“Do not stay over night here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #115 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Powell, Ohio
“Do not stay over night here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I have done some pretty stupid things in my life but this by far was the dumbest decision by booking one night stay at this place. I will start off talking about the waterpark first - I will say that the water park is fairly nice and my kids always enjoy it. I usually just go to Fort Rapids for waterpark only I have never stayed the night here (and won't ever again). I was a bit frustrated that the waterpark was out of pizza - they stated I had to go to the inside bar. I go inside and said so is your pizza any different in here since they are out at the pool she said no it's the same pizza and they are just too lazy to come in and get more to take back. Seriously?! So I have to leave my kids in the waterpark to come get pizza, wait 15 minutes in the bar for my pizza then to go back. Ridiculous - so disappointed. This was my first bad experience at the waterpark. As far as the room -I cannot believe I paid $180 for a night in this hole in the wall. They should be ashamed of themselves for even charging this - how dumb was I to think when they said that I was getting a room with a king bed and bunk beds to expect something like Great Wolf Lodge - a big NOT! The room was disgusting - If I could have left I would have but every single hotel within 40 minutes of Columbus was sold out due to Rock on the Range. Look at the pictures I have attached - does this look like something you would see in a $189 room plus tax and mind you that didn't even include our waterpark passes which I thought came with the room - another dumb mistake. I don't know how the hotel part stays in business. Seriously no joke a room at the Red Roof, Super 8 would have been nicer than this and oh the front desk doesn't care either - they are just as useless of help as the people in the pool snack bar. Awful experience.... I really didn't even want to give this a "1" - where is the negative ratings?!?! Look at my past reviews at other places - not many are bad reviews and I am a creditable reviewer. Save your money go somewhere else! You all should give me back my money - moving on to every place I can give a review... yelp, yellow pages. People need to be aware of this place - I am sure we will be reading in the paper soon about this hotel having some kind of bugs or mold.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Caution! If you are going to use a groupon they won't let you check into your room until 7:00 pm at night!!!!! Shame on them!!!!! IF not you can check in at 3:00pm. When I asked about it they said that it was groupons rules which is a lie! I use groupon myself at work and you make up the rules and regulations for your ad NOT them.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place would NOT stay open. It needs total updating in the rooms. The people working there could careless. They must just hear complaint after complaint and just dont care. Its too bad. Go for the water slides, but dont expect anything fancy as far as the room goes.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First off a lot of hidden fees.half the workers have no uniforms so you don't know who works here if you need help.Rooms suck.bees are flying over every entrance.very disappointed and very expensive.feels like a low budget hotel.Redroof Inn is a lot nicer than this place.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Yesterday I took my family to the Waterpark for our anniversary we had a blast but I seen at least 10 or more COCKROACHES one almost got in my chicken tenders I ordered from there they were more in the bathrooms and locker room area but did see some out by the pool it's very disgusting it was really hard to fully enjoy myself wondering if one was going to get in our stuff others have told us about the cockroaches before we went so we were already on the lookout just make sure you check your stuff throughly if they had that under control it's a great place to go!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The kids had a blast between the waterpark and arcade. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we were in the waterpark we decided to get a pizza. It was very good and loved we didn't have to leave. We will definitely make the trip again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed overnight at the hotel because I was meeting a group there for a bachlorette party. The hotel's General appearance is a little dated and worn. Definitely could use a little maintenance. The cow hide pattern wallpaper in the room's bathroom was a bit tacky. Not many outlets to plug in a phone. I will say that the bar had good food and friendly staff. The lifeguards on duty at the water park were great at keeping an eye on the guests even in the crowded conditions....thumbs up too them! Definitely a place for family if you don't mind the lack of attention to detail to the rooms

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!