“Not bad but a few items to note” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #67 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Not bad but a few items to note”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just stayed 2 nights in May, rate not bad at $121 per for queen room. Room was clean except for exhaust fan in the bathroom had the usual collection of dust/dirt. Why hotels don't look at this often as it gives a bad impression for being clean. Checked in around 10pm, young lady pointed the buidling out to me so I knew where to park. Hallways and lobby looked a little dingy, needed vacuuming. Safe area around, Panera Bread, Bob Evans, Mcd and Chipotle within a mile. Would stay again.

Room Tip: get a building close by office to get free usa today in the morning-ran out by 830
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kelley F, Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your review and you are absolutely correct in that we should have the exhaust fan clean and ensure the public spaces are neat and tidy at all times. Our team continues to work towards excellence and positive and constructive feedback helps us move closer to our goal.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our TownePlace Suites.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed here prior to an early flight the next morning. The rooms were comfortable though nothing special. Close to several eating places. Breakfast was nothing special - just cerial, juice, rolls, etc. Nothing hot. If you want a Marriott property, I would suggest the SpringHill Suites next door.

Room Tip: First floor means you might not have to climb stairs or hike to the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kelley F, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank You for taking the opportunity to write a review about your stay with us. As a Extended Stay brand of Marriott, we offer suites and amenities that service the extended stay Guest. Because of this, our breakfast and room set-up is a little different from the more "traditional" Hotel.

Our apologies that our Hotel and the Towneplace Suites brand did not meet your expectations.
Volga, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here for a month in April 2014 and had no problems whatsoever. The room I has was actually a suite. It had two separate bedrooms that had their own doors, a living room, and a kitchen. The kitchen had a mid size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, and dishwasher. The hotel was relatively quiet, too. There are only two things I have to say about noise. The first is you can hear other doors closing, because they close quite firmly. The second is the hotel is right next to the approach path for landing airliners at the airport. My room was at the end of the hotel closest to this flight path, so every once in a while I heard a plane. I was never awakened while sleeping, though.

There were no problems with the shower. The water pressure and flow rate was very good, and the temperature does not fluctuate.

The bed was medium firmness and quite comfortable.

The staff was always very friendly and helpful whenever I had any questions.

I did not see any problems or damage with the room. There were no holes or cracks in the walls, no water spots in the bathroom, no mold, nothing. The room was very, very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank You for your kind comments.
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night before a flight out of Columbus. The staff was friendly and helpful, but I will not stay at this location again. It is not especially close to the airport. If I were to stay that far from the airport, I would find something off of exit 33.

The building smelled very badly, like something between burnt metal and plastic. It could be that someone burned dinner in their room, but the smell filled the hallways. My room smelled of a heavy deodorizer. I had no bath towels in my bathroom. The bed was very soft and the air exchanger was very loud.

On the plus side, it was quiet and It looked like the carpet and countertops were relatively new. This hotel was just not a good fit for a business traveler who did not require a kitchen or pull out couch.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hello WITrvlfool. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport. I apologize for not meeting your expectations during this visit and will share your comments with our team. We certainly strive to provide a pleasant smelling hotel as well as well stocked amenities. We did just complete a full rooms renovation this past summer adding granit counter tops to the kitchen and bath, new flooring and the work station desk in all the rooms. We appreciate your comments and wish to welcome you back to any Marriott hotel.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed at the Marriott TownPlace Suites while attending a wedding in Columbus in December 2013. Booked a 2-bedroom suite for myself and my mother (one bedroom) and my son, daughter-in-law and toddler grandson (2nd bedroom). As soon as we arrived, it was clear the space was not sufficient for 4 adults. I ended up getting a separate 1-bedroom suite down the hall for my son and his family, so the stay cost twice as much as I'd expected, even with the wedding discount. The bedrooms are pretty small - the beds seemed full-sized and not queen-sized to me, and there was barely enough room for me to walk around the small bedroom. The seating area (couch and chair) and dining area (table and 2 chairs) could barely hold 4 adults and an active child. Breakfast (free) was just OK - Sara Lee muffins, an assortment of cereals, bagels, juice, coffee - no hot food. All in all, an OK stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We spent the week of Christmas at the TownePlace Suites in Gahanna, just outside of the Columbus, Ohio airport. The property is easily accessible and the staff are truly FANTASTIC. The rooms and property are showing their age and housekeeping is a bit on the "lazy side." When we arrived in our room - the counters in the kitchenette had not been cleaned and had stuck on food from the prior visitor. :-( There have been dirty towels in our hallway on the 3rd floor for three days....I am thinking they forgot them put them there? The bed is very comfortable if there is only one person - otherwise it is difficult as the mattress sags to the middle. Overall - if you need a reasonable, friendly place to stay - this is a good option. We would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

this hotel has awesome rooms and a great staff. We always stay in the 2 bedroom visiting my daughter. They just updated all the rooms with stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and granite in the kitchen and bath. All new carpet etc. We have always been happy with our stay.

the hotel offers free rides to the airport if needed and provide personalized service. Rooms are clean and prices are reasonable

with your room there is free breakfast but we have missed it by some time and the staff will get us items to bring to our room. (we are late sleepers)

We also always use points for our room, and they never hassle us and always upgrade our room for free to the 2 bedroom.

You would be hard pressed to find a two bedroom suite anywhere for the price. The two bedroom has a full kitchen with dishwasher, oven, stove and microwave. The room has a living room with sleeper sofa, chair and TV, each bedroom has queen sized bed and a flat screen TV. One bedroom is slightly larger with a desk area. One bathroom is included with tub toilet area and separate sink area.

beds are comfy with feather or reg pillows. Marriott is one of the few hotels I can go to with a comfy bed and I do not have to bring my own pillow from home.

Room Tip: ask for the two bedroom for an extended stay it's very homey
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna? Share your experiences!