“Best hotel experience of a busy week - a great full service hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Columbus/Polaris

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Fishers, Indiana
“Best hotel experience of a busy week - a great full service hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My 17year old son and I spent a night here on a trip from Indianapolis to Northeast Ohio. I had to unexpectedly go out of town for my job earlier in the week and we were not able to leave Indy until nearly 8:00 p.m. – too late to complete the drive that we normally do in six hours.

We made our reservation on our smart phone about 90 minutes before we arrived using the Hilton app. As I had a Hilton Honors account with a credit card set up, it was a very easy reservation process. I had scoped out availability and rates and various hotels along our route on Friday morning. I had spent two nights at the Hilton Polaris a few years ago for a conference and had a pleasant experience. The easy access to I-71 on the north side of Columbus was just what we needed.

We had a great experience for our quick one night stay. I had stayed in three different hotels that week and this was the best experience.

Large spacious room with a large work desk and table. Free wifi throughout the hotel. A positive after being hit with wifi fees earlier in the week at other hotels.

High shower head (I am 6-2, son is 6-1 - this is important to us) with plenty of hot water, although a few points off for the low flow shower head.

Room had a refrigerator for our use and a coffee maker. Plenty of drawers and storage space. It would be very easy to spend several nights here.

The room had a safe in the closet.

Parking lot had ample spaces, was very well lit.

We received complimentary breakfast buffet due to our Hilton Honors status. It was a good selection, we were in and out quickly and on our way.

For the weekend the rate at this full service Hilton (with a beautiful lobby and lounge) was in the range of the various “mid-level” hotels around (i.e. Hampton, Courtyard, Cambria, Hyatt Place, etc) and was actually cheaper than some of them. Casual travelers looking for a place to stay off the Interstate should check out the Polaris Hilton.

I am 2 for 2 with great stays here. I usually don't spend the night in Columbus and if I do it is usually after a BlueJackets game and I try to stay near the arena. But this hotel will also be my first choice if I can't get a room downtown for a hockey game.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We had such a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was amazingly accommodating of our rather raucous wedding group. I called at the last minute to put chocolate covered strawberries in the brides room and they took care of it, no problem. The best part was the shuttle to the airport and nice young man who drove it, Erik. He is a great conversationalist and solidied my great impression of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Kristen F,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I’m thrilled to hear that you had great time with the wedding party and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will make sure Erik is recognized for his efforts. Please keep us in mind should your travel plans bring you back to Columbus, OH.

Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Polaris Hilton is well appointed and located near all major transportation routes and dining/mall shopping areas. The Hotel staff and food quality are well above average. The rooms are well appointed, fresh and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Everything was great. Clean room, very comfortable beds, wonderful pillows. Staff made us feel welcome the moment we entered. Convenient location, efficient, friendly check-in, and ambience is nice with fireplace in lobby. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Planned to stay one night ended up staying two. Very comfortable and spacious rooms.

The gym was a pleasant surprise for a hotel gym. Breakfast was also good, but the restaurant can be very busy at certain times.

A wedding party and a birthday celebration were both going on but there was never a noise issue. I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Airswift,
Thank you so much for writing such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious rooms as well as breakfast in the Gemini Grille. We look forward to your return!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Hilton Columbus / Polaris is a wonderful hotel. The room is large, with a nice set-up for working and a huge bathroom / shower. The staff is very friendly and the workout room is perfect with a lot of great aerobic equipment.

The location is great, right next door to a large and modern shopping mall with a ton of excellent restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Perrysburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is fantastic. They make you feel welcome the second you arrive and make everything so easy. The room was clean, neat, and gorgeous! The pool was great for my son and he loved the hot tub too! Exceptional service for the entire staff!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Crystal M,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad that our staff was exceptional towards you. Our main goal is to provide our guests with a welcoming stay. Again, I do thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

Nancy Howard

Been to Hilton Columbus/Polaris? Share your experiences!