“Nothing has changed in years” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #102 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Norwich, Ohio
“Nothing has changed in years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We started bringing our daughter here 5 years ago, the place used to be great, we came back and nothing has changed at all. The curtains in the rooms have thin spots that let light in. The walls are dingy and the lighting in the room is dim. Every sound out in the hallways can be heard in the rooms and vice versa. Every time someone else's door shuts, it causes our room door to rattle. Very irritating when you are trying to sleep. Hope you don't need to charge your phone because the only plugs are behind the bed and TV stand. The outlet behind the bed sometimes works but if you jiggle it, it will shut off the lamp, clock, and anything else that is plugged into it. This might just be a fire hazard. The lobby and pool are exactly the same. The lazy river was closed the entire time we were there. They kept telling us that they were rotating staff but it never did open. Despite this, the pool area is well heated and very clean....with LOTS of chlorine. Think they could put some of the money they charge, which is expensive, back into the place. The seafood buffet was disgusting! And way overpriced at $21. The breakfast buffet was really good!!! And reasonably priced at approximately $10 per person. The fitness room is dirty and unkept. No towels or TVs in the fitness room either. Hate to say it but most likely we will not be back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I would say that I had a great experience at fort rapids an the Managment (Steve carter) was very helpfull an also made me an my roommates feel very welcomed also he was not just trying to get the most money out of me I was staying in a villa paying one amount an asked if their was a cheaper one avaible he said no we were in the cheapest villa they had but with out me asking he showed me a room that was bigger then the villa we were staying in an at a lower rate that suits me an my roommates better an we appreciate that cause he went out of his way to find something that suits us better an I I been to other hotels to were they are just about trying to get you to spend the most money.

Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While in town for a youth football tournament, we stayed two nights at Fort Rapids. We received a very low nightly rate ($89) which admittedly made me suspicious of what was in store for us. I'd rate the overall experience a 2 of 5. I'd offer up some Pluses and Minuses:

Pluses: VERY pleasant and accommodating staff, Rooms were very clean, Old but clean counts for something, Price was right, I received a room upgrade on the house, Kids had full run of the place, Security was evident, Management Staff was visible everywhere, Water Park was safe and operational, food and beverages were reasonable,

Minuses: Dated and worn facility - carpet, lighting, Heat and ventilation, paint, wallpaper, TVs, etc. As you'd expect a rampant chlorine smell, As you'd expect, it was noisy.

While the Staff was very good, it's possible to overlook or overcome the facility condition...old and tired. If not for a water park, there is not much appeal here.

Room Tip: A one night stand....can't see anyone spending a weekend here or having any type of relaxing min...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the hotel this past weekend. At first I was Leary of staying here based off the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly and management was very helpful. The hotel room was clean, the manager even went to check the room himself to make sure. Though the rooms were a bit dated it was clean. The waterpark was nice for children and they had fun. My only complaint was the breakfast buffet was not good at all and they ran out of food. Overall a good stay

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Pullman, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived mid-week, and the resort water park was closed except on weekends, even swimming pool. The Hotel had minimal occupancy, and we were first given a room overlooking roof-top, with no view or light in the room. Front desk very nice to give us another room. Opened suitcases and then went to the bathroom to find CRAP in a plugged toilet. Was then given a third room with a better view, but a disaster. Internet NOT available in hotel, however a Mgr., Mr. Chow, helped us by using his personal connection. Only two plug-in's in room (except bathroom), so pulled out refrigerator to use for a desk. We then realized room had a broken security latch on door. Very poor lighting in room, only 2 - 60 watt bulbs; cheap thin towels; no hand towels; very small OLD Phillips TV; no shampoo; no luggage rack; one small bar of soap. When we arrived Desk Clerk on telephone, also 2nd and 3rd visit, quite certain a personal call as he would put the phone down then as I left go back to his phone call.
If one calls this a resort, its terrible. I would have checked out and left but was raining so hard I didn't want to go find something else. In the morning we left I talked to the front desk clerk who was very nice, and she wrote down all of my complaints; however never heard from Hotel. She stated that she was tired of trying to please guests with the condition of the hotel.
In summary, rooms have very poor lighting, a small window, bad TV, no internet and maintenance is terrible. Worst Hotel we have stayed at in YEARS.

Room Tip: Never stay here, all three rooms we had were bad.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms and hallways are out dated making it look dirty. Some of the carpets were threadbare. The front desk staff were nice. I brought my entire family for my sons birthday. My dad has had a stroke and none of the things he could physically do was open that day such as
the hot tubs and the lazy river due to understaffing. They did finally open about an hour before we left so basically I paid for him to sit in a chair but at the water park price. The life guards didnt really pay attention. I had to grab someone elses child out of the water and the life guard was standing right beside me. Also the water was freezing especially in the children's pool our little ones had blue lips. We will not ever return. The only thing that was worth our money was the arcade!

• Stayed November 2014
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. A hotel is not deemed to be dirty, just because it is not brand new. Our Tower Guest Rooms are thoroughly cleaned by a team of trained Housekeeping staff. Our Waterpark attractions are based on business volume, so our attractions were closed down due to low volume temporarily. However, as you stated, they were opened within the hour. I apologize if this caused any inconvenience for you. Our Waterpark staff have been given an "Excellent" rating on all of their inspections for this entire year. They have also received numerous awards from Jeff Ellis & Associates for their alertness and attentiveness. If you wish to discuss your stay in depth, please feel free to reach out to me at all times.

Warm Regards,

Skyler Young
Revenue & Guest Relations Manager
614-868-1380 Ext. 6013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a meeting planner that held its annual conferencr at Fort Rapids indoor water park. I had booked our conference with a sales manager that is no longer working at Fort Rapids and it was a bit unnerving to say the least. When I met my new contact, Mike Robinson, he put me right at ease and he guided me through my agenda. He asked questions and offered helpful suggestions about my conference that I didn't even think of, which in turn made my conference run a lot smoother.
I ate at Koo seafood buffet and I could not believe how high end all these items are, and it was only their lunch. I guess it 3 p.m. is there dinner time and they put out lobster. Who ever heard of lobster on a buffet? During one of my breaks I went down and looked at the arcade and the water park and I thought my wife and 2 kids would love this. I suspect this would be the perfect remedy for cabin fever that's coming up here in a few months. YIPPEE!! Can't wait.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. We are so glad that you were able to connect with Mr. Robinson for a seamless transition. Our Koo Seafood Buffet was recently named #1 in Columbus, and we are glad that you were able to experience this for yourself! We look forward to being the host Hotel for your next event!

Warm Regards,

Skyler Young
Revenue & Guest Relations Manager
614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!