“Love watching the harness racing and playing the slots” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #80 of 216 things to do in Columbus
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's first Racino, Scioto Downs offers over 2,100 of the world's hottest games in a 120,000 square foot facility that NEVER CLOSES! Enjoy live harness horse racing every May - September and simulcast wagering year-round. We've been bringing harness racing to the community for over 50 years!Looking for evening entertainment? Visit the Veil Bar, located in the center of the gaming action, every Friday and Saturday night for live local and regional bands. Visit our website to see what national entertainment we have every Spring/Summer live on our racetrack.If you are hungry you can visit one of the many dining venues at Scioto Downs Racino. Enjoy the Dash Cafe for a quick lunch, or take in the 7 station Grove Buffet for dinner. Want a dining venue where you can see all the live harness racing? Make a reservation in the Clubhouse which puts you in front of the racing action with an upper scale experience.
Lancaster, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Love watching the harness racing and playing the slots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm not a big gambler, but it's fun to come to the Racino when I'm in the Grove City area. Free admission to the track and low prices on beverages and food allow for a little extra money to bet on the horses. Note that the harness racing is seasonal so, check the schedule before heading out for the track. The casino is just the right size for me. Plenty of slots starting at a penny, a bar in the middle with live entertainment and big screen tv's, clean restrooms, beverage stations and a variety of food options. This facility has a well rounded patron base and I think that's what makes it so much fun.

Visited September 2013

13 attraction reviews
“Better than Hollywood Casino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

If you like slots, Scioto Downs is a great value. All slots with plenty of penny and nickle machines to choose from. A separate room holds $5 & $10 machines. I watch the harness racing iutdoors while my husband plays the slots. Saw a concert there last week. All the seats were great. But, if you like to dance to the music, you may be told to sit down. Felt bad for the true fans who wanted to really get into it. The lady behind them complained and the usher made them sit down.

Columbus, Ohio, Usa
“Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Do not try and get hot sandwiches on a busy night. If you want hot food stick with pizza and fries. They were overwhelmed and understaffed. Poor planning on managements part. I will not eat there again.
Alma Allen

Lebanon, OH
11 attraction reviews
“Been watching races here my whole life.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Without the casino this place would probably have closed. I have been involved in harness racing my whole life. It was sad to come to the races here a few years ago. I even shed a tear because it was a ghost town compared to my childhood. Regardless the casinos have saved harness racing in Ohio finally. This has always been "Ohio's showplace of racing." It still is exciting but I am partial of course. Regardless, check this place out. Bring your kids/family or just as a couple and watch the races then go into the casino if you wish (without kids). You get a $25 credit for signing up for the player's card. The racing side is coming back slowly but surely. We sat on the patio where they will wait on you. The food was decent for a sports bar atmosphere. Service was good for drinks but kinda slow for food. It was a nice relaxing evening at the races none the less. Plus, I won all kinds of money at the track and casino which was just icing on the cake for me and my wife's little getaway.

“Nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

After reading many reviews was worried that it would not be a great trip.I must say the place was surprisingly nice.Buffet and service was great the day we went their. Was told they had just hired a true Asian Chef and that the staff was being pushed to improve. We were treated very kind. The machines were pretty much the same as most of the Casino's we have been to.Wife is coming home a winner and very close go even. So I would consider that a win.Talked to Vice President of Operations who was standing outside the Main entrance. Very cordial and Professional! Thanked him for a Great first trip to Scioto. Will definately return!