This hotel is now 4 years old, but Christmas Eve was our first time to stay there. The hotel was only about a third full, so it was nice and quiet. Friendly staff at check in. Nice big lobby with a fireplace - good first impression.
There are no guest rooms on the first floor, but the elevators are smooth and fast. The room itself was good sized, with a mini fridge, desk, loveseat and coffee table. The bathroom was all in one (sink/shower/toilet in same room), which I don't prefer, but I guess they do that for noise sake if someone is trying to sleep while another gets ready. No bathtub, which disappointed me too since I was planning on shaving my legs. No seat in the shower either which would've helped. Nice bath products though. Towels are big (smaller is better in my opinion!), but soft.
The bed was comfortable and they had plenty of pillows. The heating unit makes noise when it cycles on and off, but it didn't wake us up. Since the hotel wasn't full, we had a quiet nights sleep.
Breakfast on Christmas morning was decent. I chose the wheat French toast and sausage. Toast was great...came with some fresh strawberries and blueberries. I'm used to turkey sausage, so the regular sausage they had was a bit greasy for my tastes. Service was cheerful and efficient.
Christmas Eve, we took advantage of the free shuttle to catch a ride to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House for my birthday dinner. Mike, our driver, was friendly and full of information about the hotel and the area. We used to stay in the hotels near Ruth's Chris, but knowing that we can get a shuttle from the Hilton, we prefer to stay closer to Polaris Fashion Mall.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris Hotel
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris Hotel Columbus
- Hilton Columbus Polaris
- Hilton Columbus/Polaris Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the thriving Polaris Centers of Commerce, the AAA Four Diamond Hilton Columbus/Polaris hotel offers an elegant stay in an excellent location. Just off Interstate 71 and featuring a complimentary shuttle to and from Port Columbus International Airport (CMH), this Columbus, OH hotel is ideally located near transportation links. The shuttle is available 6:00am to 10:30pm Monday through Friday and 7:00am to 10:00pm on weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Columbus/Polaris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.