I entered into my stay wary based on some of the reviews I saw on TripAdvisor. However, I was delightfully suprised. We booked a room with a lake view for a last minute Labor Day weekend getaway. We were greeted politely by the front desk staff. After unloading in the room, the front desk called to see if we were satisfied and if there was anything else we needed.
The view was very nice. The balcony had two nice patio chairs and a table, prime for enjoying the view. The wood paneling inside the room did bring back memories of grandma's house; however the beds and bedding were fresh and upgraded. Cable TV (including HBO), DVR, and VHS were readily accessible in room. Each room comes with refrigerator. The bathroom, sinks, and tub could use some remodeling, but were by no means unacceptable.
The lodge as a whole had a unique theme/design and somewhat dated, but I felt the environment lended itself to what it was--a park lodge. Cute and quaint. It is not meant to be a 5-star resort. However, plenty of activities were available throughout the park and area, and the front desk was very good at offering assistance in making plans.
The restaurant was mediocre in terms of service. The breakfast buffet was certainly not the best I had ever had, but filled me up for a day of outdoor activities for a reasonable price.
The outdoor pool is large with plenty of sunbathing space. The indoor pool area was not very ventilated, and exercise machines were located in this room. But with all the activities outdoors at the park, I doubt many come to the lodge to use the elliptical. I do wish there had been a hot tub.
The stay was very enjoyable and the hotel was completely booked the weekend I was there. I recommend the lodge for an outdoor getaway at Hueston Woods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center, located in the state park and just five miles from the Miami University of Ohio, is a spacious and comfortable retreat offering modern amenities. The park offers 3,600 acres of family fun! Activities include golf, boating, swimming, fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking, paintball, geocaching and much more. The lodge has 90 guestrooms and two luxury suites. We also offer 25 two-bedroom cottages, 10 couples cottages in the woods and two premier cottages on the lake. Our full-service Trailblazer Dining Room is open seven days a week, 365 days a year. The lodge is a great place for your next business meeting, family reunion or religious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hueston Woods Hotel College Corner
- Hueston Woods Resort Conference Center
- Hueston Woods Lodge And Conference Center Ohio/College Corner