“Worst Customer Service Ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

Save Saved
You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #105 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worst Customer Service Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We were hoping for a relaxing fun filled weekend, but that was not the case thanks to the staff at Fort Rapids. To start off with, we waited nearly an hour to check due to poor customer service. There were only a few people ahead of us, yet it took almost an hour to check in. When we finally got to the hotel room, the first thing we noticed was that there was no water pressure in the shower. Also, the toilet took 10mins to fill up due to poor water pressure. The room was not adequately stocked with shampoo and soap. We called the front desk and kindly requested that soap and shampoo be brought up to our room only to get a rude response from the woman that answered the phone. She said "it may take a while to bring that up"...and I asked if I could come to the front desk and pick some up and she responded "NO...we don't keep that here". So we waited and waited and finally an hour later I called again to receive a similar response. "I will see if someone can bring it up"...no assurance that anyone would actually bring it up to us. The next debacle we encountered was that our room keys were deactivated. I saw a woman in the hall way and tried to tell her the situation and she rudely said "go wait in that line". I was shocked by her rude demeanor and attitude. We waited nearly 25 minutes before someone was able to help us. For a business that thrives on customer service, this establishment clearly has no clue what customer service means.

If you want to avoid a rude experience, I highly recommend you do not visit Fort Rapids.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntington, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you choose to pay the extra for the waterpark know now that you will absolutely not get what you are paying for. The park is in need of some updates, several areas were closed off, and it is much smaller than its counterparts. The staff is seriously uninformed. I was told the waterpark was closed on Sunday. I was also told that the waterpark opened at 9am, and closed at 10pm, all incorrect. There is major miscommunication going on between management and staff. The staff seem overworked and generally unhappy.
The rooms, sigh. Ours was not properly cleaned, cobwebs on the ceiling, and personal items left behind in the bathroom do not sit well. I do wish that they would keep the trash cleaned up outside. Looking out our window, I thought I saw a trash dump. Lastly, the outdoor door to the stairwell was open to anyone. You had to have a key to get into the first floor hall, but not to get into the stairs that gave access to all floors.
On the positive side; the lifeguards were vigilant, and watchfull. The lobby and bar were fun, the arcade was great, and dispight all my concerns, my six year old still had a blast... But, we will not be going back.

Whitehall, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I traveled to Fort Rapids this previous weekend as a last minute activity before summer officially ended. I haven't been here for over 3 years, and it really seems as New Management has turned it around! There are upgrades being done all over the property! We stayed in a room with one king bed and a set of bunkbeds. Our daughter really enjoyed her own area with it's own T.V.! The room was very well-cleaned, and the waterpark provided plenty to do all day! We also had the opportunity to try the Koo Seafood Buffett & Grill. The price is a little bit higher, but what do you expect with all you can eat Crab Legs!!! We had the opportunity to talk with Skyler and I believe her name was Kenesha. They both truly seemed to care that we had a great time. Definitely will be back this winter!

Room Tip: Bunk bed rooms are great!
Canal Winchester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wanting something fun and exciting for my two Granddaughters birthdays I made reservations at Fort Rapids for my family for a one night stay and a two day pass for the waterpark. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and informed me of every detail. The room was very clean and comfortable and well worth the price. The lifeguards was always on alert. The security not only patrolled the area but also picked up any litter. The staff had no problem answering any question or solving our problem when one of my granddaughters had put her wristband on way too loose. The pizza was even delicious! The staff at Fort Rapids made our birthday weekend getaway so fantastic that upon our departure we all decided that we are making Fort Rapids a yearly birthday weekend getaway. Can't wait for the next time. Hope your experience is as fantastic as ours was!

Room Tip: our room was on the third floor and even near the ice and vending machines and we heard absolutely n...
Vienna, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We took our nephew here and all had an amazing time. The boys spent a lot of time on the racing waterslides while I watched from the hot tub near the bottom. All of the water park and the arcade were well used by our group. It was a good price for all the fun we had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We actually had reservations at another hotel and drove past this and said we should stay there next year ( we come to the zoo every year ) so I was able to CX my other reservations and booked here for 80$ cheaper. And that is with the water park . Great deal!!! So my 4 and 2 year olds had a blast. The staff was extremely nice and was absolutely capable if their jobs !!! We ordered from the bar both nights and the food was good! The seafood buffet was a little pricy considering my kids wouldn't touch anything there, but that was no big deal! Will stay here again, and next time probably with more of our family!!! Thank you!!
Johnstown, Pa

• Stayed August 2014
FortRapids, Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your gracious review of your stay with us at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark, Hotel & Conference Center. We pride ourselves on service and family fun! The Koo Seafood Buffett may take an acquired taste for smaller children, but does have a menu of over 120 items. Our hosts and hostesses will be happy to show you the options more popular with children. We are glad that you enjoyed both the Koo Buffett and Branding Iron Grill and we are delighted that you enjoyed our main feature, the Waterpark. We look forward to hosting you and your family on your next visit with us!

Warm Regards,

Kenesha Coulibaly
Front Desk Services & Quality Control
614-868-1380
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'll be honest, after reading some of these reviews I was worried that my trip would be a disaster. I was pleasantly surprised and I will debunk some of the bad reviews.

First, the staff was extremely friendly and very helpful; from when I called two day before my arrival to book early check in until the day of check out when there was a small issue with checkout.

The suite we stayed in was also quite nice. Sure it was a little but worn, but it was very clean and everything worked. It was much roomier than the suites we've stayed in at other water parks.

As for the water park, the water in the small kid area was a little chilly but it didn't phase my 4-year-old in the least and I quickly got used to it. The water in the rest of the park was at a perfect temperature. Yes the water park is smaller than some of the others but it was perfect for my two boys (4 and 6) they had a great time.

The only problem I had was with the extremely loud people having a party above us. Luckily they only stayed one night.

I would definitely stay here again if i was going to be in the area. However I would try to do it Sunday through Thursday to avoid the bigger crowds and party folk.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!