“Very good, as always!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's - Columbus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 1,992 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lyra Drive
Columbus, Ohio
“Very good, as always!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very nice restaurant and we come back here every year when we are in town. There were 4 of us and everyone had positive comments about their meal. The sides are plenty to share.

• Visited November 2013

New York City, New York
“Solid steakhouse in chain restaurant central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Good, solid steakhouse - within easy walk of the Hilton - so if you don't have a car, it is very convenient.

Feels a bit less chain-y than many of the restaurants in the area.

Visited September 2013
Blacklick
“Eddie Merlot's Columbus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've been to Eddie Merlot's in Columbus, Ohio several times and have always received exceptional service (maybe the best around). Everything I've tried (food) has been superb they have a very large, well chosen wine selection. I've actually been there on several times and just ordered several appetizers (all incredible) and a bottle of wine. Eddie's is on the pricey side but its a great place for dates and special occasions.

• Visited October 2013
Avon, CT
“Good Food But Could Be Improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and dined here last Friday night during our visit to Columbus for the President's Cup. It was our first time at an Eddie Merlot's. While we enjoyed the food overall, we did not feel the service and overall dining experience justified the high tabs.

The wine list is very good with interesting selections at all price points. We enjoyed a bottle of 2009 Simi merlot at a reasonable $44.00. We shared a Caesar salad and each of us had filet mignon with bernaise sauce. While cooked to order and flavorfully good, they were not of the quality of a Smith & Wollensky or a Palm. Our side of lyonnaise potatoes were good, but, again I have had better versions of this dish. Dessert was the highlight of the dinner - we ordered two different cheeses with interesting breads, accompanied by two glasses of Remi Martin VSOP.

Seating is comfortable with very low soft leather chairs - one really sinks in and it is a different feeling at first, Our server was pleasant, but there were service glitches throughout. The bread served is a major disappointment. One of the best things I find about a good steak house is an interesting bread selection served in a basket. Here, it was just a warmed loaf with butter - very plain and uninteresting. That causes me to downgrade the restaurant from very good to average. Another issue was a visit to our table by the host/manager (?). He was walking around the room going up to each table with forced and too loud good cheer. When he got to our table he did not introduce himself but shook my hand speaking Italian. Harmless, but quite annoying. We did enjoy the dinner overall in a nice atmosphere, but with more attention to some detail, this could be a first class operation instead of just another expensive o.k. steak house.

• Visited October 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not really blown away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined here recently while in town for a weekend getaway. The wine list was extensive and they had my favorite Pinot Noir which was great. We started with the calamari, the server (who did a great job by the way) suggested it but frankly I thought it was pretty bad. It was too chewy and a strange texture. The dipping sauces seemed like they came from a bottle. I then ordered a salad and they were kind enough to customize it to my taste which was great. I had balsamic dressing which again was marginal at best. For dinner we had filet and grouper. My grouper again was fine but not fantastic for the price. It was really salty and oily. The filet however was cooked perfectly, tender and flavorful. Overall we just weren't all that impressed. The wait staff was great but the food lacked the flair I expected.

Visited September 2013

Been to Eddie Merlot's - Columbus? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Eddie Merlot's - Columbus, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.