“Poor Customer Service ***** needs improving or new employees” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #83 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Toledo, Ohio
“Poor Customer Service ***** needs improving or new employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My hotel room was nice and would have considered stay again Sat nite & in future But Scott was very Rude and was not nice at all , Scott was friendly to other guest but rude and short with me - this need to be worked on - I was in town for Religious Conference and chose to stay @ Extended from other visits around Us but Scott was so- rude I chose not to stay and I have relayed this info to my Employer - FedEx to never use any of these hotels and my Girlfriend works for Owens Corning and we have told her fellow employees also - Please make sure to Correct Scott's actions or you will continue to loose business,I will be back in Columbus in Aug but would not dare to stay at your hotel because of way I was treated Poorly and Very Unprofessional

Room Tip: Please watch out for Rude employee - Scott :(
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. The customer service you encountered is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am talking with my employees about the importance of showing our guest's a great experience, which begins with top-notch service.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CEA@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Extended Stay in Columbus, Easton for business this past weekend and had a very comfortable trip. The staff was courteous, prompt and informative. The room was clean and fresh with everything I needed. I was even able to do a quick load of laundry at 8 at night! Recommended for the quick business and holiday outing travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Jonathan - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at CEA@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Super friendly staff, but filthy environment. The room was nonsmoking but smelled like a dive bar on an early Sunday morning. The room was so dirty you could see the filth on the ceiling fan blades and the popcorn ceiling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your satisfaction. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be looking over everything with the employees involved to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at CEA@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This place was run down and dirty. Sticky floor in kitchen 2 lamps didn't work and the grab and go breakfast is nothing more than a granola bar and coffee nit like I was told on the phone. Stayed on a non smoking floor and the place smelled very badly of smoke.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Dth445
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for The cleanliness/ smoke issues you"ve encountered during your stay. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are currently looking into new avenues regarding our SMOKE SMELL issue that you described. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at CEA@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Horrible customer service! Gross place, unsafe, rude staff. Charged my card three times. Will never use this chain again! Actually cut down my staff member upon arrival and bad mouthed my company. Many other nicer, equally priced hotels in the area to chose from. I suggest anything else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Ann C,
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in very rare circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

When I was first put at this hotel on Priceline.com, I thought oh no! I haven't been here in over 13 months and the last time I was here I did not particularly enjoy the rooms. HOWEVER, upon arriving at the hotel this time, I was first amazed at the new decor of the lobby. The walls and rooms are all totally renovated and very clean. The bedding, televisions, and phones have also been upgraded! The staff, including Mr. Smith are very friendly and very helpful! I will definitely recommend this hotel to my associates! Great job!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all the kind words
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We made reservations for 2 rooms for a Saturday night. We got a great rate but that was about the only thing that went right. The front desk clerk was very unprofessional and seemed annoyed to have to wait on people. He gave us our cards for our 2 rooms and when we arrived at the first one, we realized the bed was unmade and there were dirty towels in the bathroom. The second one smelled like smoke even though we had asked for a non smoking room. When we went back to the desk the clerk said, " I know - you're going to tell me the room smells like smoke." No, we actually let that slide and just let him know that our room had not been cleaned. "Oh yeah", he remembered. "My manager told me something about that." In the morning, we checked the hotel amenities booklet which said there was a take and go breakfast in the lobby. The online booking info also mentioned breakfast. When my husband went to the front desk, they informed him that the breakfast had not yet started. He asked when it would be ready and they let him know it wouldn't start until sometime next year.

So, first room dirty, one room smelly, unprofessional staff, no breakfast.
I thought since Extended Stay's cater to business travelers that they would have a professional atmosphere.
It was a great deal if you don't have very high expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back. The multiple room conditions along with the unprofessionalism of the staff you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy,and the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be.

Although your comments are discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton? Share your experiences!