“Decent hotel, good price for the area” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #82 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Houston, Texas
“Decent hotel, good price for the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while in the Easton Mall area for the weekend. It was the cheapest place by $100 so I chose it over the nicer hotels. It looks like it has been recently renovated which I liked, but it smelled a little dirty and smokey. The room was nice except for the bed which was extremely uncomfortable. I think when they renovated the rooms they left the old beds there. In the morning I went down to get a complimentary cup of coffee and both of the carafes were out of coffee, and there was no one in sight to make more. When i checked out the coffee still hadn't been refilled so I gave up on that.

Pros:
Very reasonably priced
Recently renovated(at least my room)
Small kitchen in room(Microwave,stovetop,fridge)

Cons:
Common areas a bit smelly
Hard bed
No coffee in the morning/staff nowhere to be found

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have often been placed in this hotel when reserving a room through Priceline when I'm just passing through Columbus and need a place to stay relatively close to re airport. I have always found the staff friendly and accommodating, even when I've arrived as late as 2am. The suites are large and have always been clean. The price is good through Priceline ($40-$50) but I'm not sure I'd pay the regular hotel rates. Overall, it's a convenient stop on my way elsewhere in the state.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lowellville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Nice outside appearance complimented with nice lobby. Room was clean quiet updated and great shower. Coffee in lobby all the time. Would stay again. Close to lots of shopping if that interest you. Close to highway. Nice lighted parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014
Monroe, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Let me begin by saying we were making a quick visit to Columbus to pick up our daughter and bring her home for the summer from Ohio State Univ . It was graduation weekend so prices of hotels we normally would stay in we're hiked up or just full. We decided to be economical and move further away from college. To begin with the front desk staff were very nice, the outside of the property looked nice and it was right across from Easton Mall. The front desk staff even called the room once we checked in to see if we were happy and at that point we were. The room has a nice lay out with small kitchen, table, desk and bed. The issue we found were as follows- guests seem to smoke all over the hotel, the hallways and stairwells stink from it and the odors from cooking in the rooms can be overwhelming in hallway. The bed linens were very minimal and the room was not cleaned properly. I had to wipe water from the kitchen floor and rag came up brown, soap left on top ledge of shower, and found ice cube trays full of water after the fridge had been turned off so it was stale water. We had a busy weekend of packing up our daughter so I did not complain because we were just there for two nights and didn't want to have to move to another room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I made reservations on short notice that ultimately got duplicated. No problem in correcting the reservation with the great assistance of a very helpful front desk clerk. Since the room configuration reserved could not be honored due to certain rooms being oversold, I was given two rooms, which was more than a generous accommodation for the error. The rooms were clean, including the kitchen areas, with adequate workspace for one person. The WiFi signal was strong with no disruptions.

As with most of these types of hotels, no fitness center, but the area is good for walking or running in the early morning. I did not experience a great deal of noise from any neighbors. The "grab and go breakfast" was gone by the time that I arrived downstairs, but that wasn't the point of my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

When I first walked in I noticed that the kitchen counter was dirty with dried up food. The face of the cabinet had something split down to the floor and it was sticky. Both the table and the desk were dirty.

• Stayed April 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Other than the pleasant front desk staff, there was nothing else positive I can say about this property. Soundproofing was non-existent, you could hear every door shut and every conversation in the hall. Room was not especially clean, found debris on the floor. Towels were of extremely poor quality and beds were extremely hard. The 'breakfast' was coffee and instant oatmeal. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family