“Convenient location, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Convenient location, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Close to the airport and plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. They have a helpful map of amenities on the wall in the lobby. Our room was comfortable and clean. We didn't have breakfast, so I can't comment. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review! We love hearing about our guests' experiences.

Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad you enjoyed our accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to the Columbus area.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This property is near the approach to 28L at CMH yet you would not know it. It is surprisingly quite. Very clean site close to the airport. The staff are friendly and helpful, all to easy to take for granted. I will be back.

Room Tip: rooms to the east are further away from I-270
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We love to hear about our guests' experiences.

Being located in a residential area helps cut down on outside noise while also allowing our guests easy access to Port Columbus International Airport.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to the Columbus area.
Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed with my stay there. As several people mentioned, there's no hot breakfast and I didn't feel like crossing the parking lot in the rain to another building for cold cereal. The 2nd day my coffee pot disappeared so no morning coffee. What really got me is it appeared the tissue was recycled. I went to get some to clean my glasses and a bunch of it looked like it was pushed back in. After pulling out a few tissues the color changed. It went from the white one that had been shoved in to ivory in the bottom of the box. The bed was listed as queen size but was full size. And the toilet paper holder is so close to the toilet it will take a chunk out of you.

The only positives were it was clean and the bed was ok to sleep in. I've got to be back in another week but I'll make sure I'm not staying there next time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kelley F, Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank your for taking the time to share your feedback with us. The TownePlace Suties brand offers a Morning Break breakfast that does provide cereal, muffins, bagels, boiled eggs and a rotation of fresh belgian waffles on the weekends. I do apologize that we do not offer a hot breakfast. The housekeeping team sometimes try to make a flower with the kleenex, but it sounds like this did give the desired affect for you. I have shared your feedback with our houskeeping team as we strive to provide a comfortable stay for each of our guests.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just stayed 2 nights in May, rate not bad at $121 per for queen room. Room was clean except for exhaust fan in the bathroom had the usual collection of dust/dirt. Why hotels don't look at this often as it gives a bad impression for being clean. Checked in around 10pm, young lady pointed the buidling out to me so I knew where to park. Hallways and lobby looked a little dingy, needed vacuuming. Safe area around, Panera Bread, Bob Evans, Mcd and Chipotle within a mile. Would stay again.

Room Tip: get a building close by office to get free usa today in the morning-ran out by 830
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and you are absolutely correct in that we should have the exhaust fan clean and ensure the public spaces are neat and tidy at all times. Our team continues to work towards excellence and positive and constructive feedback helps us move closer to our goal.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our TownePlace Suites.
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here prior to an early flight the next morning. The rooms were comfortable though nothing special. Close to several eating places. Breakfast was nothing special - just cerial, juice, rolls, etc. Nothing hot. If you want a Marriott property, I would suggest the SpringHill Suites next door.

Room Tip: First floor means you might not have to climb stairs or hike to the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kelley F, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank You for taking the opportunity to write a review about your stay with us. As a Extended Stay brand of Marriott, we offer suites and amenities that service the extended stay Guest. Because of this, our breakfast and room set-up is a little different from the more "traditional" Hotel.

Our apologies that our Hotel and the Towneplace Suites brand did not meet your expectations.
Volga, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here for a month in April 2014 and had no problems whatsoever. The room I has was actually a suite. It had two separate bedrooms that had their own doors, a living room, and a kitchen. The kitchen had a mid size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, and dishwasher. The hotel was relatively quiet, too. There are only two things I have to say about noise. The first is you can hear other doors closing, because they close quite firmly. The second is the hotel is right next to the approach path for landing airliners at the airport. My room was at the end of the hotel closest to this flight path, so every once in a while I heard a plane. I was never awakened while sleeping, though.

There were no problems with the shower. The water pressure and flow rate was very good, and the temperature does not fluctuate.

The bed was medium firmness and quite comfortable.

The staff was always very friendly and helpful whenever I had any questions.

I did not see any problems or damage with the room. There were no holes or cracks in the walls, no water spots in the bathroom, no mold, nothing. The room was very, very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank You for your kind comments.
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night before a flight out of Columbus. The staff was friendly and helpful, but I will not stay at this location again. It is not especially close to the airport. If I were to stay that far from the airport, I would find something off of exit 33.

The building smelled very badly, like something between burnt metal and plastic. It could be that someone burned dinner in their room, but the smell filled the hallways. My room smelled of a heavy deodorizer. I had no bath towels in my bathroom. The bed was very soft and the air exchanger was very loud.

On the plus side, it was quiet and It looked like the carpet and countertops were relatively new. This hotel was just not a good fit for a business traveler who did not require a kitchen or pull out couch.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hello WITrvlfool. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport. I apologize for not meeting your expectations during this visit and will share your comments with our team. We certainly strive to provide a pleasant smelling hotel as well as well stocked amenities. We did just complete a full rooms renovation this past summer adding granit counter tops to the kitchen and bath, new flooring and the work station desk in all the rooms. We appreciate your comments and wish to welcome you back to any Marriott hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Restaurant, Poo...
Budget, Pool, F...
Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport
Free Parking, M...
Four Points by Sheraton Columbus Ohio Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna? Share your experiences!