“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Brice Road

Econo Lodge Brice Road
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Columbus
Econo Lodge Brice Road
You added Econo Lodge Brice Road to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Motel   |   5950 Scarborough Blvd., Columbus, OH 43232   |
Ranked #116 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus,Ohio
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed at this econolodge over the Labor Day weekend due to a power outage in our home. When we arrived there the night staff was somewhat friendly. Our room was what we expected for a budget hotel, but, the beds we're so uncomfortable. The housekeeping staff was very rude! They only gaves us 2 towels and wash rags for a family of five!! On our last night there, I reached into a cabniet where I was keeping my 8 month old daughters baby food, and a cockroach craweled out!! Not to mention there was a needle in the parking lot! Also, their free "breakfast" are tiny donuts and toast! We will NEVER stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Park Rapids Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I stayed at this Econo Lodge for a week and a half for a youth conference for our church. When we got there the place wasnt clean at all. We had to go ask the front desk for our towels, and toilet bowl cleaner. The place was extremly discusting. The beds were uncomfortable. The sheets and comforters had stains all over them and batteries inside of them. The walls were paper thin and you could hear everything in the other rooms. We were barely there. We found other places to go through out the day just so we wouldnt have to be there. I would never stay there again.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — It was very unclean
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

I had to get a hotel in Columbus for a early flight and this was the cheapest hotel in the Choice Hotel System that was close to the airport. The hotel was reasonably clean but was kind of old and is more like a motel. It only took me about 15 to 20 mins to get to the airport and would recommend only for a one night stay.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

I was redeeming some comfort inn points at this sister motel location, flying blindly into the unkown booking off choice hotels reservation website and having not stayed at any Econo Lodge in the recent past. I remember them to be average or maybe worse but certainly not this bad. This place is best described as a transient motel.

This joints an old Knights inn ...and I mean OLD.

check inn was a 20 minute ordeal.
I was finally assigned a room 324 (supposedly the only clean room available) in a rear building...and upon entering found no heat...it was probably 16 degrees in the room. Kicked on the wall heater, at least it worked...all fixtures were old and shoddy and in need of updates., the walls were stained, cracked, dented and paint was peeling,. I wouldn't use the shower it was that dirty...
The chairs in the room had crumbs on them (not morsels). and they were stained as well. Lamp above bed broken and shade stained and tore.. towels were dirty. (like someone wiped off their car and the stain couldn't come out). Exterior of building bad.

It's the kind of motel where you'd think twice about maybe sleeping in your car instead.. It didn't give me the feeling of safety, it was as bad as any chain location can get.

choice hotels should be ashamed to be associated with this dump....and should pull the plug, and rip down the econo lodge signs..

• Liked — I lived through the night without my car being broken into
  • Disliked — It wasn't a walmart or Target yet.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Exeter, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

This little hotel was not bad...but it was older..and it showed.. But, it served the purpose of a clean bed and a good nights sleep and a hot shower.
It is also pet friendly... we were traveling with my cat to Illinois from PA.
Anyway, there is a computer in the check in area, and free donuts and coffee in the morning. Not a big selection, so you may want to go out for breakfast. But again, if you just want to grab something and go..this is fine.
I would recommend it for a one night stay if you are traveling.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Brice Road? Share your experiences!