“Never fails to amaze...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast & Wi-Fi
Ranked #14 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Never fails to amaze...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My fiancee and I just stayed here yet again for our anniversary this year, and we keep coming back. It was actually last year that I proposed to her in the same hotel, so now there's a sentimental attachment to boot!

But for the actual property, the staff has always been absolutely wonderful from the front desk to housekeeping, to the restaurant crew, etc. What we love about it though, is while yes, it is across the way from the busy shopping center of Polaris, it still gives us a chance to feel like we can get out of the craziness of Columbus (we live on far East Side), without necessarily having to leave entirely.

The Gemini Grill is amazing. As a Gold Member you get a free breakfast at the Grill, which is lots to choose from beyond usual fare. Then if you happen to stay on a Sunday, the normal $21.95 Sunday Brunch gets marked down to $8 a person, but it's definitely worth it. Includes amazing waffles and omelettes made to order on the spot.

On our most recent stay, even though had prepurchased an executive level room in advance, they actually upgraded us to a parlor suite for free, which was a nice surprise. Not sure if this was due to Gold status or not, but wasn't complaining!

The rooms are quite quiet for the most part, and kept very clean.

Overall, would definitely recommend this property, and while I've never been, would certainly pick this over the Easton Hilton any day!

Room Tip: If you can swing it, definitely grab an exec level floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I love THIS HILTON,, Well as you all may know..... I parked my car out front it was QUIET..
Its not a real busy place and that is fine with me cause I'm not into Noise..
I walked to the front desk I introduce my self and it was really quiet in this place..
Very clean and PRIVATE ...The Rooms are Huge the staff is Professional & IT'S QUIET..
They have a spa to die for I mean real HOLLYWOOD Style.... They have A very nice RESTAURANT(Gemini) AND EVERYTHING was PEACEFUL...oh and Quiet....when I visit Ohio I must stay here for sure defiantly for the PEACE & QUIET.....

Room Tip: King room is the way to go...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Pierre A,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! I'm thrilled we were able to provide you with the peace & quite you were looking for during your stay. I will be happy to share your comments with the staff so that they know they are making a difference in our guest's experience. We look forward to your return!

Canton,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at this property before and find that they keep the property clean and comfortable. I checked in quickly as an Honors guest and was able to rest quietly without issue. I also like the property because there are things to do around the property (mall,fuel, food etc.). The other added benefit is that when I am ready to leave Columbus in the morning I am already outside the 270 belt and not fighting traffic. The property also has a nice restaurant, Bar and room service if needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on business. The hotel is very welcoming. The beds are very comfortable with duvets. The rooms are modern. The heat/cooling system works well in the rooms. The shower has good water pressure and lots of hot water. There is a gym, pool and spa on site. The staff are excellent - efficient and friendly. The location couldn't be better - near a lot of great restaurants and shopping. They also offer a free shuttle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the third time my husband and I have stayed at this property. The first two times, we stayed in a standard room. While the room was nice, there was not anything overly special about it. This time, we decided to splurge and reserve a King Executive Suite. We were very pleased with this room:

Pros:
~Large Suite with 1 full bath (with large soaking tub and secernate shower) and 1 half bath
~Wet bar with small fridge
~Large Shower with 'rainfall' showerhead
~Comfortable sofa and chair in living room area
~Comfortable bed, chaise lounge, and chair in bedroom
~Outstanding room service (we ordered room service three times during our stay....each one was excellent. The price were extremely reasonable
~Quiet
~Plenty of parking
~Lots of pillows and fluffy towels, plus a robe
~Very clean (no bed bugs)

Cons:
~The lampshades on some of the lamps were very worn (a couple with holes)
~We have noticed on some of our more recent stays that when we check out, we are not asked how are stay was. I find this peculiar, especially considering that we stayed two nights in one of the more expensive rooms, and we are HiltonHHonor members. Again, this is not the only hotel that failed to ask us how are stay was, but I find it disappointing when they fail to ask.

This is a very nice hotel, with lots of restaurants and shopping near by. Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay in this room, and we will plan to be back!

Room Tip: Splurge for a King Exec. Suite. You will be glad you did!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Chops1971,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! I personally want to thank you for your loyalty by choosing to stay with us versus other hotels in the area. I'm glad you enjoyed our Two Bay King Suite on our Executive level. I have shared your comments with all departments involved so that they can correct the two issues listed in your review. We do take your comments seriously and I hope you give us another opportunity should you return to the Columbus area. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Shelton, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very Clean If in Ohio this is the place to stay........We have seen some of the other Hotels in the Area. This was the best !! Great location Plenty of places to shop and eat. Easy access to the Highway

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear MikeA,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review of the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We really appreciate your input and hope you choose us next time you visit Columbus, OH.

Olmsted Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We just completed a one night stay at this hotel and from check in to check out I feel we were taken very good aware of. Being a Hilton Honors member I thought this would groing to be a nice hotel and I was proven correct.

The a property is very well maintained and it has a very home like feel to it. The rooms are a very good size and nicely appointed.

Being close to a large shopping complex like Polaris only adds to the benefits of this hotel. It is also very convenient to downtown Columbus as interstate 71 is right busy this hotel. If yo are planning a visit to the Columbus area please check out at his property. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mash62,
Thank you so much for writing this "outstanding" review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We take pride in providing excellent service, a clean hotel and all the amenities you come to expect from a AAA Four Diamond Hotel. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus, OH, hopefully it will be more than just one night!

Nancy Howard

Been to Hilton Columbus/Polaris? Share your experiences!