“We took a small vacation we could afford. This place needs to quit getting such horrible reviews.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

Save Saved
You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #119 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Sabina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We were trying to find an affordable vacation for our family. We don't get to do this very often because if money. We wanted to just take our kids on a 1 day trip this summer. We had a great experience at the cent desk, I will say she was doing alot if different jos and could of used help. But great to me. We ate in the bar area. Had great food, excellent service and affordable for a family of 5, the waterpark was great. No lines, lifeguards obviously trained well. Just wish it was opens little later. Arcade was great. Wish we would of been aware of coupon in key card folder we could of used it. We spent alot in there. Room was great and comfortable for a family of 5. We will be back as son as we can afford it. In fact we have a family tht has just experienced a loss in our family. We could use a get away of laughs to get away from things and smile again with our mother. We have all ages of kida that would enjoy this place. Money is just always an issue. Hope to be able to come back soon. Please dont read all the bad reviews. Use your own judgement. Thanks so much for the memories. Hope to be able to see you again soon

• Stayed July 2014

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sheffield Lake, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If I could rate 0 stars I would!! From the minute I walked in to check in for our overnight stay, customer service was horrible!! It took over a half an hour to check in because no-one knew how to find my reservation... On top of the fact that the rude employees were too busy having their own conversations! Finally got the key to our room, headed up, and the room was dingy! The remote controller was broken, the bathtub was dirty and the door handle was broken (it had to be jiggled to close properly)! The water park had no available life jackets for the little ones and the water was freezing! After swimming, we wanted to eat, and if you don't like seafood, you're out of luck! The buffet is expensive and with two 2 year olds, they wouldn't have touched anything! We decided to order a pizza at the bar/restaurant... 45 minutes later, we still had NO FOOD! When I asked the bartender why it was taking so long, his response was, "I don't know, we only have 1 cook". We waited about 10 more minutes and finally told him that we were leaving, we were hungry and couldn't wait any longer! He then handed me a bill for the soda we had!!!!!!! I promptly took it to the front desk and told them I didn't think we should have to pay for them either... She walked away to talk to the bar manager, came back and said, "well he's busy, can you write your name and number down and we'll call you"!!!! They later called and "comped" our drinks! Meanwhile, we had to waste more of our vacation time, driving 20 minutes away to another restaurant! Later that night while in our room with nothing to do, because the water park closes at 9!!!!! I called the front desk to ask for a pack and play for my 2 year old, and they said, "ok i'll tell housekeeping". I waited about an hour and still no bed! So I tried to call housekeeping, no answer! Called the front desk back and got this response, "well they are very busy, give them a few minutes".... Within 2 minutes they were there (making me believe they forgot the first time I called)... We could not get out of there fast enough in the morning! Then when I tried to call and talk to a manager, I was told there was nothing they could do because I purchased my stay through Groupon, and that I needed to call them! Absolutely the worst customer service and stay we've ever had!!!!!! Tried calling the "general manager" and was given his voicemail, where I left a message with, of course, no response!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in 8 person villa suite july 11 thru 14th and it was very nice. The room was very clean and it was HUGE. Basically at this property the villa suites have all been redone and are modern and much nicer. Staff was friendly and the waterpark was perfect for 2.5 year and 7 year old girls they had a blast. We have stayed at great wolfe in past and this has more younger kids stuff just no wave pool.for a much nicer price. Nice arcade right by waterpark and delicious looking buffet although we went out with friends. Location is nice just south of columbus, out of hustle bit close to everything. Dont understand why this place gets so terrible reviews we loved it and our froends did as well will be back in future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Scott W,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us! We pride ourselves in offering great accommodations and an environment that allows guest of all ages to have a great time. We sincerely hope that you will choose us again in the future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

So ran down, dirty, dingy, desperately in need of repair. No complimentary breakfast (the cost of the rooms being so high should include breakfast!), water park and lobby seemed clean, rooms were just awful. Towels were few and far between in the entire hotel. Shower had no hot water, door handles needed maintenance to open, old box tvs, run down furniture, outside staircases not secure, don't waste your money.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our property. Fort Rapids is currently undergoing great changes and renovations. I'm sure that you were able to notice the brand new exterior of our building, along with brand new décor in the lobby as well as our new upscale Koo Seafood Buffet. In addition, our West Wing is currently being renovated and is close to completion. Our room and Waterpark prices are the most competitive among all of the Waterparks in Ohio. We appreciate your comments, as we are always looking for ways to provide our guests with even better accommodations and facilities!

Newark, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My reservation wasn't established upon arrival although they did have the room available I needed and they gave us a $20 arcade voucher for our trouble. I had to call maintenance to let us into our room because the door handles had to be lifted not pushed down as would be expected. When arriving in the water park there were no clean guest towels available {and there were very few guests there}, it took 2 1/2 hours before towels were ready. We choose to eat at the water park as there was no one in line ahead of us ,yet it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get 2 hamburgers, fries, 2 orders of wings and a slice of pizza, that bill came to over $40. When we retuned to our room to shower, the hair dryer blew up in my hand and the second bathroom we had didn't have a hair dryer available at all, I again had to call maintenance to my room to bring a dryer. The kids had a great time but the frustration endured for the amount of money I spent was beyond disappointing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time tor review your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not experience the level of service that we strive to provide to every one of our guests. Given that we are in the middle of our busy season, there may be a delay before towels become available, which is why we do our utmost to inform every guest that towels are only provided on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Stoutland, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided to go to this hotel for our anniversary and visit the water park for a fun weekend adventure. When we arrived to the hotel, service was okay, nothing spectacular. We got our water park passes and got checked into our room. When we opened the door to our room it was nothing like the online photos. It had huge burns all over the floor and the Windows were glued shut. The bathroom was nothing special either. This hotel is in terrible need of a good cleaning and a renovation. Room was not worth the price and neither was the water park. We continued our stay and tried to make the best of it. When we woke up the next morning, we checked out like normal
As we approached our vehicle we noticed our door handle to the driver side door was completely ripped off. Come to realize we have been robbed in the middle of the night and had over $2000 worth of stuff stolen from us. Same with two other vehicles that night. There were 3 security cameras alone pointed towards our parking spot so we went back inside to see if there was anyway anybody could look at the footage from last night to see if we could find out who had Don ed this. The manager refused to leave his seat in the office and has used the receptionist as his runner to tell us that whatever happened is not their responsibility and he'd have nothing to do with us until the police arrived. Understanding that fort rapids is not responsible for theft, but he could have at least been kind enough to move from his chair and speak to us himself. He was no help at all. The security guard however was great, he came out to our vehicle and checked everything out while we waited for the police. After the police arrived, they noted all of our stolen belongings and sent us on our way. Needless to say, our experience was absolutely horrific and we will never be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wapakoneta, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is a complete joke! I wouldn’t even waste five minutes to drive to this s**t hole. This is the ABSOLUTE worst place I have ever “attempted” to stay.

We decided to take a small trip for my son to have a water park experience. We traveled 2 hours to get to the hotel after looking at pictures on the internet etc. The lobby of this place was filled with trashy looking people. The parking lot was full of people “hanging out”. This whole place is full of people who know one another and who permanently live there. The person at the check in station was rude, wouldn’t tell us how much the room cost, and was not courteous at all. We were supposed to get 4 wristbands for the water park and only received 3. The room smelled like H*LL. The view out of the window was a huge trash pile. The furniture was all banged up and looked like someone had lived in there for months. The one thing that caught me funny was the big ole’ piece of S**T stuck to the toilet. We had called down and explained that were weren’t happy and this was not at all what the pictured showed on the internet. We were told that the big poop stain was to be expected. After only being there for 5 minutes we asked for our money back because this place was so terrible, we were denied but offered a different room. We moved to a different room which again looked like someone had lived in for months. Furniture all beat up, windows taped and glued shut. The whole place seems to be run down. Paint chipped off all of the doors. There was a two inch gap from underneath the doors. Saw a cleaning lady who was extremely unprofessionally dressed. Needless to say, I didn’t feel comfortable having my three year old son stay in the environment so we left and ate $160.00 for only being there for 20 minutes. The rooms were so bad and the people were so sketchy that I couldn’t even imaging how dirty the water park or restaurant was. I’m sure this place wouldn’t pass a health inspection and I’m sure that if we would have stayed that we would have either been robbed, shot, or came home with some type of bugs. After checking out for the whole 20 minutes we were there the people at the front desk put on the receipt that the departure date was the next day. Complete falsification, which I’m sure they did this so they could refuse to give any type of money back. We have tried contacting the manager twice now and haven’t received any type of response.

Room Tip: There is nothing about this place to help any one choose a good room they are all terrible. Go somew...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!