“So many things went wrong it would have been funny if I hadn't spent so much money!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort

Save Saved
You added Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, I-70 at Hamilton Road exit 107, Columbus, OH 43232-4180 (Formerly "Holiday Inn")   |
Ranked #121 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Newark, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My reservation wasn't established upon arrival although they did have the room available I needed and they gave us a $20 arcade voucher for our trouble. I had to call maintenance to let us into our room because the door handles had to be lifted not pushed down as would be expected. When arriving in the water park there were no clean guest towels available {and there were very few guests there}, it took 2 1/2 hours before towels were ready. We choose to eat at the water park as there was no one in line ahead of us ,yet it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get 2 hamburgers, fries, 2 orders of wings and a slice of pizza, that bill came to over $40. When we retuned to our room to shower, the hair dryer blew up in my hand and the second bathroom we had didn't have a hair dryer available at all, I again had to call maintenance to my room to bring a dryer. The kids had a great time but the frustration endured for the amount of money I spent was beyond disappointing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Stoutland, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We decided to go to this hotel for our anniversary and visit the water park for a fun weekend adventure. When we arrived to the hotel, service was okay, nothing spectacular. We got our water park passes and got checked into our room. When we opened the door to our room it was nothing like the online photos. It had huge burns all over the floor and the Windows were glued shut. The bathroom was nothing special either. This hotel is in terrible need of a good cleaning and a renovation. Room was not worth the price and neither was the water park. We continued our stay and tried to make the best of it. When we woke up the next morning, we checked out like normal
As we approached our vehicle we noticed our door handle to the driver side door was completely ripped off. Come to realize we have been robbed in the middle of the night and had over $2000 worth of stuff stolen from us. Same with two other vehicles that night. There were 3 security cameras alone pointed towards our parking spot so we went back inside to see if there was anyway anybody could look at the footage from last night to see if we could find out who had Don ed this. The manager refused to leave his seat in the office and has used the receptionist as his runner to tell us that whatever happened is not their responsibility and he'd have nothing to do with us until the police arrived. Understanding that fort rapids is not responsible for theft, but he could have at least been kind enough to move from his chair and speak to us himself. He was no help at all. The security guard however was great, he came out to our vehicle and checked everything out while we waited for the police. After the police arrived, they noted all of our stolen belongings and sent us on our way. Needless to say, our experience was absolutely horrific and we will never be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wapakoneta, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is a complete joke! I wouldn’t even waste five minutes to drive to this s**t hole. This is the ABSOLUTE worst place I have ever “attempted” to stay.

We decided to take a small trip for my son to have a water park experience. We traveled 2 hours to get to the hotel after looking at pictures on the internet etc. The lobby of this place was filled with trashy looking people. The parking lot was full of people “hanging out”. This whole place is full of people who know one another and who permanently live there. The person at the check in station was rude, wouldn’t tell us how much the room cost, and was not courteous at all. We were supposed to get 4 wristbands for the water park and only received 3. The room smelled like H*LL. The view out of the window was a huge trash pile. The furniture was all banged up and looked like someone had lived in there for months. The one thing that caught me funny was the big ole’ piece of S**T stuck to the toilet. We had called down and explained that were weren’t happy and this was not at all what the pictured showed on the internet. We were told that the big poop stain was to be expected. After only being there for 5 minutes we asked for our money back because this place was so terrible, we were denied but offered a different room. We moved to a different room which again looked like someone had lived in for months. Furniture all beat up, windows taped and glued shut. The whole place seems to be run down. Paint chipped off all of the doors. There was a two inch gap from underneath the doors. Saw a cleaning lady who was extremely unprofessionally dressed. Needless to say, I didn’t feel comfortable having my three year old son stay in the environment so we left and ate $160.00 for only being there for 20 minutes. The rooms were so bad and the people were so sketchy that I couldn’t even imaging how dirty the water park or restaurant was. I’m sure this place wouldn’t pass a health inspection and I’m sure that if we would have stayed that we would have either been robbed, shot, or came home with some type of bugs. After checking out for the whole 20 minutes we were there the people at the front desk put on the receipt that the departure date was the next day. Complete falsification, which I’m sure they did this so they could refuse to give any type of money back. We have tried contacting the manager twice now and haven’t received any type of response.

Room Tip: There is nothing about this place to help any one choose a good room they are all terrible. Go somew...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Southington, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to agree with the negative reviews that were posted. Rooms were rundown and in need of various repairs, maid svc left A LOT to be desired. Very impatient for us to vacate our room so they could "clean". Stingy with towels as other reviews have stated. VERY DISAPPOINTED that the water park area was only open till 9p. We will certainly not be staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is very unfortunate to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Our Waterpark hours are based on the demand from our guests. I apologize if your maid service made your family feel rushed, as this is never our intention. I greatly desire the opportunity to make this right for you, and change your image of us. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this situation further.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place needs a lot of work. I don't understand the Asian restaurant in a hotel themed with Cowboys and Indians in a lodge setting. Our room was run down and felt dirty. The hot water knob in the bathtub came off in my hand. It never speed dripping. The staff was friendly and service was great but overall I would probably not stay there again until there are some serious renovations. The Waterpark was fun but it too needs updating and a thorough cleaning.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
FortRapids, Guest Relations Manager at Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your candid remarks in regards to our property. Fort Rapids is currently in the process of renovations all throughout the resort. These changes are necessary, and our Management team recognizes that, which is why we are giving such an effort to make that dream a reality. I am truly glad that you enjoyed the waterpark, however. I truly hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that you can see the final product of all the great changes that we have in store!

Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family thought it would be a fun idea to spend time at an indoor water park this summer. We chose Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark since it was along our travel route. Upon our arrival we were greeted by an unfriendly security guard who needed to move our idling cars out of the way instead of move the mass of smokers huddled around the only entrance to the facility. We found that unusual and discourteous. Who wants to walk through a mass of smokers into a facility they've never been to before? Not us but we did and it went down from there...

We decided to check our room out before staying just in case it wasn't up to par. Had our kids not wanted to spend time at the waterpark, we never would have stayed at this place! We did enjoy the waterpark which was appropriate for our 4 and 8 year old sons. However, the lifeguards were unprofessional-constantly blowing their whistles at people instead of helping for minor infractions such as-not riding in a tube in the lazy river.

The rooms were abysmal! Our door was stuck, the hallway was humid, the cow wallpaper is in dire need of repair, the children's 'room' bunk beds did not have mattress covers and were made of cheap plastic, and the air conditioner was super LOUD!

We had to use our towels from our room at the waterpark-yep, you guessed it, the facility did not provide enough for its guests. After we used these measly cheap towels at the waterpark, we didn't have any to use in our room. We called the front desk for more towels in our room. After a 15 minute wait on hold for the front desk to answer, I was told housekeeping would provide fresh towels-only 4 mind you. We waited 40 minutes for the towels to arrive. They didn't arrive so we used our soaking wet towels from the waterpark after our showers. Upon arriving back to the hotel after dinner, we called to ask for new towels. The front desk told me, "We banged on your door 5 times and no one answered so you didn't get your towels." He then told me, "I'm all alone down here and can't bring them up, can you wait?" I said sure. I probably could've gone to the front desk from the 9th floor faster than this person brought them to us!

The facility in general is in desperate need of an upgrade. The exterior is peeling, ugly, and not a place I would normally visit. The interior is HOT! The arcade is outdated. And the waterpark is warm too-but that's a good thing.

We did not chose to eat at this place. We didn't purchase anything from the gift shop either.

In the end, the kids had fun at the waterpark. We actually did too. But it was the rest of the place that leads us to alert other travelers to its issues.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Our security staff is performing his required duties, and following state law by not allowing traffic to back up front of our entrance, which does pose a safety risk. While we do provide towels at the Waterpark, they are on a first come first serve basis as listed on our website. If you would like to discuss your stay more in depth, please don't hesitate to contact any member of our Management staff. I truly hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will give us the opportunity to provide you with the quality experience that you deserve.

Elmira, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was an on the way home stop. Wanted to get one last hooray in before coming home to NY. extremely dissappointed. If you are not a smoker and never have been a smoker make sure you dont have an 8th floor room. It was a slap in the face the stench of old nasty smoke from when the hotel once had smoking rooms! I was told that they clean the rooms? well I hope the hell so! If you want an indoor waterpark should have driven a lil further to splash lagoon in Erie, PA! There was free breakfast with our package in the chinese buffet room? I asked for a cup of coffee and thought I had asked her to go grind it for me too...Just a horrible experience overall and the cow print wallpaper was lovely...j/K

Room Tip: I would ask if anyone has ever smoked in it!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that you were not satisfied with your recent experience with us. If the room that you were assigned was not acceptable, did you speak with the Front Desk or Manager on Duty so that we were able to switch you to a room that fit you better? Given the limited information provided, I would like the opportunity to speak with you in regards to this matter to hopefully come to a resolution. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

614-868-1380 Ext. 6013

Been to Fort Rapids Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!