“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Cleveland
Delaware, Ohio
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Wyndham Hotel in Cleveland. They just did a multi-million dollar renovation. When you walk into the hotel you will notice the beautiful hotel lobby with marble floors. The hotel staff including the vallet were very pleasant to us. They made sure we were comfortable and had a ride to where we were going. The hotel lobby and hallways were a little warm the 1st day we were there but seemed to be fixed the second day.
We loved how the hotel was right in the historic downtown Cleveland area. It was close to the stadium, casisno, and restaurants that were within walking distance. We got our fair share of exercise for that beautiful weekend. Plus, there are other attractions that are within a 10 minute or less driving distance.
I have to say the beds are quite nice. Most hotels I have stayed in have not had nice beds. We were actually able to get a good night sleep in the bed. It was a King Size bed that gave us plenty of room and were filled with comfy pillows. I also love that they have Bath & Body Works products to use for tolitries and that the rooms were so spacious even after our luggage entered the room.
The pool area was nice but could use some ventilation. It was quite hot in there and there were no windows to let the cholorine smell out. I could only last a short time before I had to get out for fresh air.
The Encore restaurant has delicous food. Each morning we had the breakfast buffet and Dell was the Omletee guy. He carried on a converstation and cook us a great omlette each time. The dinner was amazing and which we got the steaks that were cooked to perfection. We waited over an hour to get our meal becuase they were under staffed but the manager came over to help resolve the problem and help the waitress out.
Overall we had a great kidless weekend and my husband and I enjoyed it. This is a great hotel for a weekend getaway or when you are in town for a game or a concert. And while you are there don't forget to see the giant chandelier. It is a treat to see lit up at night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear avongifts,

Thank you for your comment, and taking the time out of your day to write this review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham. We are also pleased to hear that you were happy with the room size, bed, and amenities that you received. We are also very happy to know you enjoyed your meals at Encore. We hope to see you again soon.

J.Kinney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Macomb, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently visited the Wyndham hotel in Cleveland Playhouse Square with one of my long time friends. We needed a weekend away from the kids and husbands and the Playhouse Square was definitely the place to go. After hearing about the "recent multimillion dollar renovation", we were more than just excited, we were pumped for some spoiling and time where everything would be within walking distance.

When I think of Wyndham hotels, I think of more than an average experience from start to finish. The classic and almost historic look of this beautiful hotel was exactly what we expected when arriving. Starting with the fast and extremely friendly valet team, we headed in to check in on what seemed to be a busy time for the city. Packed with people for the local concert, the hotel was actually very calm and quiet upon entering....

Though, I have to admit I was a bit baffled by where and what the renovations actually were. The customer service of the front desk, guest services, server at Encore (only one which could have been a fluke), Encore manager (saturday evening) desperately needed improving. I had several poor experiences with service and food quality at Encore throughout the weekend which I would not consider worth the pricing for Breakfast or Dinner. With a little training, I'm sure these areas could be easily be improved especially with a few of the stars that shined throughout the weekend themselves. The pool and spa area was very lacking with tiles missing, mildew, and insanely hot being in the basement.

After spending the weekend visiting the hotels various areas and amenities including the pool area, Blue Bar, Encore Restaurant, rooms, fitness area and private outdoor terrace, I was disappointed to leave. From the awesome Omelette chef at breakfast (Dell), dedicated and happy server (Breanna), and the entire valet staff, I truly felt a personal connection with some of the staff at the Wyndham Cleveland.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Aladybugonthego,

We are so glad that you decided to stay with us for the remainder of your trip here in Cleveland. We also want to thank you for taking time out of your day to respond to Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that your other hotel accommodations did not work out well for you, and am happy that we had a chance to serve you. Your comments about our friendly staff and comfortable rooms have been shared with the staff. We hope to have a chance to serve you again.

Have a great day,
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently stayed 2 nights at the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. It was our first family "staycation", as we live less than an hour from Cleveland. We traveled with our 2 youngest children, who are 3 and 4 years old. Checking in was a breeze, and Gabby, one of the front-desk clerks, greeted us with a smile and even flirted with my 3 year old son a bit. (MAJOR brownie points there!) As a matter of fact, every time we came to the lobby, Gabby stopped us and gave Skittles and Andes mints to the kids and chatted for a few minutes. She definitely made us feel very welcome!

When we got to our room, we were delighted to find it was clean, comfortable, and well-stocked with toiletries. The beds are fairly new, as are the luxurious linens. One thing I really loved was the fact that there were TONS of soft, fluffy pillows! We definitely slept well at the Wyndham, even though there was a large wedding happening. We were on the 9th floor, which remained surprisingly quiet, despite the celebration.

The water pressure in the bathroom was very strong, which was a nice surprise since a lot of hotels don't have very good pressure. My kids enjoyed bubble baths in the generously sized tub, and I found that the soap, shampoo, etc were of higher quality than I am used to finding at most hotels. Our skin wasn't left with that funky residue that some products tend to leave.

Another thing we absolutely loved was the fact that the Wyndham is home to a wonderful pool, spa, and hot tub. There are even a bunch of neatly stacked towels for guests to use.There are chairs to lounge around in, and even a great play area for little ones. Please note: The pool, spa, and hot tub are located on the basement level. When you walk in, the room is rather warm...Think outdoor swimming on a hot day. This didn't deter us any, since the water in the pool was nice and cool. Once we hit the water, the area didn't seem to stifling anymore. The kids loved being able to go swimming inside, especially since it was rainy in Cleveland during our stay.

In addition to the comfortable room and fun at the pool, we were absolutely delighted with Enore!, the on-site restaurant. We had an amazing server, Brianna, who made sure everything was exactly to our liking. She even connected with my kids, who absolutely adored her. I seriously cannot say enough good things about the amazing service we received! And the food? Amazing! Definitely try the New York Strip with Bearnaise sauce. My husband and I both ordered this, and they were cooked and seasoned perfectly. No steak sauce necessary! And the whipped potatoes and buttered asparagus were great sides and were also full of flavor.

The breakfast buffet was equally good, with fresh fruits, pastries, bacon, home fries, and some of the tastiest sausage I've had. You can even order made-to-order omelets prepared right on the line by a skilled Encore! chef.

Overall, we were definitely very happy with our stay at this hotel. It's in walking distance to most Cleveland attractions, although you can get free shuttle service from the hotel. The rooms are beautiful and incredibly comfortable, and the staff was friendly, accommodating, and made us feel at home. We will be back!

Dear Brandy N,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am so happy you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Also thank you for your compliments about our resturant. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay here. We strive to make sure that we are going above and beyond for each one of our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback, and we hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Shaker Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband along with my 2 children who are 10 and 5 and I recently had the pleasure of staying the weekend at the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. I am happy to say that we had an awesome time. From the valet that was conveniently available as soon as we pulled up, (and very friendly I must add) to the staff at check in, our stay was very pleasurable. I can honestly say that everyone that I encountered that worked for the Wyndham was happy and pleasant. For the first time in a long time, I saw employees that were enjoying (or at least gave the impression) that they enjoyed their job. One of the major things that I especially loved about our stay is the fact that the room that my husband and I stayed in was attached to my children’s room, this allowed us the ability of spreading out while still being close together as a family. The hotel bedding in each suite was amazing!!We had the best night's sleep. The mattress and bedding was so comfortable and soft, we all slept like babies. The hotel also has a bar and restaurant conveniently located downstairs and in the morning they offer a breakfast buffet that makes the best omelets we had ever had. My husband is still raving about those omelets. My children were very happy with the room service and I was too because it allowed us the ability of really relaxing without having to worry about running out to eat. The hotel is also conveniently within walking distance to the Playhouse and many other downtown attractions which is also a plus. If staying in Cleveland, the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square is a winner!

Room Tip: If you would like to see the skyline, ask for a room close to the top of the hotel.
Dear SabrinaD517,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us, and taking the time to write a review. Our guest feedback is very important to us and it sounds like you were able to enjoy many of our amenities. Your comments about our friendly staff have been shared with the team. We look forward to your return.

Have a great day
Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My children and I stayed in the hotel this past weekend.This hotel has such comfortable rooms and beds! The rooms are spacious and have a chair where you can plug your electronic devices. That came in handy for our cell phones and laptops. The view from our room was gorgeous. We could see Lake Erie in the distance and Playhouse Square lit up at night. The rooms have basic internet and faster internet is available for a charge.

The pool was a great temperature. The hot tub was really relaxing. The fitness room looked great but we didn't use it during our trip since we did a lot of walking.

The breakfast buffet is great as are the dinner options in their onsite restaurant Encore.We had a very sweet server named Brianna that I'd like to give an extra thanks to.

The location of the hotel is great because you can walk to tons of places and it's a short drive to museums and sports facilities. There is valet parking for a charge and it does come in handy. The location really makes this a great place to stay in Cleveland.

Dear Christy,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Our guest’s feedback is very important to us. It was a pleasure having you stay here, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also want to thank you for choosing us again when you come back to Playhouse Square. We look forward to serving you again.

Have a wonderful day,
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I just got back from 2 nights at the Wyndham Cleveland! The location was awesome, within walking distance to just about everything, which was nice. But they also have a fantastic valet service who will bring your car to you when ever you want! They really were the sweetest guys, always smiling, opening doors or what ever I needed at the time!

We stayed in a beautiful room! It had 2 rooms, one with a little TV area and a couch and one had a king size bed, desk, smart chair and another TV. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! It was a new memory foam mattress. I didn't even want to get out of bed! We were on the 10th floor and had a great view of the city.

The pool was gorgeous and I loved the hot tub! We went swimming a couple times while we were there. We had breakfast in the Encore restaurant both mornings and it was delicious. My favorite part was the made to order omelets! All of their food was fantastic all around!

I really enjoyed my stay there and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rmjs4022,

J.Kinney

Been to Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square? Share your experiences!