“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #109 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

What a horrible experience. Had complained to the owner who happened to be walking around.i have a prostetic leg and asked for help getting up steps to enjoy the slides. Owner told me that was my issue and they have no special conditions for my handicap. I dont consider myself handicap and got offeneded. i have no idea how this place is open. Pool was cold. Food overpriced and tasted horrible. I will never go and suggest looking up north for a place. Drive isn't much further. Horrible horrible.

• Stayed March 2015

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bellefontaine, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed 1 night in the villa room 225. The room was extremely dirty. stuff spilled all over the walls. inside and outside our room. Tape was all over the walls. how ever the bathrooms were clean and the beds were clean. the villa was a nice size. The pool was very very crowded and the chlorine was very strong. we went to the gift shop and there were three young women working. the only one who was courteous was a little blond ( sorry I wish I remembered your name.) the other 2 girls were standing in the back of the counter and not offering to help anybody in a crowded area. when the blond girl asked if they would bag my purchases they never looked up but handed a bag out towards me. Like i was supposed to bag my own stuff. one of the same girls was over in koo restaurant hanging on the greeter and pulling her toward the back room. later that night we went down to the coffee shop and the other girl was running it. we purchased 2 cappachio's $7 the machine was down. so we ordered a large cofee $2 and a large hot chocolate$3 the girl behind the counter could not do the math to give me back my $2. are you Kidding me. the staff was rude. At Koo restaurant I ordered coffee and my cup was never refilled even though i held my cup up an yelled out i would like to have some more coffee. My husband had to get up and get my coffee. This is not a cheap place to eat. I think the owners need to send management to Disney school and educate the employees on customer service. It's too bad the government can't take money from you like they do the schools and hospitals.

Room Tip: I was given a number for wifi but it didnt work.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. This previous weekend we had many associates in training in order to gear up for our Spring Break Season, and this is what you experienced in the Gift Shop. I truly apologize if they came off as rude, however they are new and still learning. With the business volume at the Koo on the weekends, we appreciate your patience while all of our servers work diligently to service all of the patrons. We apologize if it took a little longer than normal for our servers to refill your coffee. We do truly appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to continually improve and reach our goal as Central Ohio's Only True Destination Resort!

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I brought the grandkids ages 10, 7 and 2 to the pool over the weekend. Had a great time at the pool. I saw several comments about the water temperature being too cold, but thought it was fine. The restaurant at the pool was horrible. Had to wait in line 45 minutes. There were only a few people working at the restaurant and couldn't possibly take care of the volume of people that the pool attracts. They ran out of footlongs at 1:00 and at 4:00 ran out of pizza. Ended up ordering pizza from Pizza Hut.
Also, the front desk couldn't check anyone in before 4:00 so we had to wait in line for 45 minutes. Horrible managed front desk, they could have checked in people early.

Room Tip: great pool - order pizza to be delivered
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We apologize for your experience regarding our concession stand. We experienced an unexpected and overwhelming volume of patrons, which led to our concessions stand temporarily having to restock some items. Our Front Desk checks in guests as long as their specific room style is available, and this is exactly what occurred. It just so happens your specific room was not ready when you arrived. Again, thank you for your feedback regarding your visit, I will make sure to address your concerns with the appropriate department managers.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Sooo....I purchased the Groupon before checking TripAdvisor. I will NEVER do that again!! Unlike most we did not have a problem checking in and yes there is a ridiculous resort fee which I was told covered the cleaning of the room!! Other than that we got right into our room and promptly hit the water park. Once in the park you can barely walk anywhere let along find a table for your stuff. 8 of us shared 1 chair for towels, bags, drinks etc. Then if you are lucky you might get to ride 1 slide that is if you are able to find a tube! The room was OK but the toilet became clogged and we called at 9:00 pm to get it taken care of. After repeated phone calls I gave up at 2am and went to bed. The food at the breakfast buffet was HORRIBLE!!! Not 1 healthy option and it was all dried out and gross. Definitely not worth the price. The service was OK but there were only 3 ladies taking care of the entire restaurant. I assume to save on labor costs so they were literally running to handle everything. Save yourself money and sanity and go somewhere else!!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent visit with us. This previous weekend our facility was completely sold out, which can cause an increase in crowds due to popular demand. We apologize if you found this crowd uncomfortable. We encourage you to visit on a day where it is less crowded if you prefer! We apologize in the delay servicing your room call, as you can imagine there were approximately 300 guests for every staff member. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. Of all Waterpark Resorts in central Ohio, our has the most inexpensive breakfast buffet. It is unfortunate that our price did not fall within your budget. With our ongoing renovations and upgrades to the property, we truly hope you will choose to visit us again in the near future!

Jackson Center, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For the price I expected more. Not to mention the additional 40$ charge when you check in? While the room we stayed in was decent, there were some things we had to call the front desk about. The light above our table was burnt out, the remote for the TV was missing, the lack of towels and bedding for the pull out bed. The long cold walk to the waterpark itself was less than thrilling. The floors felt like you were walking on ice. The lockerrooms were freezing. The water on the lazy river and slides side were acceptable but the kids pool and play area was very very cold. Our kids along with others walked around with purple mouths, teeth chattering. I didnt find the cholrine smell to be bothersome though as others had mentioned. The lifeguards always looked like they were on point, very observant. The arcade was ok, seem to be more casino type games instead of actual arcade games. We ordered a pizza from the bar, was told it would be about 30 minutes and it ended up being 1 1/2 hour. The bartender was friendly and he was helpful, but definately needed help. One person was standing there on her phone and the other was doing dishes, while people were waiting. The buffett was great lots and lots to choose from. While the concept of the resort is good and has potential, customer service and organization needs a make over.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. We do our best to ensure that every guest room is adequately stocked and functioning, however occasionally things may be askew. We apologize that this caused any inconvenience for your family. Our Waterpark is only approximately 100 feet from the time you step off the elevators. We do appreciate your candor regarding the arcade, and we do our best to feature styles of games that appeal to everyone. We have ticket & entertainment based games throughout our 5,000 sq ft arcade. We are always looking for ways to improve our structure and service, and truly thank you for your feedback as it allows us to continue to thrive!

Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good but could be better Watch out for new "resort fees" charged when you arrive! $30 minimum per day! If you bought a groupon last year, it should only be $7.50 a day. Check your bill! Not the friendliest staff. The lifeguards were good but Definitely need more up with the slides. One person yelling for all the slides. Need red & green lights at slide and more lifeguards for safety to actually have contact with the guests. They need more towels & tubes. You have to search for one when it is busy and some are very deflated. The hotel could use some upgrades. The rooms do not have a thermostat so the heater runs and shuts off a lot. Being there the coldest weekend, it seemed chilly and you could feel the cold on the floor & wall. We did not eat there because the prices seemed high. The water park was good and the chlorine was not overwhelming. Hope they improve the quality overall.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. You are correct, there is a minimum $30 resort fee applied to all reservations, and that is higher than last year's resort fee of $7.50. With rising costs, this increase is necessary. Our Lifeguards function only for safety in the Waterpark, not guest interaction. We do have numerous Front Desk associates who are always readily available to assist in any way possible and with all questions. During our busy times, there may be a slight wait for tubes and towels, just like you may wait in line for a roller coaster at a theme park. We do our best to keep the wait times to a minimum, and we ask that you be understanding while we strive to meet and exceed the needs of all of our guests. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The waterpark was freezing !! My kids where blue ,half of the stuff was shut down , there were no towels available, it was dirty, The staff was rude it was a waste of money and time when asked to talk to the manager they blow you off. Don't go there

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do apologize if you felt that the Water temperature was not to your satisfaction. It always stays between 80 and 84 degrees. Occasionally, sections of the Waterpark may be closed temporarily due to safety concerns involving other patrons of the Waterpark. We apologize if this caused any inconvenience for you, however it is required to keep all of our patrons and staff safe. Again, we truly appreciate your review and thank you for your business.

614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!