“Wyndham Rocks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
New York
“Wyndham Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

My father had to have open heart surgery at the Cleveland clinic so we needed an affordable close place to stay . I must admit reading some of the reviews online had me a little hesitate on booking this hotel , not to mention the fact we weren't going to be in the room much anyway . So we booked online and I was very pleased with the service here . My dad was in the hospital for 6 days and they provided shuttle service for my mom and I back and forth . We saved 30 dollars a day with the shuttle service the hotel provided . Once My dad was released form the hospital he needed special accommodations and Dana from the front desk staff went out her way to meet our needs .Jnaise followed through and made sure we had everything we needed . House keeping did a wonderful job of cleaning up the room and changing all the linens prior to my dad coming back form the hospital . We needed a recliner chair and Matt had it in our room in minutes . The food in the restaurant was very good and the staff was wonderful . We were craving Spanish food and Sam the driver went out his way to take us to a couple of restaurants near by . I will like to acknowledge the following people that accommodated us and made our stay here feel like home . Special Thanks to Dana , Jnaise , Sam ( the driver ) , Stephanie , Anthony , Matt and the housekeeper that cleaned room #602 .
Sincerely ,
R Gonzalez

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, December 16, 2009
Dear Roxeee,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Wyndham Cleveland PlayhoueSquare. We are happy to know that you were pleased with the services we provided and that our staff was able to meet all of your needs. I will make sure that your kind comments are passed along to those individuals who made your stay more pleasant.

1,554 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

Went to Cleveland to see production of Wicked. Chose Wyndham because of its close proximity to theater. Everything about our overnight stay was perfect - especially the service in the restaurant. Room was clean and attractively decorated and the hotel was easy to get to from interstate. In addition to being close to the theater, the hotel was a short walk from the Tower Center complex - a multi-level shopping mall with numerous shops and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Dear JJF1101,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare while visiting Cleveland to see Wicked. We are delighted to hear that your stay was perfect and rest assured that your positive feedback regarding our clean and attractively decorated rooms will be passed along to our team members. It's great that you were able to take advantage of some of Cleveland's sites like tower city and the nearby theaters.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Our experience was overall a very good one at this hotel. We stayed the weekend to see Wicked at State Theater. It was nice to be only a block away from the theater. The staff exceeded my expectations as far as friendliness and helpfullness. The rooms were quite modern-looking and very clean. However, our room was a bit smaller than anticipated and we couldn't seem to get a comfortable temperature in the room. It was either much too cold, or very warm. Also, we had a few problems with constantly being begged for money by people as soon as we stepped out of the hotel doors. The staff did a pretty good job of keeping these people away from guests. Overall, I would likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

The accommodations were wonderful - what a great hotel. The bed and linens were very nice and I slept soundly. I didn't hear any noise in the hallway - doors slamming etc. The room was clean, and well designed. I will stay there again - especially when seeing a show at the nearby theaters. I could stay here as comfortably as I've stayed at the nearby Ritz - therefore I will rate it the same. Got a great price on the room too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, December 7, 2009
Dear Susan99,

We are happy to hear that your stay at the Wyndham PlayhouseSquare was so pleasant. We take great pride in the service we provide and are happy to hear you slept soundly and had a comfortable stay.

Thank you for the great comments and hope to have the opportunity to host you again when your travels bring you back to Cleveland.

Luz Perez
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and how accommodating they were with my specific check out needs. The free shuttle service was a huge perk....we never had to take a cab!!! The room was very clean and the best of all, the bed was super comfy! Thank you and I will definitely stay there again if I return to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, December 3, 2009
Dera BKDoktor,

On behalf of the Wyndham Cleveland PlayhoueSquare we would like to thank you for choosing our property on your recent visit to Cleveland. We are deligted that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our free shuttle! We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Cleveland.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We recently booked rooms in this hotel for us and some family we were meeting in Cleveland. The main reasons I chose this one was because it had great reviews on TA, they take dogs (up to 40 lbs) with no "pet fee" and they had reasonable prices. We were not disappointed!
We had 2 rooms-one was a standard king and it was just that--pretty standard (but very nicely appointed, clean and comfortable) and an "oversized corner king" since we were traveling with our toddler and needed some extra room. They call the corner king a "suite" but it's not a suite in the traditional sense (that it has 2 separate rooms), it is only 1 room but having said that, it's a really nice big room! Plenty of space for my husband and I and our toddler to spread out and be comfortable. We used their crib (we brought our pack and play just in case because we have tried other hotels' ribs before and some are terrible!) and it was great--in perfect condition and full sized.
We could walk to the 4th Street area where there are a ton of restaurants (the hotel has a shuttle but if you area able to walk 2-3 blocks, there is no reason to take it) and to the main square where they did a tree lighting ceremony. It's also walking distance to the theaters and many sports complexes. The area is pretty run down--most business (besides hotels and restaurants) closed but we didn't feel unsafe walking even after dark (mind you there were plenty of people walking around b/c of the holiday festivities--not sure what it would be like on a normal night).
The hotel has a nice pool, an onsite restaurant (which we did not try) and is a block from Starbucks. The staff was all very nice and pleasant to talk to. Valet parking was $20 per 24 hours which we did so we could come and go as we pleased. There is self parking a half block from hotel but didn't have the same in/out privileges and still cost some $ (not sure how much). Hardly any street parking.
My only real complaint about this hotel was that the hot water never really got hot so we all took lukewarm showers the 3 days we were there--not ideal in the winter!
All in all, I highly recommend this hotel if you want to stay near downtown.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
sterling heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

I resevered a room @ this hotel because it was close to the State Theatre where I surprised my wife with tickets to WICKED. All restaurants in the area were booked
including ENCORE @ the Wyndham, the one we really wanted to eat at. We went to the lounge just before dinner to eat from the bar menu realizing I should have made reservations a week earlier. The waitress in the bar introduced us to Karen, from the
main restaurant, Encore, who went out of her way and let us order from the main menu.
The meal was GREAT & so was the professionalism & customer service that was shown! Way to go!!! Also the room was fabulous, clean, & had a great veiw!

Thanks for making our night out a very special one,
John & Carol Gration

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear johng08

Thank you for choosing Wyndham Cleveland PlayhouseSquare for your accomodations recently. We are delighted that Karen was able to provide you such great service. Your wonderful comments regarding our professional staff and great customer service will be passed along to the appropriate team members.

Hospitality Manager

Been to Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square? Share your experiences!