“Good Stay! Nice Happy hour in bar.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cleveland
Norfolk
“Good Stay! Nice Happy hour in bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Went to Cleveland for a weekend to watch the Browns play. Room was nice, bed was comfortable. The bar that was downstairs had a really good happy hour. We went there for a couple of hours before going out on the friday night. Had a few drinks and some appetizers. They were all good. The hotel was walking distance from West 6th where we went after. There were some good restaurants in the area too. Had a great weekend thanks for the nice stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

HospitalityMgr, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Adam Q,
Thank you for letting everyone know about your great stay with us. It's good to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of the great attractions within walking distance. Glad to hear you were also able to join us in our amazing Blue Bar for the great happy hour specials as well. We hope to have you back with us again soon!

1,537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Hotel room was great but the room service was terrible. Food was cold and undercooked. I will just visit the restaurant next time..the food there is hot and tasty.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sheila007 A,
Thank you for letting everyone know about your great stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room. I hope that we have you back with us soon!
Be well,
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for Friday December 13, 2013. Room rate $175.00
Upon arrival we were give rooms 615 and 618. The rooms were terrible
as well as the hotel itself. This hotel is OLD, WORN, and DIRTY. When I
showed the front desk photos on my phone of the room, they did move us
to two other rooms, however they were not much better. Also, the next morning
we were charged for valet parking on each room bill, even though we arrived in one car.
Rather than believe me, they spent 20 minutes getting the valet attendant to verify we
only had one car, and then another 10-15 minutes correcting our bill. See attached
photos.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear John D,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you had some issues. We will be following up with the appropriate departments and will use this as an additional training tool. We hope to have the chance to win you back.
Columbus, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We booked this hotel via Priceline. When we were given our room number, I told my husband..I'll bet we are at the very end of the hall...And we were. However, we had been upgraded to a Suite!!
Situated at the corner of the building, the room had 7 or 8 windows providing a view of 2 very different angles. We enjoyed a king sized bed, sofa, recliner, big screen TV, computer desk and chair, microwave, mini-fridge. Our only regret was that we only had a 1 night reservation. The room was immaculate and the service at the desk was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear OtleyandFatcat,
Thank you for letting everyone know about your great stay with us. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy all the amenities in your great King Corner suite. We hope to have you back with us soon!
rochester ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I was in town to see a Cleveland Browns game. The hotel is definitely within walking distance to the stadium. We did not return that night until 1am. We were awoken at 8am by the cleaning staff screaming down the hall about towels. I then called to see if we could get a late check out so I could take a nap ( I had a terrible cold) and they couldn't accommodate even though I am a Wyndham rewards member. We spoke to the front desk staff and they were very kind and refunded some of our points we wasted on this place. That is why I didn't give them a 1 rating. I won't be staying again.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear ahath,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We will be sure to follow up with our housekeeping to ensure it is quiet early in the morning. Unfortunately late check-outs are not always available in order to make sure our rooms are cleaned in time for our arrivals for the day. I am glad to hear you had a good experience with our front desk and i hope we have the chance to have you with us again.
Be well,
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the Wyndham downtown Cleveland. This hotel is a few blocks away from the Tower City Mall, and walking distance from Public Square. The room was clean, and everything I needed was right at my fingertips. The staff was great too. My only negative comment is the Valet parking. At $20, they are just babysitting your car because the nearest parking is a couple blocks away!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sherrie J,
Thank you for letting everyone know about your great stay with us. I am glad to hear you got to enjoy some of the many nearby attractions in our neighborhood. We hope to see you again soon!
Dave Goldstein

Been to Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square? Share your experiences!