“If it weren't for the nice indoor waterpark” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #115 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Toledo, Ohio
“If it weren't for the nice indoor waterpark”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This place would NOT stay open. It needs total updating in the rooms. The people working there could careless. They must just hear complaint after complaint and just dont care. Its too bad. Go for the water slides, but dont expect anything fancy as far as the room goes.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

First off a lot of hidden fees.half the workers have no uniforms so you don't know who works here if you need help.Rooms suck.bees are flying over every entrance.very disappointed and very expensive.feels like a low budget hotel.Redroof Inn is a lot nicer than this place.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Yesterday I took my family to the Waterpark for our anniversary we had a blast but I seen at least 10 or more COCKROACHES one almost got in my chicken tenders I ordered from there they were more in the bathrooms and locker room area but did see some out by the pool it's very disgusting it was really hard to fully enjoy myself wondering if one was going to get in our stuff others have told us about the cockroaches before we went so we were already on the lookout just make sure you check your stuff throughly if they had that under control it's a great place to go!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The kids had a blast between the waterpark and arcade. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we were in the waterpark we decided to get a pizza. It was very good and loved we didn't have to leave. We will definitely make the trip again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed overnight at the hotel because I was meeting a group there for a bachlorette party. The hotel's General appearance is a little dated and worn. Definitely could use a little maintenance. The cow hide pattern wallpaper in the room's bathroom was a bit tacky. Not many outlets to plug in a phone. I will say that the bar had good food and friendly staff. The lifeguards on duty at the water park were great at keeping an eye on the guests even in the crowded conditions....thumbs up too them! Definitely a place for family if you don't mind the lack of attention to detail to the rooms

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Kettering, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don’t know where to even start here….

We arrived at the hotel/water park about 2:00 pm. The grounds are horribly not kept up. Trash can be seen everywhere on the premises (see pictures). Not only that – there were many boards in multiple areas lying around with nails sticking up (see pictures). Cars were lined up in the fire lane as there was no other parking.

After waiting in line for 40 minutes to ‘check in’, I was informed that our room was not ready. As check in was not until 4:00 (and based on reviews), I was not overly surprised. We were given waterpark passes with little else detail except to come back at 4:00 for room keys. We stopped by the restroom and were appalled. Not a single one of the stalls had toilet paper in the holders. A few had some laying on the ground and sitting on the back of the toilet (where it got sprayed by water when the toilet flushes). The toilet seats all had various broken issues. The bathroom counters were disgusting and most of the faucets were broken (see pictures).

I should have left then, but figured I would make a decision when I saw our room. We had already paid and perhaps it would get better. I took the kids to the arcade to play while we waited for the rest of our group to show up.

At 3:30, I noticed the line was even longer than before. We got in line immediately. After close to two hours in line, I was informed our room was still not ready. Groupon has fine print that check in is not until 7:00 pm. I was not informed of this the first time I checked in. As I had already spent 2 hours and 40 minutes of my day waiting in their line, and looking at the line behind me – that had gotten even longer – I tried everything to get a room. Trying to work with them I offered to buy an upgraded room that was ready. There were none. I asked if I could schedule our visit for another time and was told I could not. I asked to speak to a manager and was informed a manager was not available.

The gentleman next to me was frustrated, and when the door behind the desk opened – he yelled back asking the manager to come address everyone. The manager walked out; told the gentleman he needed to leave because he was being aggressive. The gentleman explained he was frustrated that he had spent so much time in line and could not get answers on his room. The manager promptly picked up the phone and called the police.

We left and paid for another hotel. Complete waste of money. The worst customer service, zero management, poorly kept property with safety issues. I do not recommend.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Indianapolis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I made a reservation for this hotel with Expedia. Expedia offered to pay at the hotel for a rate of $210 for one night. Insane price, but my son loves waterparks so I made the reservation. A full refund was offered by Expedia if I cancelled within the time indicated. Not only did the hotel itself charge me for the full night the very next day of my reservation, they charged me $240. Upset that they charged me upfront when Expedia advertised that they wouldn't, I cancelled. I was then charged a $25 fee. No where on the Expedia website did it indicate that there was a fee for cancellation. I received an email stating that I would receive the refund in full. When questioning the staff at the hotel, they were rude, dismissive and told me that Expedia will not charge, but they sure will at the rate they want to charge as soon as they receive the credit card info. BEWARE booking with them unless you are prepared for them unless you do it direct through their website.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!