“Huge fan!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
New York, NY
“Huge fan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've stayed here on a few occasions for business meetings, and every visit is just as great as the last. On my first say, there was a huge group of us spending several nights and we arrived pretty late on a Sunday evening. My one co-worker was booked at a different Hilton (the Garden Inn) by mistake, but the Garden Inn staff were great about it and canceled her reservation, despite the very late notice.

We went to the lounge something to eat and grab a drink or two. The bartender was excellent, and the truffle fries are a-mazing. Order them. Trust me.

Rooms are spacious, beds are really comfortable and the staff are top-notch. There's a safe in the room, a decent wifi connection and a nice desk/table setup if you need to get some work done in the room. Room service is also excellent!

On my second visit, I took advantage of the free executive breakfast and it was well-worth waking up for. The gym is also very new, clean and there's a water cooler there to help you stay hydrated.

Lastly, I must comment on their shuttle service. Fantastic. You can arrange a shuttle to the nearby Chase corporate offices (to-and-from) so there's really no need to rent a car. I also learned that they will pick you up from the airport. Tip them well, these drivers are great!

Only one small nit. I waited 20 minutes for a receipt from the using the printer in the office lounge, and left empty handed.

Good hotel and great service!

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here for two nights due to business meetings being held onsite at this hotel. Everything was perfect and I mean everything. The hotel catered our entire event, breakfast, and lunch two days and a formal dinner. The food was outstanding. Not your normal bland tasteless buffet set up, the food was really good. The dinner was amazing with top notch service.
My room (#405) was spotless and extremely comfortable. The wifi worked flawlessly and was included. I have stayed in many hotels for business and pleasure and for the overall experience this was the best.
The management of this hotel really should be proud of their entire staff, every little detail was taken care of from the room service, to the catering staff and even the shuttle ride back to the airport (also included), AWESOME JOB. I would return in a heart beat.

Room Tip: I was on fourth floor, elevators are isolated, so really no issues of choice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on our hotel. We truly appreciate feedback from our hotel guests. We do take pride in the customer service we provide at our AAA Four Diamond Hotel. I will definitely share your comments with the entire hotel staff. They really enjoy hearing about what a great job they are doing and it is especially nice to hear this from a happy guests. We hope to see you again in your future travels back to Columbus, OH.

Nancy Howard
Toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean. The rooms are not spacious but they are fine. The staff was nice but there is no one helping with bags when you check in. There is lots of staff at registration but no where else. The concierge lounge is closed on the weekend. We were told we were getting a free breakfast but the lounge was closed and nothing was provided.
The restaurant is not worth the time. The food was spoiled and the staff was rude. I asked for a paper napkin and I was told to get it myself at the coffee bar. The next day, the grapefruit juice was spoiled and there were no muffins or bagels. We had to ask for one from the waiter who then didn't refill anything. A child we knew but not sitting with us dropped a plate. THREE of the wait staff stood by and watched his mother pick it up. They never offered to help. When I complained to the manager, he never said anything to the family. Terrible food and terrible service.
We were travling in a group with 25 kids plus family memebers. The staff wouldn't do anything special for us. Nice hotel but not worth the extra money for a special function.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
First I would like to apologize for the miscommunication about Executive Lounge and complimentary breakfast. Our lounge is always closed on the weekend and we try to communicate this in several places on our website and our reservation call center. So I do apologize if you did not find this information prior to staying with us. Customer Service is a top priority with us and we are currently looking into the situations you have mentioned in this review. We will review this with our staff and provide additional training, if necessary, to ensure none of these issues occur in the future. We do value our weekend travelers and we continue to be a top choice hotel for many groups and families that come to Columbus, OH for the weekend. I do hope you give us another opportunity to provide accommodations and excellent customer service to you and your family in the future.

Nancy Howard
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Polaris for 2 nights for a conference this weekend. The rooms and conference areas were great and had no complaints on the look of the exterior or interior (maybe it's newer?). There were a lot of kids using the pool area and I think this would be a great stop for any family traveling on I71. There is plenty to do around the hotel with numerous restaurants and stores. When we checked out and returned home we discovered we left clothes hanging in the closet. When we called the hotel they transfered us to Housekeeping where we got their voicemail. We called back again and they told us they would transfer us again. After some prying, the hotel took our name (customer service was lacking here), but the next day we called back and housekeeping had our items. Would we stay here again - absolutely!

Room Tip: If you're a Gold HH Member make sure you receive your complimentary breakfast vouchers.
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is what I would consider a benchmark for all hotels to try to mimic. The lobby has a beautiful fire feature and the staff was welcoming and efficient!

The room itself was spacious and had a functional layout and included interesting art.

The bathroom was amazing. The granite counter tops and tiled shower made me feel as though I was visiting a millionaire friend for the evening. The water pressure was almost too high, but after a long day of working in the military, it helped me relax.

There isn't much nearby in the way of breakfast, so enjoy what the hotel has to offer.

Top notch!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor on the back side of the building has a nice view of the fire features at the bar!
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for one quick night. Free hotel shuttle from the airport. Suburban hotel. That's shorthand for the rooms are huge, as are lobby and restaurant areas. Staff helpful and friendly. In short walking distance to a big mall. The hotel seemed fairly new. Great glass shower. Super clean.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very nice hotel. Very clean. Good location. Efficient staff. My only complaint is that the HVAC was noisy. I could not get it to be quiet and wound up turning it off at night to go to sleep. Otherwise stay was fine. The restaurant was good for lunch and dinner, but avoid the pancakes in the morning (not very appealing).