“Good food & entertainment” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #676 of 1,863 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Ohio
“Good food & entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We took our children here as a treat before school started. We hadn't been to a hibachi style japanese steakhouse in a while and had read many reviews of the ones in Columbus. This one was located close to Easton, which is where we were staying. The restaurant was clean and decorated nicely. We were greeted and seated immediately and then had our orders taken by a not-so-friendly employee. He then sent our chef over to prepare our meals. We enjoyed the onion soup, however never recieved the salad that was supposedly included with our main entree purchase. We also ordered sushi- it was presented well and tasted very good. The meal itself was good (not great). We ordered chicken, shrimp, veggies, and beef. Several in our group ordered fried rice while the rest had the standard white. The kids were entertained briefly, but we weren't overly impressed by any talent showed in preparing the meal. We were given a few shrimp off the grill right before our meal (that fulfilled the shrimp appetized mentioned on the menu). The meal was very filling and most of us had trouble cleaning our plate. In all, I would probably return to this restaurant if in the area and looking for this type of food. They didn't have any major flaws, but just didn't overly impress either (especially for the price).

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very clean, nice, reasonably priced, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Very clean, nice, reasonably priced, good food.

ColumbusOH
“FOOD POISONING!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

I was so excited to go eat at Kobe this past Monday evening, 9/1/08! The service was okay, food tasted good...until I got home. Immediately upon my arrival home, I ended up getting sick w/food poisoning. I stuck thru the pains until yesterday, 9/3, when I couldn't bear it any longer....I had to go to Urgent Care due to severe abdominal pain and other not to mention other unpleasant side effects.
I would not go back to this place. My boyfriend and I's meal including 2 drinks each was $100.00. Then to top it off, a & $75.00 copay to Urgent Care. Upon reading other reviews, others have been sick as well. Use caution and / or go to another restaurant.

Baltimore
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

I was visiting Columbus during the first week of June. On June 3rd we took our sister to Kobe's for dinner. The food was good, I have tasted better in other Kobes but I was disappointed in the treatment I received from my waitess. The norm is that all diners are given "wipes" to clean their hands before their meals our served. We were not, however, I noticed that all diners arriving after were given "wipes". It saddens me that in 2008 racism still exists. Rather than make a scene, I chose to address the issue this way. If you are African American, you may not want to dine at the Kobe Japanese Steakhouse 3884 Morse Rd. Columbus, OH. If you do, be prepared to be treated differently. I know that they will never get my business and I happen to visit Columbus again.

Ohio
“Kobe - the Flop of Columbus”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

My husband and I first went to Kobe right after it opened. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good, either. We decided to give it another try tonight, 3/27/08, hoping they had worked out some of the opening-a-new-restaurant bugs. It was absolutly awful. Our "chef" wouldn't talk to the patrons seated around the table, barely knocked his knives together and tossed a shrimp tail in the air once. Needless to say, the "show" wasn't a show at all. Then came the food. The grill obviously was too hot, as everything he cooked on it burned almost immediately. The veggies were burned so much that the flesh was black and charred. Needless to say, he served it like that. My scallops, while tender on the inside, were blackened outside. By the time he made the bean sprouts, the grill was covered with black, charred food, which infused the sprouts and gave them a wonderfully burnt aroma and flavor. The steamed white rice was good, as was the iced tea. Service was very poor and no one ever asked how our food was or if we needed anything else. The bill for both of us, without alcoholic beverages or appitizers, was $55 and some odd change. We didn't leave a tip, which is very rare for us, as we NORMALLY will tip 20% to 25% for a good meal and service. We will, I repeat, we will never go back to Kobe. I will happily drive from Gahanna to Polaris to eat at the Japanese Steak House on Sancus Blvd. Don't waste your time and money at Kobe, you'll be very sorry.