“Great Destination Resort!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

Save Saved
You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #105 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Whitehall, Ohio
“Great Destination Resort!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I traveled to Fort Rapids this previous weekend as a last minute activity before summer officially ended. I haven't been here for over 3 years, and it really seems as New Management has turned it around! There are upgrades being done all over the property! We stayed in a room with one king bed and a set of bunkbeds. Our daughter really enjoyed her own area with it's own T.V.! The room was very well-cleaned, and the waterpark provided plenty to do all day! We also had the opportunity to try the Koo Seafood Buffett & Grill. The price is a little bit higher, but what do you expect with all you can eat Crab Legs!!! We had the opportunity to talk with Skyler and I believe her name was Kenesha. They both truly seemed to care that we had a great time. Definitely will be back this winter!

Room Tip: Bunk bed rooms are great!

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vienna, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We took our nephew here and all had an amazing time. The boys spent a lot of time on the racing waterslides while I watched from the hot tub near the bottom. All of the water park and the arcade were well used by our group. It was a good price for all the fun we had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We actually had reservations at another hotel and drove past this and said we should stay there next year ( we come to the zoo every year ) so I was able to CX my other reservations and booked here for 80$ cheaper. And that is with the water park . Great deal!!! So my 4 and 2 year olds had a blast. The staff was extremely nice and was absolutely capable if their jobs !!! We ordered from the bar both nights and the food was good! The seafood buffet was a little pricy considering my kids wouldn't touch anything there, but that was no big deal! Will stay here again, and next time probably with more of our family!!! Thank you!!
Johnstown, Pa

• Stayed August 2014
FortRapids, Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your gracious review of your stay with us at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark, Hotel & Conference Center. We pride ourselves on service and family fun! The Koo Seafood Buffett may take an acquired taste for smaller children, but does have a menu of over 120 items. Our hosts and hostesses will be happy to show you the options more popular with children. We are glad that you enjoyed both the Koo Buffett and Branding Iron Grill and we are delighted that you enjoyed our main feature, the Waterpark. We look forward to hosting you and your family on your next visit with us!

Kenesha Coulibaly
Front Desk Services & Quality Control
614-868-1380
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'll be honest, after reading some of these reviews I was worried that my trip would be a disaster. I was pleasantly surprised and I will debunk some of the bad reviews.

First, the staff was extremely friendly and very helpful; from when I called two day before my arrival to book early check in until the day of check out when there was a small issue with checkout.

The suite we stayed in was also quite nice. Sure it was a little but worn, but it was very clean and everything worked. It was much roomier than the suites we've stayed in at other water parks.

As for the water park, the water in the small kid area was a little chilly but it didn't phase my 4-year-old in the least and I quickly got used to it. The water in the rest of the park was at a perfect temperature. Yes the water park is smaller than some of the others but it was perfect for my two boys (4 and 6) they had a great time.

The only problem I had was with the extremely loud people having a party above us. Luckily they only stayed one night.

I would definitely stay here again if i was going to be in the area. However I would try to do it Sunday through Thursday to avoid the bigger crowds and party folk.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived on a Tuesday and stayed until Thursday. We got a midweek deal so I brought the children (ages 8 and 12) alone. The three of us had a wonderful time. The staff couldn't have been lovelier. The evening cookies and story time were a nice touch. Is the hotel dated? Yes. Were they working to improve it? Yes. Everything was clean. The game room was a huge hit and the staff was very kind to my children. I gave each of them a $20 card to last our trip. It was tough but they did it. Cheaper games are toward the back.

My kids love COSI so we spent all day Wednesday there. The hotel is a very quick 10 minute drive from COSI. It was about 30 minutes from the zoo which we did before checking in on Tuesday. We also checked out Krema Nut Factory and had gourmet peanut butter sandwiches then went to the North Market for Jeni's Ice Cream (these were also only 10 minutes away). If you use the hotel as a fun pool rather than the destination then you will enjoy your visit more.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We're glad that you are able to appreciate the fact that we are working day in and day out to improve and upgrade our facilities. I'm glad that your children enjoyed Cosi as well as the Krema Nut Factory. Columbus truly does have some great destinations. If you are ever in the area again, I truly hope that you'll stop by to see how much farther we've come!

New Franklin, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Purchased a family Groupon for 4 with overnite stay included. The hotel definitely needs updated. The breakfast included was really a rip off--I would hate to think I was paying full price to eat here. Everything that was brought out was COLD and not worth eating. The servers stood around doing nothing. My husband had to go get someone for coffee while they stood around talking. Had a note on the table to take all you wanted to eat, but if you didn't eat it, there was an $8 charge. We do not take more than we can eat, but what little we had on our plates, was not edible. We noticed people didn't eat the food and left. At the end the servers brought you a fortune cookie expecting a tip for doing nothing. We tip around 20 percent for good service, but we sure didn't see anyone leaving a tip and for good reason.
The waterpark was understaffed, so you had to wait forever to ride a slide and this was on a Wednesday, which was suppose to be their "slower day". Thursday morning was overrun with kids brought in from preschools. There was enough personnel for the "lazy river" but certainly not enough for the slides. My grandson walked up to the kid's slide, waited forever, then the staff wouldn't let anyone go down because they needed to take a break. If you are going to take a break, close off the slide at the bottom of the slide, don't make people walk up and have to wait and walk back down again. I have a knee replacement, so steps are not my favorite thing to walk up, and I want to take the slide down, not turn around and walk down again. The place is run by kids who have no clue on how to run a water park.
The lockers are $7 and $9. I had to waste at least 20 minutes because there was something wrong with the system and had to have personnel come and try to fix the problem.
Given a code by the front desk for wifi, surprise code didn't work, so couldn't use wifi. Ice machine didn't work on our floor or most floors, so had to find a floor that did. Cold water faucet wasn't cold enough to just drink without ice.
Resort fee of $7.50 per day, for what??? certainly not the service. In the end, my $129 groupon for a Wyatt Earp room with 4 water park passes, breakfast (if you could call it that) and a crummy mug cost me almost $167.
Could say more, but I think you get the picture......don't go here unless you want to waste your money.
They Groupon also advertised 4 vouchers worth $3 each. When I asked for these at check in, I was told to come back later for these and the breakfast vouchers. We could have went to a fast food restaurant and at least had an edible breakfast and hot. As for the arcade vouchers, when I returned to get these I was told they were replacing $12 worth of vouchers for a mug with a Fort Rapids logo. My grandchildren 6 and 10 both looked at it and replied "that sure isn't worth $12."

Room Tip: Don't stay here--go somewhere else!!
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent visit with us. We truly appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to improve more and more everyday. I do apologize that the breakfast buffet that was included in your package was not to your liking. We do, however, received numerous guest compliments on the quality of the breakfast, and the Koo Seafood Buffet has just been named The Best of Columbus 2014. While it is true that our Waterpark Staff are college aged students, they have been awarded the highest credentials by Jeff Ellis & Associates, which is the most prestigious aquatics safety program in the world. Four of all Single Day Waterpark Passes would total up to $159.80. You received a hotel room, 4 Waterpark Passes, 4 all you can eat breakfast buffets, and one Collectible Souvenir Mug for only $129. If there is anything further that I may do to assist, please feel free to contact me at any time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We must have stayed on an off day because the water park was not very busy (monday-tuesday). There were enough slides for both my kids (11&9) a lazy river and 7 big slides plus a kids area with more slides (see pic).

The hotel does show signs of being older mostly cosmetic things. It appears the hotel was recently taken over by a new company who were "fixing"some things outside (painting, etc.) The room was very clean. this property has old airport conditioning units that run constantly and do not keep the room at a good temp. When we arrived,.our room was about 85°. There was hard water stains in the bath tub but otherwise it was a nice place to stay. The breakfast buffet that is included was nice. Coffee,milk, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, muffins and donuts.

Breakfast is located in the same restaurant as the "seafood buffet". While breakfast is nice, it is NOT worth the price for dinner. It was $45 for me and my two children to eat dinner the night before. The buffet is a cheap chinese food buffet with about 3 things a picky child will eat....french fries (which were gross), rolls and garlic toast, pizza (which had peppercinos, mushrooms and onions) that my kid wouldn't even look at. The only nice thing was the crab legs. This buffet is over priced and unless you are in to sushi, a waste of money. Be aware that there are also signs that say if you take too much food and waste it, they will charge you $8 extra!

I would stay again but make better dining choices.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the feedback as it allows us to continue to grow and improve. While the property has been around a little bit longer, Fort Rapids strives to provide clean and comfortable accommodations to all. We are in the process of upgrading our tower rooms, which includes the air conditioning units, televisions etc. Our Koo Seafood Buffet has recently been name The Best of 2014 Columbus, however this style of dining is not for everyone. We also have a concession stand and Steakhouse menu in the bar area for alternative dining. Again, thank you for your review, and we truly look forward to seeing your again soon!

614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!