“Just don't do it ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

Save Saved
You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #102 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Just don't do it ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay was just horrible we had a room that was not clean. Management didn't know what they were doing it got so bad we just checked out and left. Non of the staff knew that they didn't start opening things until 3 or 4 Friday place is dirty seen many bugs. In my opinion just don't do it go somewhere else hell a motel might even be better and that's saying alot

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Parma, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Took my grandson here he wanted to go on vacation before school started. Worked out great found a deal on groupon and ordered the hotel say for one night with water park passed was a very good deal he had alot of fun . Not really for 14 and up though more for 12 and under. My grandson is 12 and under.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our experience, at our 17th Annual Statewide Whist Tournaments this year, was a very pleasant one. Mike Robinson and the staff were very accommodating and professional. We were pleasantly surprised with the appearance of the ballroom and the hospitality room. Our guest and their family enjoyed the waterpark. We look forward to having our 18th annual event there and working with Mike next year.

Phyllis Cornute - Chairperson

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest,

We are overjoyed to hear that your event was such a huge success! Our entire staff has loved having you in the past, and we look forward to another great year! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Mike as well as the rest of our staff. We'll see you all again next year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was so excited that we had scheduled the perfect place for our family outing. I have to admit we had become very skeptical after reading the reviews. But the greatest thing happened from the minute we walked in the door it became the best experience we could have imagined. From the service at the front desk to the more than spacious and perfect room with a dryer :) Yeah!!!! We had such a great time with our grandkids that we all were wore out when we left. We spent most of each day at the waterpark, taking advantage of our staycation package at the pool side grill. Then finished each evening with some gold dust mining and game room fun. Each moment of each day was everything we could have asked for. Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for you kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. All of our staff takes pride in making Fort Rapids a "home away from home" for each guest that walks through our doors! If your travels every bring you to Columbus again, we would love to host your next vacation!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Please do not go. I moved to Columbus over a year ago and locals told me ft. rapid was not the place to go so I have been to all of the surrounding water parks but finally decided to give them a chance. It was the worst experience that I have had from start to beginning. First off I waited for an hour after the 4:00 PM check-in for my room. When entering my room it smelt like feet and mildew. So I had to try to track housekeeping down to try get something to illuminate the smell but that did not work. Then the next problem with my card was deactivated so back to the line I went. By the time I left I was overwhelmed with joy to be getting out of there and leaving the horrible experience behind me but they were not finish torturing me. When I check my bank statement the next day they had charged me an additional hundred dollars. When I call to speak with someone they said they will call me back they never did. I call back again they said the manager would be there at nine. When I spoke to the manager she said it was another manager that I need with speak with she said all that was notated was room damages. Let me go on record to say this these are low budget rooms there's nothing that could've possibly been damage this morning I call that manager and he said it was housekeeping that put the charges on there and he would go up there today now three days after I checked out to see if the room was damaged.Now after putting two days of energy into trying to get my money back I have to go to work frustrated not knowing if these con artist are going to take my money or not. If you're looking for at overprice stay in a headache go to Fort rapids other than that you'll be better off at your local park.

• Stayed September 2014
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize if the accommodations were not up to your standards. Our check in time is at 4pm, and it appears that you checked into your room at 4:20pm, so it does not appear that you waited over an hour to get your room. You did call and leave a message for me, and we were able to communicate in regards to this issue the very next day. The phone in your room was damaged with Soda and food material, and therefore the hotel incurred a cost to order, ship and replace the damaged item. Therefore, per the registration card you signed upon check in, you were charged for the cost of the damaged item in your room. If there are any further questions I can answer, or anything I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me.

Warm Regards

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were hoping for a relaxing fun filled weekend, but that was not the case thanks to the staff at Fort Rapids. To start off with, we waited nearly an hour to check due to poor customer service. There were only a few people ahead of us, yet it took almost an hour to check in. When we finally got to the hotel room, the first thing we noticed was that there was no water pressure in the shower. Also, the toilet took 10mins to fill up due to poor water pressure. The room was not adequately stocked with shampoo and soap. We called the front desk and kindly requested that soap and shampoo be brought up to our room only to get a rude response from the woman that answered the phone. She said "it may take a while to bring that up"...and I asked if I could come to the front desk and pick some up and she responded "NO...we don't keep that here". So we waited and waited and finally an hour later I called again to receive a similar response. "I will see if someone can bring it up"...no assurance that anyone would actually bring it up to us. The next debacle we encountered was that our room keys were deactivated. I saw a woman in the hall way and tried to tell her the situation and she rudely said "go wait in that line". I was shocked by her rude demeanor and attitude. We waited nearly 25 minutes before someone was able to help us. For a business that thrives on customer service, this establishment clearly has no clue what customer service means.

If you want to avoid a rude experience, I highly recommend you do not visit Fort Rapids.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. During Labor Day Weekend, with the kids having a long weekend, we do have a high demand with people booking rooms, checking in and making reservations. This does lead to a slightly increased wait time as with any business. We do ask that you be understanding of the occasional line and wait time for the items that you requested. I researched into the issue, and it appears as if we were in the process of restocking the shampoo and conditioner at the Front Desk when you requested it, and therefore were unable to provide the item temporarily. I do apologize if this caused any inconvenience for you. Occasionally our room keys may get deactivated by items such as cell phones, credit cards and alike, due to the fact that they use a magnetic system. I do understand that this can be inconvenient at times as well, especially since there happened to be a wait time at the desk to get them reactivated. Again, thank you for the constructive criticism, as it helps us to continuously grow and improve. We truly appreciate the feedback.

Huntington, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you choose to pay the extra for the waterpark know now that you will absolutely not get what you are paying for. The park is in need of some updates, several areas were closed off, and it is much smaller than its counterparts. The staff is seriously uninformed. I was told the waterpark was closed on Sunday. I was also told that the waterpark opened at 9am, and closed at 10pm, all incorrect. There is major miscommunication going on between management and staff. The staff seem overworked and generally unhappy.
The rooms, sigh. Ours was not properly cleaned, cobwebs on the ceiling, and personal items left behind in the bathroom do not sit well. I do wish that they would keep the trash cleaned up outside. Looking out our window, I thought I saw a trash dump. Lastly, the outdoor door to the stairwell was open to anyone. You had to have a key to get into the first floor hall, but not to get into the stairs that gave access to all floors.
On the positive side; the lifeguards were vigilant, and watchfull. The lobby and bar were fun, the arcade was great, and dispight all my concerns, my six year old still had a blast... But, we will not be going back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I apologize if there was any misinformation given in regards to the Waterpark. We are open from 10am-9pm on Saturdays and 10am-8pm on Sundays. Occasionally an associate may get these hours confused, and I apologize if this caused any inconvenience to you. We do also have a full list of hours posted on our website at www.fortrapids.com. I truly hope that you will not let this impression tarnish your overall view of our property. We would love the opportunity to host your family again, and show you the great service and facilities that we have to offer!

614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!