“Don't Make The Mistake Of Staying At This Hotel!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #80 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Burlington, Kentucky
“Don't Make The Mistake Of Staying At This Hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night to catch an early flight. The hotel room was won by bidding on Priceline (first time using Priceline and it was a mistake). From the minute we pulled into the parking lot we were not happy with the hotel. The parking lot was covered with trash of all sorts, there was a grocery cart with empty beer packages outside the door, and the trash was overflowing. The customer service at the hotel was not the best. I called prior to arriving to ask if there was a specific restaurant nearby and the hotel representative did not attempt to help us finding the nearest one. The lobby was clean, but the feeling wasn't right. While walking up to our room the horror of filth continued. Sitting in the hallway near our room was a frying pan with 3-4 inches of grease. I watched a staff member walk past the pan and did not attempt to remove it from the hallway. The room had a weird smell, the feeling was that the room was not that clean. The hotel claims that the rooms were recently updated, but the furniture was old and damaged along with outdated utilities. I would also like to add that if it wasn't for Priceline I would have never stayed at a hotel similar to this. Staying at this hotel was simply a mistake made by attempting to use Priceline. The thought crossed our minds a few times to cut our loss and book a room at the Hampton next door. If you don't mind a dirty feel and you need a very cheap stay then book this room. Otherwise avoid this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed from the first impression of the parking lot, common areas, to the lack of customer service and attention details to each member of our team

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kent, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We did not actually sleep at this hotel so I can only comment so far. We checked in and found our bed (that was supposedly a Queen bed) to be one of the smallest beds I've ever seen in a hotel. The room was dark and had a musty smell. The 19" box TV and beat up furniture made it evident that some updating is necessary. We called the front desk and asked if they had another room with a larger bed and maybe no smell. We said we would be willing to pay if there was a difference in price. She said not to worry and took us to another room. It was the exact same thing except this one had a dirty shoe print on top of the bedspread. We ended up cancelling our reservation and staying at the very nice hotel next door (more expensive of course, but worth every penny). On a positive note, Nique, who worked at the front desk was probably the nicest person I've ever encountered working at a hotel. She always had a smile and was so pleasant, helpful, and understanding. Thank you Nique!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that you cancelled your reservation. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Girard, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We have stayed here several times. We like to travel to the Easton shopping area a lot and usually stay for two nights. We feel it it is a decent place to stay without a high price. We have never had any trouble with staff..checking in..being overcharged..or anything like that. My one suggestion is just to get much better ventilation in the bathroom. It is so hot and steamy in there after someone showers, it's impossible to get your makeup and hair done without being wilted.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
"Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Very good stay for budget business travellers, the place and nice and cozy. The facilities inside the the hotel room are very good u have a full kitchenette
Wi fi is paid but the speed is awesome. The location is very good its walking distance to Walmart, Subway and other shopping places or 5 to 10 mins drive to other Easton Markets

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

The level of proffesionalism that one would expect from a place that is supposed to accomodate people short or long term does not seem to be a key component to their business model. My wife had a conference to attend we chose this hotel because of the location, price and the images on the website appeared to be a nice place. When she arrived they comfirmed her reservation aknowleging the request for "Non Smoking" when she went in to the room she got a smoking room that had terrible smell. The front desk clerk told her it was supposed to be a non smoking room and that she did not have any other non smoking rooms so she would have to sleep in it. Next the shower courtain was mouldy and nasty. The bed linens appeared to not havebeen replaced in several years. The worst part is what follows. There was a fire alarm that sounded at 2 am the guest were all wondering if they should get out or if it was a false alarm. Well not knowing everyone evacuated as they heard the fire engines pulling up. The hotel managment was not to be found. They were not present and no anouncements were made about anything. The firemen told people when it was safe to go back inside. No hotel emplyees were present at all during the 2 hour event. so it is back to bed at 4 am. The next afternoon when she attempted to see if they would give her a non smoking room they denied that she had a non smoking reservation and told her that all non smiking rooms were booked and they did not offer a solution. She asked for a refund of the night that was coming and they denied that aswell. Not even partial. Then we called orbitz the booking company and they called the front desk for us and the front desk told orbitz that there was no fire and that she did not have a non smoking reservation. My wife had to stay at a friends house and sleep on her couch! Orbitz gave us $50 credit. But the hotel behaved in the worst manner I could ever imagine. Please do your self a favor and warn others and keep your self away!! This Place SUCKS!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, November 14, 2010
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

This hotel was, by far, one of my worst experiences. It's hard to think of one good thing, except it was nice to have a fridge and mini stove in the room.

I was only there for one night and couldn't be more disappointed. (My colleague stayed there the night before and was also very disappointed.)

Examples of the poor service I encountered include:
- I had to call several times and waited a long while before someone answered the phone to even make the reservation ...guess that should have been my warning sign not to stay there.
- I had to call the front desk 3 times before getting through!
- The concierge was wearing a hair net with product/curlers apparently doing her hair in the middle of her shift while I was trying to get some assistance! (This was around dinner time)
-The internet charge was $4.99 a night and they (accidentally) charged me twice.
- They failed to document my colleague's payment from the night before and charged me for BOTH nights! They obviously don't keep track of payments very well.

Additionally:
- Forget about getting much sleep. I understand it was Friday night, but clearly someone was throwing a loud party in their hotel room and the hotel did nothing to quiet them.
- The bathroom seemed clean enough, but don't think about walking around the carpet barefoot. I don't know what crumbs I was stepping on, but I put my socks/shoes on immediately.
- Each double bed only had one pillow case! There were two pillows on each bed, yet one of the pillows (one EACH bed) did not have a pillow case. The pillows were also sweat stained.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

DuBois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This hotel has everything we need.It's always clean and well maintained. The staff here are the best we've ever had.They're friendly and take care of our needs while we're there. The price is the best for the area and that's why we always stay at Extended Stay Hotel in Columbus.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton? Share your experiences!