“Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #106 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Pittsburgh
“Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First let me start by saying, the water park it self is nice. It has enough slides and other pool activities for a group of 11 year old girls. BUT there are quite a few cons.....#1 some of the staff at the concession stand were very rude. As we waited in line he looked over us twice and waited on other people. We decided to leave and go get our food at the bar. Service was very SLOW! No it was not busy. Anyways, the food over all was pretty good. The first day at the water park was fine.Towards the end a couple of our girls were coughing,ok no big deal they eventually stopped. So we decided to get dinner from the bar, again not busy maybe a total of 3 people at the bar,very SLOW. We waited over an hour, and they messed up the order causing us to wait another 20 minutes..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The room we had was nice. The dryer I thought was a great idea BUT it did not work at all,towels stayed damp! The upstairs bathroom could use an update. It would take me a good 30 minutes to rinse the shampoo and soap off me, no pressure! Fix it! Ok our second day at the water park....terrible! As me and my daughter were floating in the lazy river,we both started coughing. I look around, everyone was coughing,and I mean everyone! Lifeguards had towels over there mouths and were also coughing..really kids were even getting sick. You guys say nothing is wrong? Think again. My friend who booked the place wrote a review and yinz responded that nothing was wrong with the air quality and the firetruck was there because someone got hurt on a slide. Really , ok like we believe that story! I would never ever suggest anyone go to this place.One thing I will say is the lifeguards were good. I did feel safe with my kids being there, not in my sight at all times. So stay away go to Splash Lagoon or Kalahari.Oh and the wifi was horrible too!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family stayed for two nights three days. First day was okay, second day the chlorine in the air was really thick causing guests and staff to become physically ill. Staff was walking around with towels around their faces. Children were coughing so hard they were vomiting! Third day my children and I decided to just go home for our safety and well-being. After our weekend stay my children had bug bites on their bodies. I've called hotel management four times in three days without a return phone call.

• Stayed January 2015
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. I have reviewed the chlorine levels in the Waterpark during your visit, and there were no abnormal readings. Some guests and employees are more sensitive to chlorine than other, which explains their reactions to the air. This does not necessarily mean that there is a problem, however. Feel free to reach out the number listed below if you would like to further discuss this issue.

Coraopolis, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked a weekend trip for my daughter and four of her friends. We got there, very long line to check in, only two people working the check in counter and both were very slow. Get up to the counter, can barely hear the girl because she was talking so low. Let me say, beware there is a hidden resort fee. She told me my remaining balance for the room would be over $500, according to the email confirmation I received when I made the reservation, my balance should have only been about $400. They told me there is a $50 a day resort fee, I pulled out the email and said it is nowhere on the website or the email. They then pulled out a print out of the page on the internet. (they must get this a lot because they pulled out the paper awful fast) So yes this is on the website, but it is nowhere near the reservation page or is it included in your confirmation email. So ok, this was for my daughter's birthday so I let it go. (check your bill carefully, they also tried to charge me for a breakfast upgrade I never asked for, nor did the check in lady tell me I had, they did credit it upon check out after a brief, are you sure you didn't get breakfast, I think I would remember if I did!).
So we get to the room, we stayed in a Bryce Canyon Suite. I do have to admit the room was pretty nice, the only complaints about the room, the dryer did not dry very well, and the upstairs bathroom had very little water pressure.
We go to the water park the first day. not too bad. The life guards were very attentive. At dinnertime we were going to order from the snack bar. We had a big order, the kid was like you have to go to the big kitchen, and was a little rude. I think he just didn't want to make the order. But it did end up saving me money because they have a kids menu at the bar. We ordered form the bar for dinner for both nights of our stay, very very very slow service both nights. And both nights it was not very crowded, in fact the second night it was pretty much deserted. We ordered 5 kids meals and two sandwiches and both nights it took over an hour to get our order. Make sure you check your order before you leave, both nights something was screwed up with the order and they are less then thrilled about making it right.
So the first night at the water park wasn't too bad, some of the girls I had with me were coughing a little. I didn't think too much of it, but the second night around 5:00 the place had cleared out because just about everyone in there was coughing, burning eyes, some kids were even throwing up. Even the lifeguards had their faces covered. Myself and a few other concerned parents went to a lifeguard that told us to find one with a polo shirt, they were in charge. We found one, he kept saying there is nothing wrong. We said how can you say that, there is obviously something wrong, even the lifeguards are coughing and have their faces covered. He said to me and I quote, "I can't say there is anything wrong when I can't prove there is anything wrong", he then said to go to the front desk. So i went to the front desk, there was one person working, she was checking in a family. As I was waiting patiently to talk to her behind the family, two teenage girls walk up to the counter on the other side of the family, when the family left she proceeded to wait on the teenage girls, I said excuse me I've been waiting here, the lady looked at me and said, 'what do you want?', I explained about the water park, she told me very rudely, management is working with maintenance to see if there is a problem. I said there is obviously a problem, she said if I wanted to talk about it any further I would have to go to the water park and find the guy in the suit named Mike, he's in charge. At that point I said hell with it, walked away and went back to my room where we stayed they rest of the night instead of enjoying our time at the waterpark that we paid a lot of money to use. About a half hour after we went back to our rooms, we saw some flashing lights outside. There were two fire trucks by the main entrance. We went out to look, a maintenance guy walking buy told is it was a false alarm, and nothing was wrong. Coincidence? I think not, don't tell me there was nothing wrong and it was a false alarm, I wasn't born yesterday, there was obviously something wrong, but no one would say anything. They do a wonderful job of stonewalling and hiding the truth.
Overall, my daughter and her friends did have a good time in spite of all the problems, but the staff showed no interest in making their guests happy or trying to remedy the problems with the waterpark. They are cheaper then other waterparks, but remember you get what you pay for!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. In reviewing your dates of stay, and checking the logs for the Waterpark, it does not appear that there was anything off about the air quality in the Waterpark. We were even inspected by the state on that day, and they found nothing wrong with the Waterpark. The firetrucks arriving were there for a guest injury on one of our Waterslides, and were not there for any other reason. I truly appreciate your candor and concern regarding this matter, but I can assure you that there was no issue. Again, I truly appreciate your constructive criticism regarding this matter.

Chillicothe, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First, we got scammed when we bought the misleading Groupon for two rooms and 2-day water park passes. Passes weren't included when we went to redeem. In fact, Groupon offered ANOTHER coupon for passes at this point. When we bought those, we learned they ($120 later) were only good for one day. But, happily, the desk was happy to charge another $120 to give us a two day pass. So, now what we paid $180 for was going to cost us $400+. We will be calling Groupon. The clerk was not willing to do anything to remedy the situation.

When we FINALLY get to our rooms, one of the rooms keys won't work and we have to stand outside for 15 minutes while maintenance comes up and down the elevator to get it fixed. We had to go to the desk three times to get someone to help us.

Then we went to the bar and waited 10 minutes to be served a drink. There was only one other couple at the bar.

This is rediculous, and the first night isn't even over! Never again will we come here.

Stayed January 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to critique your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. Through Groupon we offer a wide range of selections that either include the Room Only, Room with Waterpark Passes or just the Waterpark Passes. Upon researching this, it appears as if you selected to purchase the Room Only option and then purchased the Waterpark Passes separate, which are indeed only good for one day. We do have an option available that includes the room as well as the waterpark passes that are good for two days. Our Guest Service Agents were not able to remedy this, given that you booked through a third party, and we have no access to make adjustments here at the property. We truly apologize for any inconvenience that this caused for you and your family.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Customer service was an A+. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating. The kids had fun and there was plenty to do. The water slides are so much fun. The room was unique with bunk beds. The buffet was excellent.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for you kind words regarding your interaction with our staff members. We pride ourselves in the Customer Service Training that each member of our staff receives, and we are overjoyed to hear that you experienced this! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Shawnee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First arrived at check in with a line that probably took roughly 30 minutes to get through, no big deal. Booked through groupon, don't remember seeing a $40 resort fee, but had to pay it & maybe I missed it. Nice water park, nothing spectacular but nice enough; has multiple areas for all different age ranges but chlorine in the air was BAD. Multiple times my wife & 3 y/o had to leave the water park area to get their coughing & eye burning under control & I noticed we were not the only family having to do this & it seemed like as the day went on it got worse. If it's lunch/dinner time the concession lines are very long but you're better off to order from a local pizza place & have it delivered anyways. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds & pullout couch, room was nice but as others noted some older stuff & dryer had to be cycled 2-3x to get clothes dry. With our reservation we got 50% off breakfast buffets the next morning, breakfast for $5/person at a resort is pretty good & selection was good also. After breakfast we went back to the park for a few hours where the chlorine didn't seem as bad but it was earlier in the day. Overall I'm ok with the experience, but will probably go elsewhere next time we go to an indoor water park and I don't think I'd ever pay "face value" to go here.

Stayed January 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate to hear that the levels of chlorine in the Waterpark was not tolerable for your wife and young one. The levels do fluctuate based on the amount of people that visit our Waterpark. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet and room, however. We truly hope that you will take advantage of one of our numerous deals in the future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Save yourself the headache and money and go somewhere else. Overcharged me on the "resort fee." Room was dirty and completely outdated. Staff was not helpful when trying to get Extra pillows and actually tried to charge me $2 for cheap plastic spoons. Water had so much chlorine it was unbearable to be in the Waterpark. Annoyance followed by annoyance followed by annoyance. Over priced. Half the stuff doesn't work... I will never go back.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. Our prices do include a resort fee that covers grounds maintenance, Wi-Fi and parking. We apologize if this was not made clear during the time of reservation. While we do offer certain amenities complimentary, there is a small fee for plates, spoons and napkins if an order has not been placed with the resort. Again, we truly appreciate your candor regarding your recent experience, and sincerely hope you will give us a try again in the future.

614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!