“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #115 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. The kids had a blast between the waterpark and arcade. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we were in the waterpark we decided to get a pizza. It was very good and loved we didn't have to leave. We will definitely make the trip again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed overnight at the hotel because I was meeting a group there for a bachlorette party. The hotel's General appearance is a little dated and worn. Definitely could use a little maintenance. The cow hide pattern wallpaper in the room's bathroom was a bit tacky. Not many outlets to plug in a phone. I will say that the bar had good food and friendly staff. The lifeguards on duty at the water park were great at keeping an eye on the guests even in the crowded conditions....thumbs up too them! Definitely a place for family if you don't mind the lack of attention to detail to the rooms

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Kettering, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don’t know where to even start here….

We arrived at the hotel/water park about 2:00 pm. The grounds are horribly not kept up. Trash can be seen everywhere on the premises (see pictures). Not only that – there were many boards in multiple areas lying around with nails sticking up (see pictures). Cars were lined up in the fire lane as there was no other parking.

After waiting in line for 40 minutes to ‘check in’, I was informed that our room was not ready. As check in was not until 4:00 (and based on reviews), I was not overly surprised. We were given waterpark passes with little else detail except to come back at 4:00 for room keys. We stopped by the restroom and were appalled. Not a single one of the stalls had toilet paper in the holders. A few had some laying on the ground and sitting on the back of the toilet (where it got sprayed by water when the toilet flushes). The toilet seats all had various broken issues. The bathroom counters were disgusting and most of the faucets were broken (see pictures).

I should have left then, but figured I would make a decision when I saw our room. We had already paid and perhaps it would get better. I took the kids to the arcade to play while we waited for the rest of our group to show up.

At 3:30, I noticed the line was even longer than before. We got in line immediately. After close to two hours in line, I was informed our room was still not ready. Groupon has fine print that check in is not until 7:00 pm. I was not informed of this the first time I checked in. As I had already spent 2 hours and 40 minutes of my day waiting in their line, and looking at the line behind me – that had gotten even longer – I tried everything to get a room. Trying to work with them I offered to buy an upgraded room that was ready. There were none. I asked if I could schedule our visit for another time and was told I could not. I asked to speak to a manager and was informed a manager was not available.

The gentleman next to me was frustrated, and when the door behind the desk opened – he yelled back asking the manager to come address everyone. The manager walked out; told the gentleman he needed to leave because he was being aggressive. The gentleman explained he was frustrated that he had spent so much time in line and could not get answers on his room. The manager promptly picked up the phone and called the police.

We left and paid for another hotel. Complete waste of money. The worst customer service, zero management, poorly kept property with safety issues. I do not recommend.

Indianapolis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I made a reservation for this hotel with Expedia. Expedia offered to pay at the hotel for a rate of $210 for one night. Insane price, but my son loves waterparks so I made the reservation. A full refund was offered by Expedia if I cancelled within the time indicated. Not only did the hotel itself charge me for the full night the very next day of my reservation, they charged me $240. Upset that they charged me upfront when Expedia advertised that they wouldn't, I cancelled. I was then charged a $25 fee. No where on the Expedia website did it indicate that there was a fee for cancellation. I received an email stating that I would receive the refund in full. When questioning the staff at the hotel, they were rude, dismissive and told me that Expedia will not charge, but they sure will at the rate they want to charge as soon as they receive the credit card info. BEWARE booking with them unless you are prepared for them unless you do it direct through their website.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I gave my son the option of going to the movies or the water park. He picked the waterpark of course... Doing research and having been to great wolf lodge and kalahari, I wasnt looking into spending a fortune for a night trip. I found this place online and thought it was decent looking and reasonably priced. After booking the night I went back and read the reviews. There was nothing positive to from what I read. I was very hesitant before we arrived. Upon arrival the front desk service was very nice. We did arrive before check in so we were not able to get our room, but we did get our passes for the water park. The water park was fun and and we all had a blast!! When it was time for is to go up to the room I will say that the rooms did need some updating, but the boys did enjoy the private little bunk area. It was a western theme. I ordered the staycation package which included a pizza, pop, gaming card, and dirt for gold mining. The kids did have fun in the game room. I can safely say I was able to sit back and relax. The lifeguards were definitely on top of there game! Everything was open and we picked a good weekend to come, it was not overly packed. I would recommend this place if you are not looking to spend 400$ for the night!! And still looking to have a great time!!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So, I purchased a Groupon based only on the deal presented. Then I started reading the reviews. I immediately wanted to get my money back, but decided to go along with our original plans. We are a family of 4 and have been to Kalahari and Great Wolf in the Sandusky area. If you are using this as an alternative to Kalahari, don't go. If you are looking for modern ammenities, don't go. If you get a deal and just want the kids to have fun, then go. We did not eat at the resort at anytime. We paired it with a trip to COSI and ate at other Restaurants in Columbus. Even when we just wanted pizza after the water park, Donato's was a 5 minute drive from this location. We used Macdonald's for breakfast (5 mins away), and plenty of other eating options just 5 minutes away.

Pros: smaller crowds, so shorter lines, karoake, dancing and a movie each night. pool was well supervised and the staff in the waterpark area were very nice. Game room and gift shop were handy. They have a bar . . . alcohol can always help out a bad situation.

Cons: old dirty carpet, old dirty furniture, old fixtures, grounds poorly maintained, front desk staff rude and easily annoyed, management team ineffective and invisible. Waterpark concrete floor with old chewing gum on the ground because regular deep cleaning does not happen. I saw some sweeping while there, but nothing else. Tower rooms have thin walls and doors need to be replaced. My key had to be recoded each day. Room entry door needed replaced. Deadbolt worked fine, but the top safety was looser than it should have been. Doors had chips and cracks. Our window blind had a tear that was about 3 feet long. Bathroom fixtures had water rust and tiles were missing. Waterpark only open from 2p - 9p.

It has the "bones" to be a great destination, just needs ownership to invest in a deep clean and invest in some renovations. We were in the tower and our room was clean, but just old and worn. We bought some Febreze to eliminate the staleness of the room.

I called this place twice before travelling to attempt to talk with a manager about the reviews. I wanted some assurance that I was not walking into a bad experience. Even though, I left a message 2 and 3 days before my planned arrival, I never got a call back from the guest services group.

So we would not return to this facility, unless we received word that the place recieved a full facelift and the front desk staff were better trained in the basic concept of customer service. My advice is if this is the only Waterpark, you have access to, then walk in with your eyes wide open and just bank on your kids enjoying it. Otherwise, go elsewhere or at minimum, sleep elsewhere and just purchase the waterpark passes.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere in Columbus and come to the Waterpark just to play.
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here in April 2015 - my mother, my daughter, and I. Our room was small and the walls were paper thin! The top sheet on one of the beds was yellowed and had burn marks on it. The bathroom sink did not turn off completely, leaving us to listen to a slow trickle of water all night. The bathroom door knob was sticky and covered in some sort of film, the floor of the bathroom was soiled, the shower/tub had mold growing in the grout lines. There were several chips and nicks in the walls.
With one person ahead of us in line to check in, we expected a pretty quick check in process. It took over 20 minutes! During that time, 3 men in business suits kept walking by behind the counter - I am assuming they were "management" but they never once acknowledged us or offered to get us checked in. The lobby did look nice.
The waterpark itself consists of 2 larger water slides, 1 toiletbowl style slide, 4 mat slides that you can race down on your stomach, a lazy river, a toddler splash area and a bigger kid splash area with dumping bucket/slides/climbers. The lifeguards were attentive. The steps going up to the slides were covered in gum...yes, gum. Ick!!! Check the waterpark hours for the days you will be visiting - they did not open until 1:00 on the day we arrived.
The little store in the hotel had Krsipy Kreme doughnuts and that was the hiughlight of this place! They also had lunchbox size bags of cheetos for sale for $2 each, so they were a little overpriced.
We were so appalled by the conditions of our room (and other things) that we wanted to find another hotel, but there was a no refund policy, so we stayed and hoped we wouldn't bring home some weird cooties...
I say stay clear of this place!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!