“Comfortable and Convenient.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris

You added Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8505 Pulsar Pl., I-71 & Polaris Prkwy, Columbus, OH 43240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #96 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Comfortable and Convenient.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I agree with other reviews that the bathroom seems a bit dated. Additionally, there were no towel bars which drives me crazy. There wasn't even anywhere to put a hand towel. Seriously, why?

The room itself was nice though. Very comfy, and it had satellite with an interactive guide along with free wifi. Really better than I was expecting after many of the reviews I read.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hi EvilIncarnate,

Thank you for sharing your helpful feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations but I do apologize that the bathroom did not meet your expectations. I will share this feedback with our management teams so that they can look into this issue further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Front desk personnel Kate,Kristin, Celeste were extremely helpful in straightening out a problem with my reservation and with providing transport to the nearby Quest center. Kate even volunteered to drive me herself when the shuttle was not available. All three were friendly, warm and very helpful.

Megan went out of her way to fix a problem with the tv in my room and was as helpful as the other women.

Thrir graciousness made my stay quite memorable.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a business travel who has traveled to Columbus, OH on a weekly basis for the past 3 months. Being on the road all the time, I have some very specific requirements in what I seek at any Hotel I stay at.

For me, the most important thing is Service. The service at the Sheraton Four Points is top notched. Courtney @ the front desk and Preston @ the bar are just some of the best and most friendly folks I have ever met. Those 2 always look out for all guests at the Four Points and ensure our needs are met. A large part of the reason why I continue to stay at this Sheraton Four Points is because of Courtney & Preston. Make sure you say Hi to them if you ever stay at the hotel.

In terms of other aspects, keeping in mind this is not a W Hotel or Ritz Carlton, I think this is a great place with spacious rooms and large beds. It is a simple place with all the essentials, a few small, but nice luxuries (i.e. TV and Couches), and high quality service. In addition, it is has a great location. Close to the freeway with plenty of good restaurants nearby. If you are in the Columbus area and looking for quality hotel, I would say Four Points is good place to be.

Room Tip: *Make sure you get a room closer to the center of the building. Rooms at the edge of the building h...
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The lobby has recently been renovated and looks very nice. Reception was friendly and efficient.
At first glance, the guest rooms seemed ok. They have obviously done some updates, but did not finish anything. Let's start with the bathroom. The new sink/vanity with solid surface counter was quite nice, but it is pretty much downhill after that. The tub was really old with stains from old rubber nonslip decals. The shower curtain had a horrible sour smell. There were no hooks or towel bars. It was very dirty, and the hair all over the tub and shower area was a really nice touch. In the bedroom, they tried to divide it into 2 separate areas - sleeping and sitting. To accomplish this they shoved the bed as close as possible to the window right next to the old disgusting a/c unit that turned on and off constantly all night long, thus making one side of the bed completely unusable. In the large sitting area, they filled it w/ a desk, one chair, one ottoman and one small end table. There is a huge empty space. The bedroom was cleaner than the bathroom but not much. The furniture, lamps and curtains were newer and somewhat stylish, but the carpet was gross and the paint job was terrible. Overall with the super low ceilings, the room seemed really depressing. I think that this hotel would be ok for $100 or less for a night, but at $150 plus a night it is not acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi leon70_11,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. I apologize that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback to our management and housekeeping teams so that they can address these issues.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at many different hotels throughout the years, but this hotel provided an interesting experience. My husband and I spent the night here while watching the USA vs Mexico soccer game earlier this week. The arrival was pleasant and the main room itself was very nice (although the pictures posted by the hotel misrepresent how nice our particular room truly was).

My main issue was with the cleanliness of the bathroom and the following will describe why I rated this hotel as "Average". The floor of the bathroom was dirty and had clumps of hair and other pieces of paper littering the areas beneath the sink and behind the toilet. There was also a very noticeable blood smear on the back of the door. Once my eyes saw that, I followed them to the shower area and noticed a few dried clumps of hair stuck to the sides of the shower walls. As my eyes continued to move, I saw that the shower curtain was hanging off the pole and the body wash dispenser attached to the shower wall was broken. One of our towels had a blood stain on it as well and the toilet seat itself was so loose that you could practically fall off the toilet if you weren't extremely careful.

I would still stay at this hotel again, as the rest of the room was clean, employees were friendly and the stay itself was quiet and pleasant. I simply think that the hotel should pay more attention to cleaning up important areas (i.e., the bathroom).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Warren, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had read the reviews for this Four Points property and was expecting a lousy night but was pleasantly surprised by every aspect of this Four Points.

Check in was handled quickly and professionally and I was on my way in less than 2 minutes without feeling rushed. The public areas looked nice and the bar area had quite a few Saturday night patrons inside.

The elevator was old and made sounds like it might be on its last leg.

The hallways were in decent shape as well.

The room was quite nice. I suspect that the wide range of reviews could point to some rooms not being renovated as of yet. I don't know this for fact, just a guess.

The room was nicely sized, had new carpet and a nice sized flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable although I thought the bedding was a bit extreme for August in Columbus.

The bathroom was older but somewhat updated. The original tub and toilet were still being used. The tub was a bit stained and grimy but nothing that I couldn't deal with.

The free high speed internet was just that, fast and no cost.

I would happily return to this Four Points property in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi michtraveler1969,

Thank you for your stay and your review about our hotel! We’re happy to hear that check in was handled quickly, and that you enjoyed our public areas. Also, we’re glad that you liked our flat screen TV, bed, the size of your room, and took advantage of the free Internet access. At the same time, we would like to apologize for the bathroom tub being a bit stained.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing at Four Points Columbus Polaris soon!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location is great and everybody working there was very friendly and helpful. The lobby area is nice and there is a full service bar that is open until 11:00 pm. The drinks are reasonably priced. The beds were comfortable and room decor was a little older in the bathroom but not too bad. They do use dispensers in the shower and the conditioner was empty. The elevator is as horrible as stated in other reviews. Only one elevator was working and it was very noisy and jumpy. It felt like it was going to break down. Also, the ice machine didn't work on the 3rd floor. The outdoor pool area was small and the pool isn't heated, I used SPG points for our stay. It was worth it for 3000 points. I hope they continue improvements on the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!