“Proceed with caution” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #115 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Proceed with caution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Let me start by saying this is a two-star property, so expectations should be limited. However, on the night we stayed, it was the only place available within an hour of the airport. So we shelled out $175/night plus tax for a room. Actually we got two rooms, so we paid $350 for the experience. The area around the hotel is sketchy at best, I would not recommend venturing out after dark, and there is nothing close by anyway. The rooms are what you would expect at a 2-star property: older furnishings, old TV, no alarm clock or clock of any kind. The sheets were clean, but very worn, same with the towels in the bathroom. The main problem we had was the hot water was brown, no matter how long we ran it. The cold came out clean, but not the hot. Needless to say, we skipped showering. Also, in one of the rooms, the window had been opened at some point before our arrival and rain had come in, soaking the carpet. Finally, I had prepaid for this stay through an OTA. Upon arrival I confirmed with the front desk that the rooms were paid for. However, they still charged my credit card for another night, which necessitated two calls to get that corrected. Overall, other that brown water, the place was clean. Stay here if you must, as we did, but don't make it a destination.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Powell, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have done some pretty stupid things in my life but this by far was the dumbest decision by booking one night stay at this place. I will start off talking about the waterpark first - I will say that the water park is fairly nice and my kids always enjoy it. I usually just go to Fort Rapids for waterpark only I have never stayed the night here (and won't ever again). I was a bit frustrated that the waterpark was out of pizza - they stated I had to go to the inside bar. I go inside and said so is your pizza any different in here since they are out at the pool she said no it's the same pizza and they are just too lazy to come in and get more to take back. Seriously?! So I have to leave my kids in the waterpark to come get pizza, wait 15 minutes in the bar for my pizza then to go back. Ridiculous - so disappointed. This was my first bad experience at the waterpark. As far as the room -I cannot believe I paid $180 for a night in this hole in the wall. They should be ashamed of themselves for even charging this - how dumb was I to think when they said that I was getting a room with a king bed and bunk beds to expect something like Great Wolf Lodge - a big NOT! The room was disgusting - If I could have left I would have but every single hotel within 40 minutes of Columbus was sold out due to Rock on the Range. Look at the pictures I have attached - does this look like something you would see in a $189 room plus tax and mind you that didn't even include our waterpark passes which I thought came with the room - another dumb mistake. I don't know how the hotel part stays in business. Seriously no joke a room at the Red Roof, Super 8 would have been nicer than this and oh the front desk doesn't care either - they are just as useless of help as the people in the pool snack bar. Awful experience.... I really didn't even want to give this a "1" - where is the negative ratings?!?! Look at my past reviews at other places - not many are bad reviews and I am a creditable reviewer. Save your money go somewhere else! You all should give me back my money - moving on to every place I can give a review... yelp, yellow pages. People need to be aware of this place - I am sure we will be reading in the paper soon about this hotel having some kind of bugs or mold.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We apologize that the layout and cleanliness of the room was sub par. This is not the standard at our facility, and I truly apologize that you were subjected to this. While we are not able to offer refunds on our product, I would be more than happy to come to a resolution if you were to contact us directly. Please find my information below, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I found my stay to be comfortable, clean,accommodating and with friendly staff. Not sure of the complaints you read my room was fine the water park was closed cause it was a weekday. Will bring my family back to enjoy the arcade and water park... note everything is closed during the week.....

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I am truly happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our great weekday pricing, and experience and comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon!

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Caution! If you are going to use a groupon they won't let you check into your room until 7:00 pm at night!!!!! Shame on them!!!!! IF not you can check in at 3:00pm. When I asked about it they said that it was groupons rules which is a lie! I use groupon myself at work and you make up the rules and regulations for your ad NOT them.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback to us. You are correct that the time for Groupon Customers is 7pm. This check in time is listed on the Groupon Website, and is also available for review on the confirmation email that is provided. We apologize if this check in time caused any inconvenience for you and your family.

Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place would NOT stay open. It needs total updating in the rooms. The people working there could careless. They must just hear complaint after complaint and just dont care. Its too bad. Go for the water slides, but dont expect anything fancy as far as the room goes.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We take our guests' satisfaction very seriously. I would like to speak with you directly regarding any concerns that you may have had during your stay with us. Please reach out to me directly at your convenience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First off a lot of hidden fees.half the workers have no uniforms so you don't know who works here if you need help.Rooms suck.bees are flying over every entrance.very disappointed and very expensive.feels like a low budget hotel.Redroof Inn is a lot nicer than this place.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. All fees are listed on our website, and are provided for review upon the time of reservation. Each department has its own uniform, or is assigned as business casual. We do this so that our guests will be able to differentiate between different departments. Our Front Desk Staff and Management wear Suit at tie, Arcade and Bar staff wear blue, and our Housekeeping staff wear Green. I apologize if there was any confusion and difficulty finding a staff member. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any additional concerns you would like to address.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Yesterday I took my family to the Waterpark for our anniversary we had a blast but I seen at least 10 or more COCKROACHES one almost got in my chicken tenders I ordered from there they were more in the bathrooms and locker room area but did see some out by the pool it's very disgusting it was really hard to fully enjoy myself wondering if one was going to get in our stuff others have told us about the cockroaches before we went so we were already on the lookout just make sure you check your stuff throughly if they had that under control it's a great place to go!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Jack D, Guest Relations Staff at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our business. Providing the best service and hospitality has been our top mission. A hotel's cleanliness is important to us; our employees are doing hard work to maintain a clean, safe environment in the hotel. We have a high standard criterion for a cleanliness. We are glad to help our customers to solve any problems. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Jack dus
Guest Relations Staff

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!