this hotel the first time I stayed in 2010, that I signed up for the choice privleges credit card. (like I really needed another peice of plastic! lol!) Not only is this hotel beautiful, but the staff is wonderful and accomodating as well. I always look forward to getting some of the best drinks and laughs from the bartender Kevin, I always have a blast every time I stay there and cannot wait until my next trip!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Somewhere in Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We drive through Columbus A LOT, and we have stayed at many hotels in the Columbus area for any reasons. We decided to stay at this hotel on 10/30/11 because I simply could not make it those extra 100 miles. The Cambria Suites was jaw-dropping! I had no idea it would be that beautiful a hotel. The property is located in close proximity to the highway, near shopping and many restaurants. Our room was clean, spacious, and contemporary. The separation of the sitting area and sleeping area was a great touch because we had the kids with us and that meant they could watch their own program on tv without disturbing us! If you want cocktails they have a full-service bar with personable, friendly staff. Did I mention the room service? YES! Great! The food is reasonably priced and tastes great. The only thing I have mixed feelings about are the breakfast prices. The front desk representative upon check-in informed us of the pricing for breakfast but I overheard her tell a different guest of his "complimentary" meal ticket . While this hotel was visually stunning, the prices were comparable to prices I would pay at The Rennaisance in Downtown Columbus. I need to check into that for confirmation. That will not deter me from staying at this property in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

This property is beautiful, it is convenient and in the location of many restaurants. It is easy to get into and easy to get back on the highway too.. This property has all of the features you expect from a hotel, and more. The room division is nice if someone wants to go to bed earlier than the other person, and the beds are super comfortable too.....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I travel frequently to Columbus and normally stay at the Courtyard Worthington or Hilton Garden Polaris. For my most recent trip both were sold out and I gave Cambria a shot based on the good reviews here. The hotel was very good. The room was very well laid out, clean, and comfortable. I really like having the separate sitting area. The breakfast buffet was very good and included in my corporate rate. The only two negatives are 1) there are no outside restaurants in the immediate proximity; the mall restaurants are 1/4 mile or so away which is not normally a big deal but I had no car and in the rain that's a long haul; and 2) the coffee in the breakfast area was mediocre. Overall, though, I loved this place and will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Cambria Suites? Share your experiences!