“Great Value!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #105 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Ohio
“Great Value!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My son wanted a "waterpark birthday" and choose this destination. I was a little concerned due to the negative reviews, but honestly had a wonderful experience. From booking to check out everything went smoothly. We had an actual party here, and the party room was great, pizza and cake great, and the hostess wonderful. No issue at all. The waterpark was fantastic. Lots to do for all ages and everybody had a good time. We rented a room, but didn't end up staying due to having a cranky toddler. Mainly we wanted the room for the convenience of having a place for our guests to change and grab a snack and relax. Yes, the room is dated and a few items needed repair, but nothing serious. I certainly am not going to freak out because the lamp shade needed replaced or there wasn't a flat screen television. It was clean and comfortable and that is all that matters to me. I don't know why this place gets so many negative reviews. For the money, I don't know what people expect. Its roughly $100 to $150 a room with a waterpark. A great value. Similar waterparks are charging double to triple that amount. I think people are expecting way too much for the price. If you want a pristine top notch waterpark hotel you are going to pay $300 to $400 a night. For the price we paid, I thought everything was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Massillon, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My 10-year-old daughter and I visited Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark for the first time yesterday, 11/29/14. My adult son, who attended the OSU football game, dropped us off. Then, at 4:30pm, he joined us at the waterpark. I did some research about 10 days prior to coming. On 11/18/14, I printed your rates. They listed “Winter Specials” of $29.95 for the daily rate and $21.95 for the after 4pm rate. When we got there the rates were $35.95 ($6 more) and $24.95 ($3 more). A day before coming I wanted to see what food was available, so I went to the dining section of your website (http://fortrapids.com/public/resort/dining.cfm) and printed the D.B.’s Sidewinder Café menu. The menu had many reasonable items ($3.00 slice of pizza, $4.00 hamburger, $4.50 chicken fingers, $6.50 chicken fingers combo [with fries and drink], etc.). I didn’t want to bring in much money (to avoid paying for a locker), so I brought a $5.00 bill to get her chicken fingers for lunch. I ate a lot before arriving and was not planning on eating. To my utter shock, chicken fingers were $8.50 (almost double the $4.50 shown online) and the combo $10.50 (vs. $6.50). I didn’t have enough money to get her any food! I ended up buying her a small Nutri Grain bar in the gift shop for $2.00 (which would be 50 cents at a gas station). I also bought her a snow cone. A large sign at the front of the café said $1.25 snow cones. The cashier said, “That’ll be $1.50.” I said that the sign said $1.25! How hard can it be for them to keep their online one-page waterpark café menu current so that people know what to expect to pay for food? My daughter had to go all day on a puny Nutri Grain bar and a snow cone because I thought I could trust what I’d read on their website just the day before going.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. You are correct in the pricing that you saw for Waterpark Passes and our DB's menu. However, occasionally pricing does change on our items and menus are redone. We apologize that his caused an inconvenience for you. However, it is necessary in the economy we live in. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently stayed at Fort Rapids Indoor Water Park Resort, thinking that the stay would be a fun experience for my family and friends while attending my wedding on 22 November 14. It was conveniently located close to my venue and was actually suggested by my venue. In my room, 1111, the first experience was finding a blood stain on a pillow case. This made my skin crawl! When I reported this to the front desk, the representative logged the complaint but offered no apology or compensation. Additionally, the rooms are poorly taken care of. The curtains were ripped and the lamp shades were not secured to the post. The room itself is in desperate need of an update. They still have tube televisions and only have two available power outlets located behind the bed and entertainment center, really? My mother and aunt stayed in the room next to us, 1109, and came to me the first evening with several complaints. First, they had to call maintenance to fix the bathroom sink which wouldn't drain. Then the coffee pot was inoperable and the ironing board fell off the wall when they went to use it. Again, this was reported to the front desk. The sink was fixed and the coffee pot replaced but there was no fix for the ironing board and yet again no apology. I had the feeling that multiple complaints were handled as normal or as an okay way to operate. This business has no business in hospitality. My in-laws stayed in a different hotel and when they mentioned that their father was ill and they had to cancel the booked room for their parents, they returned from their day out to a small bouquet of flowers with a note of sympathy. My wedding party returned to a room with no servicing (clean towels, made beds, etc.) because we were getting ready when they stopped by to service the room. The only way this place is surviving is by not offering refunds on the water park passes. This place severely embarrassed me on my wedding day. I will be making sure the venue does not suggest this hotel for their future weddings and I will be sure to not suggest this place to anyone.

Norwich, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We started bringing our daughter here 5 years ago, the place used to be great, we came back and nothing has changed at all. The curtains in the rooms have thin spots that let light in. The walls are dingy and the lighting in the room is dim. Every sound out in the hallways can be heard in the rooms and vice versa. Every time someone else's door shuts, it causes our room door to rattle. Very irritating when you are trying to sleep. Hope you don't need to charge your phone because the only plugs are behind the bed and TV stand. The outlet behind the bed sometimes works but if you jiggle it, it will shut off the lamp, clock, and anything else that is plugged into it. This might just be a fire hazard. The lobby and pool are exactly the same. The lazy river was closed the entire time we were there. They kept telling us that they were rotating staff but it never did open. Despite this, the pool area is well heated and very clean....with LOTS of chlorine. Think they could put some of the money they charge, which is expensive, back into the place. The seafood buffet was disgusting! And way overpriced at $21. The breakfast buffet was really good!!! And reasonably priced at approximately $10 per person. The fitness room is dirty and unkept. No towels or TVs in the fitness room either. Hate to say it but most likely we will not be back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent visit with us. If you may have noticed we have done heavy renovations throughout the property since last year. We have completely refurbished the lobby with new furniture. Also, we have added the upscale Koo Seafood Buffet and Grill which has recently been named #1 in Columbus. In addition we have completely renovated the exterior of the building. In addition, the Bar has been completely remodeled with Flat Screen TV's as well as new furniture. Over 20 of our Villa Suites have been remodeled from the ground up. To say that everything is the same is an extreme exaggerations, as upgrades were all around you during your visit with us. We are excited to see what the future brings for us, and we truly hope to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would say that I had a great experience at fort rapids an the Managment (Steve carter) was very helpfull an also made me an my roommates feel very welcomed also he was not just trying to get the most money out of me I was staying in a villa paying one amount an asked if their was a cheaper one avaible he said no we were in the cheapest villa they had but with out me asking he showed me a room that was bigger then the villa we were staying in an at a lower rate that suits me an my roommates better an we appreciate that cause he went out of his way to find something that suits us better an I I been to other hotels to were they are just about trying to get you to spend the most money.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. We are so glad to hear that you had the opportunity to interact with a member of our Management staff that was able to enhance your visit. We appreciate your business and kind words, and hope to see you again in the near future.

Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While in town for a youth football tournament, we stayed two nights at Fort Rapids. We received a very low nightly rate ($89) which admittedly made me suspicious of what was in store for us. I'd rate the overall experience a 2 of 5. I'd offer up some Pluses and Minuses:

Pluses: VERY pleasant and accommodating staff, Rooms were very clean, Old but clean counts for something, Price was right, I received a room upgrade on the house, Kids had full run of the place, Security was evident, Management Staff was visible everywhere, Water Park was safe and operational, food and beverages were reasonable,

Minuses: Dated and worn facility - carpet, lighting, Heat and ventilation, paint, wallpaper, TVs, etc. As you'd expect a rampant chlorine smell, As you'd expect, it was noisy.

While the Staff was very good, it's possible to overlook or overcome the facility condition...old and tired. If not for a water park, there is not much appeal here.

Room Tip: A one night stand....can't see anyone spending a weekend here or having any type of relaxing min...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for you candid and thorough review of our property. With our recent change in ownership, we are in the process of updated and upgrading our facilities and amenities, and changes are on the way. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to focus on the major areas of improvement, and for that we thank you.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the hotel this past weekend. At first I was Leary of staying here based off the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly and management was very helpful. The hotel room was clean, the manager even went to check the room himself to make sure. Though the rooms were a bit dated it was clean. The waterpark was nice for children and they had fun. My only complaint was the breakfast buffet was not good at all and they ran out of food. Overall a good stay

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the kind words in regards to your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to experience the level of service that our Management and staff strive to provide. We truly hope to see you again soon with the holidays right around the corner!

614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!