“NEVER AGAIN” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #107 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Our entire experience was terrible. First, we paid to have early check in at 11:00am because we have a 1 year old who naps in the afternoon. We arrive at 11 to check in and our room isn't ready and will not be ready until "at least 1 or 2." So, we stated wanted the early check in fee refunded. Which was responded by we could not check in until 4. We returned at 130 and our room still wasn't ready, however they reluctantly gave us a differnt room. The TVs in the room were 24" 1990s Zenith TVs. We closed the bedroom door at night and apparently there is only heat in the living room, which made the bedroom temperature in the 50s when we woke up. We were told by management "there is probably a window heater." There was not one in either bedroom. Once we received our bill, it was $20 more than our original booking receipt. When we asked management about this their response was "I hate to say this but it's in the fine print that not all hotel fees are included in that price." Overall, terrible customer service and okay rooms (if you stay in the summer where it would be warm). The waterpark was decent, pretty cold water. I would recommend staying elsewhere and buying waterpark passes. We will absolutely not return.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I read at least 53 reviews and was freaked out upon my visit at Fort Rapids over the weekend of Friday the 20th till the 22nd. The ones who wrote bad reviews must be hard to please, don't know how to plan ahead, must, living the life lol, or prissy. First off its a water park. Would towels to a pool? Yes so bring some towels although on Friday they were fine with there own supplies of towels to offer. Saturday was a Lil more busy therefore we had to use are own towels. People were complaining about the wait for check out. That wait was not to bad no more normal then any other wait to get in some were when there's more than 5 people. People were complaining about the chlorine smell. Really? Its inside with warm air it is going to smell however it's not like everyone else is making it out to be. Water temperature for the slides, pool and jacuzzi were fine. The children's area definitely could have been a Lil warmer however with the temp in there made it doable. People were complaining about the price of food in the park. Of course its going to cost more for convenience go to the bar there's 5 combinations for like 6 bucks a peace. Yes the place is ran by teenagers however I think its great! They give off a cool happy vibe, and they all seem to take there job VERY seriously. The arcade was a arcade it was fine. Yes the Chinese n food is ridiculously expensive for me 20 a person woo. Good thing I can use a phone and order Chinese.I stayed over for 2 nights and two days. I got a very nice suite that I paid 2 days for woo priced just as high as any other place no more normal then the rest. The rooms people were complaining about the older style. Hey I like it I'm sick of all this metal n glass world keep it modern! As for the rooms items in one room a toilet clogged in the other the dryer didn't work. But in the first I just used the other toilet no biggie. Then we decided to stay again n got a better and bigger room for the same price. When I found the dryer didn't work I put the clothes on a chair n turned the fireplace on...no big deal. People just complain so here themselves speak I think. O yeah no bugs either.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ok! I read the reviews and I was scared at what we were about to encounter. First the positives. The waterpark was very clean, plenty of lifeguards, all of the slides were open, water in lazy river and water slides was warm. Kiddie area water was a little chilly but tolerable.
We ate at the seafood/ Asian buffet. It was delicious! The largest buffet in Columbus that I have found!
The arcade was a blast. All of the games were the latest models and all in working order. Plenty of prizes to choose from too! The employees working in the arcade were very nice.
The gift shop is cute. The staff was friendly.
The hotel had movie night in the lobby complete with complementary milk and cookies!
Our room had a very nice set up. The kids loved the log cabin suite. The beds were comfy and clean..... Unfortunately here is where I have to add some negative comments. One of our bathrooms had a band- aid stuck to the shower wall and another sanitary sticker from a swimsuit stuck to the sink near the trash can. How a maid could miss this, I am not sure. One of the shower/ tub cool water faucet was not working either. Outside our room near the soda machine/ ice machine there was a large pile of bedsheets. It was there for a couple of hours after we arrived.
I would return to Fort Rapids because I do think it is a fun place for the kids and the restaurants are good for kids and adults. I am not sure that I would stay overnight in the hotel though unless the maid service paid a little more attention to detail.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I go to fortrapids all the time an I never had a problem with my rooms they always been clean well I also do housekeeping so I would know if my room wasn't clean correctly an I will be returning there this weekend for my Daughter 3rd Birthday ☺☺☺

Cross Lanes, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We traveled here with another family to celebrate both of our daughter's birthdays. Huge mistake. Our room has been booked for about 4 months and we requested connecting rooms. We paid for the early check in and were given rooms 517 and 518. I asked the guy at check in if these rooms were connected and he said yes. Once we got up to the rooms they were not connected. They were across the hall from one another. I did not complain about this because we were in a hurry to check in. Once getting in our room the smell of cigarette smoke was so heavy, there was pink nail polish on the bathroom wall and the view was pretty pathetic.
We thought ok, let's make the best of this and headed down the the water park. The waterpark was very crowded which is be be expected. But what I did not expect was to have to wait for 30 minutes until we could find tubes to ride the water slides. The lifeguard told me there may be some under the steps and if there weren't that I would have to wait. Of course, none were under the steps. It seems they didn't have many tubes. We proceeded to ride the black slide once we finally got tubes and stood in line for well over 25 minutes. The water at the kiddie area was cold and hard to get used to. The chlorine smell was very strong, it gave me a headache and husband's eyes were burning.
We have been to other water parks in the past and none of these have been an issue so I don't understand what the problem is.
Myself and the other 8 people who were with us were so miserable at the waterpark after being there for about 2 hours we finally decided to leave and get pizza somewhere off site and go see a movie.
That night we all got in bed and my 13 year old was sleeping on the bottom bunk. She told me to come look at the mattress above her. There were multiple red spots on the exposed mattress right above her head. I am a nurse and it looked like dried blood in multiple areas. Disgusting! At check out we mentioned this to the man working at the desk. I told him we had a picture we took to show him and he refused to look at it. He tried to say it must have been juice. I politely told him I was a nurse and I know what blood looked like and it was 99.9% blood. He didn't offer any apologies for this. He wrote it down on a maintenance form and stacked it in a pile with several others.
If you want to have some nice, clean, family fun my suggestion is to avoid this place! It's disgusting!

• Stayed March 2015
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I reserved a room at this water park mostly because they advertised that the water park was an 84 Degree climate all year round and the water park would be open until 9:00 that day of my arrival, and that the rooms came with Games packages for the kids. Upon arrival there was a sign in the lobby indicating the park closed @ 5:30 that day due to a private party- Check in time for the rooms is not even until 4:00- it did indicate that the park could be utilized starting at 1:00, BUT no where on the web site did it indicate that the park could be closed for private parties. Needless to say we could only utilize the park for about 1 1/2 hours due to this. Plus the temp in the water park was not 84 everyone was walking around shivering. My grandson’s lips were blue. The cold air was coming in thru the side doors which were covered in ice. When I asked why it was so cold there was no reason and I was told it i was cold to wrap up in a towel. It’s pretty sad when a 4 year old tells you “I’m done with this place”.
Since the water park was no longer an option we went to our room to play the “On TV games”, when I couldn’t figure out how to get this to work I picked up the phone to call the front desk, but the phone didn’t work at all. So I went to the front desk to ask how to get the TV games to work and was told “they don’t”. Period nothing else was said.
Upon my check out I indicated I wanted to file a complaint, the front desk clerk had to go search for a blank form.. I wonder why. Upon completing the form she told me I would be contacted within 24 hours. When I wasn’t contacted I called and asked to speak to a manager and was transferred twice to a voice mail. The manager’s message indicated he would return calls within 4 hours. He has not done that. Some of my complaints were listed above.
Others are:
I had to pull the fridge out in order to plug in the coffee maker
I couldn’t look out my 8 th floor window without scraping the ¼ inch thick ice off the windows.
To top it all off I was in a room right by the elevators where there was noise all night long.

The web site states “enjoy your stay in comfort and style”. That was not my experience. I filed a complaint with the BBB and Fort Rapids never responded to the complaint. They have 30 unanswered complaints- some of them are more severe than my complaint. I don't believe a company should be able to do wrong and not even have the decency to respond to my call nor to the BBB.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on ANY room-its not worth it. Will never stay here again.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1) difficult to find once off the highway
2) the rooms were run down, miss matching furniture
3) pull out sofa sleepers looked as if it came from a frat houses from OSU, bring your
sleeping bag, house keeping is short on help and you will be the one going back
and forth to get sheets, towels etc.
4) good idea to bring your own food or eat off this premises. Waited 30 minutes to get
waited on another hour for the food to arrive. Their excuse, they had a new waitress
REALLY, she was the ONLY WAITRESS.
5) security is one of their biggest jokes, from 12-2 a.m. the room above ours bounced
a ball and jumped off furniture. After numerous calls to the front desk they finally
got them to quit or the parents arrived.
6) WiFi was down the entire weekend, or perhaps they find have it
7) when coming from the water park bring warm cloths, this is the coldest walk you'll
ever experience
The water park was clean and staffed, however the rest of the resort was a disgrace. Being with my grandchild made my weekend. Word of wisdom, save your money or spend it by staying at a five star hotel in Columbus instead of this run down, poorly staff resort.

Room Tip: We used GROUPON, May be that's why we got such a discussing run down room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!