“This experience not as good as the last” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #90 of 140 hotels in Columbus
St. Paris, OH
“This experience not as good as the last”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is our second time staying at this property and I was disappointed this time. Tried to check in a bit early (2 pm) and our room still wasn't ready at 4:30 when we had to leave to attend an event. Perhaps I just don't recall these issues last time but there was no shampoo, conditioner, lotions or hair dryer in our room. The room wasn't as clean as I expected. We'll probably choose someplace different next year! Also couldn't regulate the room temperature which meant sleepless nights constantly getting up to turn the air/heat on and off. Bed was comfortable though and like having the full kitchen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Sherrilynk,

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of amenities at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Coldwater, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My non smoking room had a heavy smell of smoke. I informed the front desk and was told most of the rooms smelled that way!! The bedroom floor was dirty with a used tissue and a lighter under the bed. The kitchen area had debris on the counter.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear RobertN,

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

From the second I walked in the door I was greeted with smiles and open arms. Teresa and Lori were at the front desk and instantly welcomed me, knew who I was and had everything ready for me. We shared funny stories, had a few good laughs and I proceeded to my room.

Throughout my stay there I was greeted with nothing but polite, professional and friendly staff and a nice, clean room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Worthington. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors; it is great to hear of the efforts of Teresa, Lori and the entire staff.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice honest people. Great place to stay. While staying in Worthington OH we lost a ring. During our stay we changed rooms from a non-smoking room to a smoking room. While in the first room we apparently lost the ring but didn't worry about it since we didn't know where it was actually lost. The next day after switching rooms we recieved a call from the front desk that a ring had been found in our old room. We went down to identify the ring & it was ours. The honest thing about this is we never brought it to the attention of the hotel since we didn't know for sure where the ring was lost! Great honest people are hard to find & we really appreciate the employees at this location.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Columbus - Worthington. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I am so delighted to hear we were able to locate and put your ring back in your possession. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all the kind words.
New Albany, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have never experienced an "extended stay" hotel before. The front desk staff was very gracious and the room was clean! The amenities were a plus (hardwood floors in the kitchenette and bathroom) the bed was comfortable and I was pleased. The one setback was there were only two pillows instead of four on the bed which is just a personal quirk of mine not of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Stacy,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your recent stay at our Columbus Worthington property. It is a delight to read your comments being your first experience with Extended Stay America. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. You mentioned your preference of having additional pillows. Great news, Extended Stay America is currently undergoing several upgrades to our hotels that include new beds, new bedding, adding additional pillows, and upgrade to guestroom lighting. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to the Columbus area. Thanks again!
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This Extended Stay is an exceptional value for the money. It was clean comfortable, courteous, convenient and well managed. The location is great for restaurants yet quiet. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. It’s great to be able to prepare your own food and not have to eat out all the time. The bed mattresses are really good. We will go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, August 27, 2012

Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The desk clerk on duty that nice was friendly; the good news ends there.
I stayed at the Extended Stay on Friday, June 29. When I arrived, it was just after 3:00 - the time listed as check-in time - but my room was not ready. The clerk apologized, then after waiting for about 15 minutes, he offered me a room that he said had a broken closet. Since I had no need for any kind of closet, I took the room, room 118.
It wasn't just the closet. To start, I counted two cigarette holes in the comforter; pulling back the comforter revealed at least three cigarette holes in the blanket. In addition, the sheets were thin and old. There were also a couple of stains on the nightstand, and rust in the drain of the sink.
Now, I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but this is unacceptable at any price point. The closet was indeed broken - a couple of the bars looked like they had been ripped from the wall - but that was not the problem. There is something WRONG about spending money to sleep in a bed with holes in the bedding.
True, I did not ask for a different room or new bedding, but then again, I shouldn't have to. I paid just north of 50 bucks for the room on Hotwire, but I won't do it again: There are better options in the C-bus area...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. I recognize the issues you have brought to my attention with the cigarette burns, carpet stains, broken closet, and the rust in the sink drain and discussed it with hotel staff and management to prevent from reoccurring.

Although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope that you would allow us a another opportunity to give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington? Share your experiences!