“Overall a good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 20%
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Cleveland
St. Louis Mo.
“Overall a good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We arrived in Cleveland for a wedding, overall the Wyndham was a good place. The staff was very helpful, room was clean, and had a nice view of playhouse square. We tried the self parking at first, but since the Indian's were in town the lot was being used for that, so we had to use valet anyway. Being new to valet parking I didn't request my vehicle in advanced, so upon arriving outside, the attendant was gracious enough to run to the parking lot, and I had my car in 3 min. The restaurant is pricey but if you just walk a little ways to playhouse square there is a Starbucks and other cafe like places to eat breakfast. We ate at the "A Cafe" and had a nice breakfast for about the same price as a fast food chain. We even had a complimentary shuttle to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame upon request. Over all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

The hotel was nice and the staff was very friendly. The cleaning staff could have done better with emptying the trash, but overall the hotel is nice. We were there to take my daughter to Cleveland State and they honored the price that they give families coming to visit CSU. The biggest issue we had was the parking situation. The first day we arrived, we went ahead and use the valet parking and paid the daily rate of $20 (pretty steep for off-site parking). The first attendant was very efficient and called once he had our vehicle ready. Friday and Saturday, we were ready to hurt somebody. If there was more than one person handling the parking, it may be a little less frustrating. Unfortunately, the way downtown is set up you almost have no choice but to use the valet service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I attended the Tikicon that was in the civic center(?) next door. The first thing I didn't understand was that besides this hotel and the one caddy corner to it, there's nothing else in the area. I supposed it would fill up if there's a big production at the playhouse across the street.

First, the room was nice and roomy for a King. My friends had two double beds and it seemed a little more cramped with their stuff and their kids' stuff. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The amenities (shampoo etc) are a nice quality, but the towels would smell funny after being used once. Perhaps a change in the type of detergent would fix it. The front desk did have other detergent for us to rewash them.

The rooms have Ipod connections for the alarm clock where you don't have to listen to music from radio. And the speakers work, from what I could hear from my connecting room. The pool was nice and inside. Not very well decorated for a pool room but has a little play area for the kids and a sauna. The hot tub though was the same temperature as the pool.

The restaurant seemed pricey but has that ability since the other nearest thing without using a car is a Subway. Again, in the middle of the other end of town. The bar was wonderful. The bartender, a female, we had that night mixed drinks strong, which was nice.

All in all, things at this hotel were good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

We stayed in Cleveland over the weekend, and the Wyndham was reccomended. The staff was very friendly, Until I needed ice!!! There was not ice machine in the area marked "vending" on our floor - only a Washer and Dryer????!!!! which was running.... when I called the front desk, she said I had to go to the ninth floor. when I arrived there, It was OUT OF ICE!!! So I called back and she wanted to send me somewhere else - I declinded... she said " let me have room service bring it up"... I though OK.. that is service.. the next thing I know, I am connected with room service - who has no idea what I want and is pretty much bothered at my story and request... they finally bring me some ice, and I am too tired to drink anything.... This hotel is not very close to downtown shopping and restaruants... etc.... (my dad was with us and had a hard time with the walk.... ) there were other choices closer.... I guess it depends on what you want to do downtown...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Pool in basement was nice; staff was very friendly. I appreciated the hotel's bus to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so that I didn't have to worry about driving and parking. Rooms were clean and nice, but I could not get any WIFI access. Beds very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My husband, my parents and I went up to Cleveland this weekend for an Indians game and stayed at the Wyndham at Playhouse Square. We were a little unsure about parking because the website was less than helpful, so here's the deal: If you are going east on Euclid, pass the hotel on your right and then make an immediate right onto E. 13th street. On your left is the Halle garage, and if you tell them you're staying at the Wyndham it's $9 per night. Warning: the signs posted say they only take cash -- no checks or credit cards. It's cheaper than $20 for valet parking but that's something you can probably put on your room charge. The downside to self-parking is that even though the garage is just across the street from the hotel, it's behind it so you have to walk around to the front door to check in.

Check in went smoothly and we were granted late check-out until 2:00 because we had signed up for the free rewards program. The rooms were acceptably clean. The only bad things about the room was that there was no information book about where things were in the hotel/nearby. Also, my parents didn't have an ironing board or hangers, but they had an iron. Otherwise everything was fine.

Progressive Field is only a short walk from the hotel, and there are plenty of restaurants between the ballpark and the hotel, so that was nice. When we got back after the game, I had a little trouble falling asleep because we were on the fourth floor and I think the ballroom must have been right under us -- there was a wedding in the building and you could hear the bass/percussion. We turned up the fan a notch and then had no problem getting to sleep. But on a weekend stay, I think I'd request a higher floor next time. No other noise problems.

Breakfast was excellent. It's buffet only, and it was very good. The man making the omelettes was especially accommodating and explained to my mother how to make good omelettes in great detail. My parents noted that behind the building next to the parking garage there is a deli that serves breakfast all day, if you don't want the buffet experience.

After breakfast, we went back to the room so I could get some work done. Tip: Internet is free if you are a rewards club member (which is also free). I highly recommend it. We had both hardwire and wi-fi in the room. I used the wi-fi and it worked fine.

Check-out was no problem. Someone knocked on our door around 12:15, and when I answered and told her we'd be leaving around 1:00 she said that was fine and she didn't come back again while we were there.

All in all, I got a good night's sleep and the location was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank wunder
Fort Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I had to stay here a week while undergoing tests at Cleveland Clinic. They have a shuttle to the clinic and they even took personal care of me affter picking me up from the clinic after my tests. The bar had great appetizers,more like dinner and half price from 4:30-7. The staff couldn't of been more helpful,especially room service,my order got goofed up and they fixed it immediately. This hotel was extremely friendly and great for this out of town travler

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo