“Excellent and thank you so much.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8700 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
ohio
“Excellent and thank you so much.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Large clean rooms, excellent service, professional staff. The only negative were the hot wings in the bar, they were not so good. No problem, next time we stay here and we will stay here again, we'll to to the Quaker across the way and bring back wings or got to Marcella's or Brio or anyone of many excellent restaurants in the immediate area for happy hour.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you very much for taking time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay, with the exception of our wings. I have share you comments with our Chef and he is looking into the this matter. We look forward to the opportunity to have you back to try our wings again and enjoy our AAA Four Diamond hotel when you return to Columbus, OH.

Nancy Howard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I will sometimes go to Eddie Merlot's next door for a romantic dinner and stay at the Hilton even though we live in town. This is a fantastic location, super clean, and excellent staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Morgantown, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Recently stayed for one night and I wish it could have been longer. Our king-bedded room was large, comfortable, and immaculate. The bed was also comfortable with an abundance of feather pillows. An extra blanket was provided that was the softest blanket I've ever felt! Nice bathroom with a great tiled shower. The bathroom had a motion activated light which was nice in the night. The a/c worked great! The room stayed nice and cool without a lot of noise. We had a refrigerator in the room. Attractive, roomy lobby. There was a small convenience store area by the front desk where you could purchase a snack. Free internet for the first 24 hours. Free parking.

There were loads of nearby restaurants and places to shop. We were there on a weekend and it was easy to get around. I heard that it can get a little crazy around rush hour on weekdays.

We travel a lot and this was one of the nicest hotel rooms we've stayed in in awhile!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you very much for taking time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We value all feedback so that we can continue to provide excellent service and amenities to all travelers. We hope to see you again when you return to the Columbus, OH area!

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris for a weekend getaway and it was a great experience! This was our second stay at this hotel, and we had such a wonderful experience the previous time, we decided to stay here again.

This is a brand new hotel (probably two or three years old at the most). The overall decor of the hotel is very tastefully done. Our room was spacious, modern, and very comfortable.

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly... everyone from the front desk clerks to the housekeeping staff were nothing but professional and courteous.

There is a lot of parking spaces available and the parking lot goes around the entire hotel. There is no valet parking available, though.
The area that the hotel is in is very nice! The hotel is right across the street from Polaris Fashion Place (an upscale shopping mall) and there are several other shopping and dining options nearby.

Overall, this hotel was a great place to stay! I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you for taking time to recommend our hotel to future travelers! We appreciate any feedback from our guests which has helped us remain one of the top 10 Hilton Hotels in the U.S.A. in regards to guest satisfaction scores. Every level of staff takes pride in our AAA Four Diamond hotel which opened on June 19, 2008. We look forward to having you back to the hotel when you return to Columbus, OH.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011 via mobile

I am from Columbus and wanted to take my mom to an upscale hotel for a night due to her being sick and not being able to travel. I picked this hotel in an effort to give my mom a night she could remember. I had preordered a gourmet cheese tray and chocolate covered strawberries to be in our room when we got in our room. I asked the clerk when I checked in if my items were in the room. She told me they were not. She went
on to tell me because they are cold items they don't put them in the
room before check in. Now when
you preorder they ask you the time
of arrival so they can have the
items in your room when you arrive. We got to our room and after a phone call and 15 minutes later we received our items. We paid twice as much for the items to be in our room when we arrived. The room service menu had the same strawberry tray for half the price.
So we could have odered from the menu for cheaper. Il reserved a room on the executive floor. When I inquired on why we were not on the executive floor the front desk stated the concierge lounge is
closed Friday evenings and through
the weekend so all rooms cost the
same. That is not true because
online there were different prices
and I could have saved at least 20
dollars. We went to the restaurant
Located in the hotel (Gemini Place) and was less than pleased. The glasses were dirty... One had lipstick on it from a previous guest. The food was not good we had the crab cakes, chicken noodles,roasted chicken. As I type this I am still here waiting on breakfast in bed. I hope it is on time and taste good. This would be my last chance to make this better for my mom. Hopefully. I am very disappointed in my overall experience

there. It doesn't say anything about having to wait. We get in the
room a phone call and 15 minutes
later here comes our food. The
room service menu had the

• Stayed January 2011
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for taking time to post your experience so that we were able to address your challenges during your stay. We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our award winning hotel takes pride in our service results and can assure you this is not our typical guest experience. Your feedback has allowed us the opportunity to review certain operating procedures which will allow us to eliminate similar issues in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to once again be of service to you and your mother.

Dominic Vitale
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service from Columbus International airport. It was very convenient for us, as we didn't want to rent a car. We advised the hotel in advance of our arrival and the shuttle was waiting for us at the airport. All the shuttle drivers we met during our stay were friendly, courteous and helpful. The complimentary hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within 5 miles from the hotel (and pick-up too if you call them). We found this service outstanding and a big plus for staying here.

Our room was in executive floor. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a modern design furniture. We visited the executive lounge for breakfast and few drinks in the evening. Breakfast was good with a choice of fruit, bagels, pastries, cereals, juice, tea and coffee. In the evening there are few complimentary snacks (cheese, crackers and veggies with a dip). Alcoholic drinks do cost some money, but the prices are very modest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
nhoward, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. I'm so glad you had an opportunity to enjoy some of our wonderful amenities that we have to offer for our travelers. We look forward to your return!

Canton,Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Polaris for a night on a business trip. The hotel is located in the hustle and bustle of the Polaris shopping area north of Columbus. The hotel has a very nice lobby and quick check in. The room was very spacious with a smaller size bathroom. Everything was very clean and made for a comfortable nights sleep. I was able to dine, shop etc all in one place and be ready to hit the road in the morning. Next time I am staying over night in the Columbus area I will be staying at the Hilton Polaris.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Columbus/Polaris? Share your experiences!