“Bed Bugs!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard)

Save Saved
You added Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard) to your Saves list
Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard)
2305 North Wilson Road, I-270 & Roberts Rd. (exit 10), Columbus, OH 43228   |
Special Offer
$20 Off First Week
“Bed Bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

It appears that I don't have them in my room, but the room right next to us does. It's infested with them. What is irritating is that no one notified us or asked us to change rooms. So, now ill be up all night doing everything in my power not to bring these things home with me. I will be complaining in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012
LIPVP, Sales and Marketing Manager at Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard), responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that your concerns are being addressed and that we take our guest experiences to heart.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

They will lock you out of your room even if you have made arrangements to pay the next day. Does'nt matter if its $5 or $500. They call and demand payment when you can't physically get there before they close. Then they hold your belongings hostage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
LIPVP, Manager at Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard), responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know all properties require payment to be paid in advance and remain current.

- Management Representative
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We needed a place to stay while we looked for a home in Columbus. We knew it was going to be a couple weeks as least and just needed a basic place that was secure, clean, and affordable. We looked at sublets and it was just too difficult to find the right fit of timing/length of stay. Other hotels were at least $50/night, which gets pretty pricey, pretty fast. We found Value Place online, took a leap of faith, booked online and showed up with all our moving stuff.

We were pleasantly surprised. We thought the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The room was decent size (we got a free upgrade) and we were pretty much left alone. Neighbors were quiet - it was pretty low key. It is true that there are lots of taxes and fees in addition to the room rate, so be prepared that it will be higher than just the advertised rate. With that in consideration, though, it's still a decent deal.

I think the Value Place idea is pretty cool. It's like a mix of hotel and sublet. You get a clean, basic place to stay, and you have to bring your stuff (except furniture of course!). That was not a problem for us, because we had everything with us.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would definitely stay again. Just keep in mind, that you need your own kitchen ware and cookware, and probably some extra towels. Just think of it as a temporary, semi-furnished studio.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

DO NOT stay here the service is horrible, the staff is rude and does not care and it shows in the crappy customer service. Expect dirty towels, linens, and for them to not clean anything, especially if you are staying for an extended period of time. Then after you leave they will Fraudulent Charges your Credit Card for charges in the amount of hundreds of dollars for lies. Funny thing is they are so ignorant, because I have pictures of the immaculate condition that the room was left in. Good luck having fraudulent credit card charges on your record Extended Stay at 2305 Wilson Road, 43228!!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT Stay here!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard), responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Value Place Management
Wyoming, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Based hotel prices in the area if you book here they have clean room but are lacking dishwasher and they charge for everything toilet paper, towels, and internet is slow pond(10 dollars) water . your better off useing your toggle card for internent and fastest upload speed was 10-15kbs for try upload a 5mb file for work .Trying to watch youtube on the pond water internet was not even possible .There missing a gym and need a better internet All in all there prices are not bad.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard), responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

VP Management
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I stayed here mid March through mid July while looking for a job and apartment. I was a little worried about safety, because I had to do this solo while my husband kept his job in another state. I really had no problems with any one bothering me or feeling unsafe during my stay. They have entry doors that you have to use a key card to enter and also the laundry room uses the same card. The area is well lit and has a nice gas/food stop right next to the property. There is also a Tim Horton's and Wendy's across the street.

The lady at the front desk is very nice and tried really hard to help me when I was on my way to an interview but could not get my resume to print. The night guy was also very awesome - coming down to the office one Sunday night at 10pm when my key card would not work!

As for the room, it was very clean - I have never seen such a clean bathtub! It looked new! This is the only time I've stayed at a hotel when I felt comfortable soaking in the tub. The room has a two burner stovetop, full-size fridge, microwave, lots of storage space, wired internet access(loved being able to set up my desktop), cable tv, a raised platform bed, a table, two dining chairs, one regular chair, dresser, night stand. You do need to buy you own bath tissue after the one roll provided is gone, but not such a big deal.

Compared to other extended stay hotels, you get much more for your money here - one week = 3 days stay at a regular hotel.

I would definitely stay here again if I needed an extended stay hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed at Value Place in Hilliard, OH for two (2) weeks on business. It is, without a doubt, the best cost to value I have found. The hotel is clean, well-managed, secure. The beds are firm and very comfortable; even though it is close to U.S. 70, it is quiet. I left early for the job and had a ten minute commute to downtown Columbus. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Columbus, Ohio (Hilliard)? Share your experiences!