“A lot closer than vegas” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 59 Attractions in Columbus
Type: Horse Tracks, Casinos & Gaming
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's first Racino, Scioto Downs offers over 2,100 of the world's hottest games in a 120,000 square foot facility that NEVER CLOSES! Enjoy live harness horse racing every May - September and simulcast wagering year-round. We've been bringing harness racing to the community for over 50 years!Looking for evening entertainment? Visit the Veil Bar, located in the center of the gaming action, every Friday and Saturday night for live local and regional bands. Visit our website to see what national entertainment we have every Spring/Summer live on our racetrack.If you are hungry you can visit one of the many dining venues at Scioto Downs Racino. Enjoy the Dash Cafe for a quick lunch, or take in the 7 station Grove Buffet for dinner. Want a dining venue where you can see all the live harness racing? Make a reservation in the Clubhouse which puts you in front of the racing action with an upper scale experience.
10 attraction reviews
“A lot closer than vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

A new Racino for Central Ohio to stay instate and enjoy. Will be even better when the buffet opens up.

Ohio
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

A combination of good harness racing and the new casino. The racing facility has been renovated and there is an increased emphasis on entertainment, with music and other activities between races. The casino is obviously brand new and enjoyable, even though I lost.

chillicothe
“Ripppppppppppppppppppppp Offfffffffffffff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My sister and i played almost every machine in the building , the most payoff was not even $5.oo over any $20 we spent. I was so dissapointed , were not big gamblers but we don't like unfair gaming, I think the State of
Ohio should test there machines , I believe thier soaking the new customers to pay off thier debts , and that no one absolutly no one will make a differance thier except to come out brokeeeeeeeeee?

Columbus, OH
5 attraction reviews
“Fun! A little Vegas in central Ohio.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have gone there a few times now. The slots only are is very nice, clean and Vegas like. It gets much to crowded on the weekends but that will change a little as time goes by. Slots seem somewhat tight but my wife has done very well on 25cent and dollar slots. Free drink machines are found in two different areas. Overall I'm glad to have ths as an entertainment option. It's a great diversion every once in awhile not far from home.

Ohio
15 attraction reviews
“No power for air conditioning but slots were up and running”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This casino is so new that it still has that new furniture smell. We were there during a time were there were severe storms. We went early Saturday morning and found out that their power had been out since 6pm the night before. At the time we arrived there were more staff than there were guests. Generators were running the slot machines, but there was no energy for air conditioning and it was probably 90 degrees in some areas. Staff were hot and frazzled, but very friendly and did everything they could to keep clients comfortable. My husband found a machine near an opened door with a huge fan which kept him cool. When power was restored, all machines crashed, but in time people were able to receive their tickets and no lost money.
Kudos for the staff for working during a very hectic time.

As for the casino, the slots were varied. More penny slots than quarter slots, but more than half of the penny slots required a minimum of 30 cents or higher to play. Since it a new property, they were offering a special for player club member who received a minimum of $25.00 of free slot play. Many new machines that I have not seen at other properties as well as popular standards. Since it is connected with a race track and in Ohio, there are no table games. The buffet was not yet opened when we were there but plans to open in July. More machines are also planned in July. Plenty of parking with a shuttle to pick you up at your car, which was nice as I arrived when the rain was pouring and the driver saw me pull in and was waiting for me as I left my car. I plan to return and hope that they add a hotel in the future. Currently Grove City is the closest place to get a hotel room, but since it is right off Int. 71 and SR23 is the first exit off of 270 E. Any hotel in Grove City is less than 10 minutes away. Many places to eat are also in Grove City as there are no restaurants currently close to the casino. I'm just glad that there are finally casinos in Ohio.

Visited June 2012