“Great Location for Business Traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #94 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Location for Business Traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have stayed at this location consistently since 2010. Usually my stays are one month plus during the summer months. Clean, Quiet & great for Columbus business work. I have stayed at this location 100 nights + with 0 problems...

Room Tip: Bottom Floor rooms are convenient & quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dave,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Columbus - Worthington. Whenever I read comments from a valued guest it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that during your stays since 2010. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to continue to have you as our guest during your upcoming travels. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had no problem with check-in, and the room was clean as as expected. While I can forgive not providing a hair dryer (although there was an iron and ironing board), I was very surprised that no shampoo or conditioner was provided. There were only two pillows on the queen size bed; most places provide 4. The A/C worked well, and there was plenty of hot water with good pressure. The microwave was only 700 watts, but scorched my bag of microwave popcorn using the pre-programmed button for the correct size bag, so you should keep an eye on it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Columbus - Worthington. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Willoughby, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay. When we got there, the girl from the front desk was outside smoking and talking on her cell phone. We had some trouble checking in ( that was not the hotels fault though) and had to wait almost a half hour to be able to check in. We left to go get something to eat while we waited and when we got back, the girl was outside smoking and talking on her cell again.

When we got up to the room, the air condition was not on and it was super hot in the room. The beds were rock hard. My friend tried to bounce on them and they barely even moved. There was what looked like a small blood stain on the bed sheet. After about four hours, the room was still really hot. The air condition was obviously not working right. I would like to point out though that when I woke up the next morning the room was freezing. So at one point during the night it seemed the air conditioning actually kicked in and started working. The room was overall clean though. There were a couple places that it seemed the workers were just too lazy to clean. For example, it looked like there was either a chocolate stain or brown nail polish on the heater.

I had to run out to the car at one point and again the girl from the front desk was outside smoking and talking on her cell phone, while inside there was someone sitting in the lobby waiting for help. I just wouldn't recommend staying in this hotel, especially for more than one day. I have stayed in cheaper hotels that were more comfortable than this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Worthington. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Killeen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

The staff is rude and VERY unproffessional. We had an extremely bad experience here and would not reccommend for anyone to stay here. We had a very expensive item stolen out of our room and when we called the front dest to report the situation the man working at the front desk basically acted like it was no big deal and there was nothing that we could do about it. He did not offer us any kind of solution to figure out the issue. I had to ask him if they had cameras, which he stated "no", which in my mind, what kind of respectable "extended stay" does not have cameras? After we told him that we were going to call the police to make a report is when he told us that we needed to get off the property. So, we waited for the Police to arrive outside in the cold. What kind of Customer Service is that. We were dumfounded by this. We have never been treated so horrible. We asked the maid if she had noticed anyone on our floor and she stated that she had not and her exact quote was "oh, yeah we have thefts happen ALL the time and our cars even get broken into in the parking lot". We finally got in touch with the Hotel Manager a few days later and his exact quote was "we never have any issues or theft or any problems for that matter and the police never get called out here". HMM.

So basically we got nothing resolved in the matter and the Hotel Manager was rude and basically did not want to hear that maybe one of his staff members may have been in the wrong. Instead he defended his employee and the way that he had treated us. No resolution was offered to solve the matter and make us feel better about the situation. We have never dealt with a business that treated their guests so badly before. We will NEVER stay at any hotel that is tied in with the Extended Stay Suites again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

To begin with something got messed up with our reservation, so we ended up with one bed for four people. Trying to make a change was a nightmare because the desk is essentially closed after 11pm. The room smelled of bacon and the carpet was dirty. Since we had to leave we needed to make other arrangements. That's when I became angry at the 4.99 charge for wireless internet access. It makes no sense in 2010 for a hotel to charge for WiFi! You can get free WiFi at McDonald's for gosh sakes! In the end we left without staying even though were charged for the first night, and it woould take 2 weeks to refund the other two nights of our reservation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus - Worthington. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

On the plus side this hotel was easy to find and had a lot of dinning options close by and the rooms had a very comfortable decor.

On the down side you should be aware that standard daily cleaning services are not included or offered for stays less than 5 nights ie no clean towels or bedsheets- basically you have to pay extra to have anyone come to the room. Also I was really frustrated because the night staff refused to give us extra pillows, the fist night we asked i thought maybe the clerk was just odd, but when we were turned down again the next night by a different person i was pretty mad. There two of us staying in a room with a single bed and two pillows, i don't think that providing folks with more than a pillow a piece is asking too much. My last complaint was that the silverware and coffee pot in our kitchenette were filthy. There was dried food and somesort of fuzz on much of the silverware and the coffeepot still had coffee left in it from the previous guests.

Stayed July 2007
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

I stayed 3 nights (8/18 - 8/21) at this hotel. Overall, very good stay. Room was clean and fairly quiet, would have appreciated more TV channels. AC worked great, much appreciated on a hot weekend. Hotel is located in an upscale commercial park type of area, several assorted businesses and restaurants nearby. I would be happy to stay here again, and plan to do so for my next trip to this area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington? Share your experiences!