You added Clarion Hotel & Suites Conference Center to your Saves list
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #119 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Ok stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Everything is out of date and just not inviting. But i did have hot water and a clean room. Not much too say, but I will not stay again. I attempted to use the gym. The equipment did not work. The breakfast area was down a long hallway in a very dark area. I was throwing out a cup of coffee and gnats flew everywhere coming out of the garbage right by the door at the front desk. Apparently no one has emptied that for awhile. Just not for me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tipp City, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The room was clean and neat.....decor was pleasant not fancy but ok. One of the chairs in the room had a tear in it. The carpet in the hallway was wore in places. Windows going to the breakfast room were dirty and smeared.
The bkfast really wasn't that bad hot eggs, potatoes, and sausage. Along with pastries and cold cereal .... the coffee was good as while. The room was neat and clean and restocked as needed
This looks like it was a very fancy hotel at one time just not keep up to date maintenance wise.
The staff at the was desk was not that friendly

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

this hotel is the dirtiest place I have ever been. Hotel staff is nice but the hotel is filthy outdated and disgusting. I would never recommend this property to anyone Clarion should pull their name from this place

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was one of the worst stay at a hotel. I was bitten by bed bugs. Around 2:00 am, I awoke to a terrible itching on my body. I went to the bathroom and seen bumps on my head, chest and lower body. I checked the bed and there were several bed bugs crawling in my bed. Guest services came right away and collected two bed bugs from the bed. Needless to say, i was transfer to another room but could not sleep and immediately went to another hotel the very next morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Morehead, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed here this past weekend for a rock concert event. Was totally unhappy as soon as we checked in. We would have immediately left and went to another hotel but every hotel in Columbus was booked for this event. We paid $135 per night before taxes for a king jacuzzi suite. And that was with a AAA discount. I have paid far less for these types of rooms and the rooms were way nicer. The tiles were detached from the tub. I set my hand down and they were just falling off. Furniture was damaged and the microwave was ancient. There were multiple stains all over the floor, I was afraid to walk around without shoes on. There was filth on the doors and walls that had not been wiped clean. The water in the shower was ridiculous as well. Once you got it to a comfortable temperature, it would then change from that temp to freezing cold or scoulding hot. It was ridiculous what we got for what we paid for this room. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Because of challenges I have had in the past with Clarions in another city, when I got into the room the first thing I did was inspect my room CLOSELY. Everything was clean, includeding the bed and bathroom.
The foyer was a little warm but it wasn't uncomfortable. Everything I've encountered so far has been fine. I am a very picky person when it comes to my accomodations. I realize that when I pick this price point I'm not expecting a great deal. This property has more than met my needs and will return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Westlake, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The lobby and rooms are dirty - but the very worst were the BED BUGS! We "captured" one, took it to the manager on duty who took it without saying a word of apology or with the least bit of surprise! We checked out immediately at 12:30 am and told him we wanted a full refund. I checked my credit card account this morning and the charges are still pending! Needless to say, this will be disputed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JCKapoor, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for recently staying with us and also for the feedback regarding your experience. I am very sorry and apologize that we did not meet and exceed your expectations. I am always appreciative of guest feedback on my hotel so that we can continually improve our hotel product.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do further for you.

JC Kapoor
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Columbus, Ohio.
6148887440/Ext. 606

Been to Clarion Hotel & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!