“Dirty, Terrible, Don't waste your money, and Cockroaches” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

Save Saved
You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #102 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Oxford, Ohio
“Dirty, Terrible, Don't waste your money, and Cockroaches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If you are looking for a Western Saloon that only plays rap music or a Asian Buffett at a Western Themed resort that charges you an extra $8 if they feel you are wasting food or a disgusting nasty falling apart terrible room or a few cockroaches scattered throughout the waterpark or a few cockroaches in the locker rooms right next to the restaurant at the waterpark, than this is the place for you! You get not one, but all of these luxuries if you choose to stay here..... PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Independence, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just got back from a 2 night stay which included a group of seven and three rooms. My SIL did find two bugs in their room the first night-I did not see them and cannot say what kind of bugs they were-one was in the bathroom. They upgraded them to a villa and let them switch rooms immediatley. The other two rooms were cleaned and saw no sign of bugs. The water park area was clean and the kids had a great time there. We ate at the seafood buffet the first night and it was really good. My MIL does not usually eat buffets, but she even liked the food. We had lunch at the bar and grill on Saturday and the pizza was excellent. I think the arcade is one of the best ones I have been to for kids. Great variety of games, all of the games looker newere and they were all working. Love how tickets are loaded onto the card and redeemed electronically. Overall, we had a really great time. This is our second time staying here and will come back again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and had a short elevator ride to the 1st floor where all of the activities...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My stay was just horrible we had a room that was not clean. Management didn't know what they were doing it got so bad we just checked out and left. Non of the staff knew that they didn't start opening things until 3 or 4 Friday place is dirty seen many bugs. In my opinion just don't do it go somewhere else hell a motel might even be better and that's saying alot

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Parma, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took my grandson here he wanted to go on vacation before school started. Worked out great found a deal on groupon and ordered the hotel say for one night with water park passed was a very good deal he had alot of fun . Not really for 14 and up though more for 12 and under. My grandson is 12 and under.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our experience, at our 17th Annual Statewide Whist Tournaments this year, was a very pleasant one. Mike Robinson and the staff were very accommodating and professional. We were pleasantly surprised with the appearance of the ballroom and the hospitality room. Our guest and their family enjoyed the waterpark. We look forward to having our 18th annual event there and working with Mike next year.

Phyllis Cornute - Chairperson

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

We are overjoyed to hear that your event was such a huge success! Our entire staff has loved having you in the past, and we look forward to another great year! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Mike as well as the rest of our staff. We'll see you all again next year!

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was so excited that we had scheduled the perfect place for our family outing. I have to admit we had become very skeptical after reading the reviews. But the greatest thing happened from the minute we walked in the door it became the best experience we could have imagined. From the service at the front desk to the more than spacious and perfect room with a dryer :) Yeah!!!! We had such a great time with our grandkids that we all were wore out when we left. We spent most of each day at the waterpark, taking advantage of our staycation package at the pool side grill. Then finished each evening with some gold dust mining and game room fun. Each moment of each day was everything we could have asked for. Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for you kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. All of our staff takes pride in making Fort Rapids a "home away from home" for each guest that walks through our doors! If your travels every bring you to Columbus again, we would love to host your next vacation!

Warm Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Please do not go. I moved to Columbus over a year ago and locals told me ft. rapid was not the place to go so I have been to all of the surrounding water parks but finally decided to give them a chance. It was the worst experience that I have had from start to beginning. First off I waited for an hour after the 4:00 PM check-in for my room. When entering my room it smelt like feet and mildew. So I had to try to track housekeeping down to try get something to illuminate the smell but that did not work. Then the next problem with my card was deactivated so back to the line I went. By the time I left I was overwhelmed with joy to be getting out of there and leaving the horrible experience behind me but they were not finish torturing me. When I check my bank statement the next day they had charged me an additional hundred dollars. When I call to speak with someone they said they will call me back they never did. I call back again they said the manager would be there at nine. When I spoke to the manager she said it was another manager that I need with speak with she said all that was notated was room damages. Let me go on record to say this these are low budget rooms there's nothing that could've possibly been damage this morning I call that manager and he said it was housekeeping that put the charges on there and he would go up there today now three days after I checked out to see if the room was damaged.Now after putting two days of energy into trying to get my money back I have to go to work frustrated not knowing if these con artist are going to take my money or not. If you're looking for at overprice stay in a headache go to Fort rapids other than that you'll be better off at your local park.

• Stayed September 2014
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize if the accommodations were not up to your standards. Our check in time is at 4pm, and it appears that you checked into your room at 4:20pm, so it does not appear that you waited over an hour to get your room. You did call and leave a message for me, and we were able to communicate in regards to this issue the very next day. The phone in your room was damaged with Soda and food material, and therefore the hotel incurred a cost to order, ship and replace the damaged item. Therefore, per the registration card you signed upon check in, you were charged for the cost of the damaged item in your room. If there are any further questions I can answer, or anything I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me.

Warm Regards

614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!